Author Topic: Banner Marsh and Lake Storey...  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
Banner Marsh and Lake Storey...
« on: Jan 29, 2007, 01:44 PM »
Does any fish Banner Marsh or Lake Storey in Galesburg? If so, I'd like any info on the ice conditions for this following week and or month.
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline Lonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Banner Marsh and Lake Storey...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:58 PM »
Hello Iceman, don't know about those lakes up your way but things are starting to pop down this way ;D  I heard of two different areas that guys were out on the ice today.  My first shot at it will be this weekend I hope.

Sure hope the ice stays around this year for awhile.  Let me know how you do if you get out.

good fishing, Lonzo

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
Re: Banner Marsh and Lake Storey...
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2007, 05:44 PM »
Hey Lonzo,
 Yea I'm planning on getting out as soon as Sunday. I've sat on my butt and probably missed 3-4 good fishing days already--for no good reason!! I do this every year. I b***h about not having ice and then once it comes I don't do anything for about a week. This gets worse each year I get older. Maybe you can come up to fish. I can't carry my 2 man hut any more seeing how I threw a rod in my truck last year on an icefishing trip, (when I got it stuck) and still haven't got the funds to fix it. I have the 1 man frabill you sold me and I found out it'll fit in the trunk of my car. I'm gonna have to bungee strap it in, so needless to say I'm a little worried to transport it too far until I see how it works. If it works ok maybe I can come down your way also. If you get out too this weekend, get prepared--looks like we'll both freeze our butts off. I'm sure the guys in MN. would say we're p----'s(LOL). I've fished in this cold of temp's only once, but it was the dead of night with no windchill. It was the prettiest night I've ever had icefishing, though. The stepson and I didn't catch much but we really didn't care, it was so cool just to watch the moon and stars and drink coffee. Good luck this weekend--email me-- maybe we could get together as soon as next weekend--looks like it won't be so brutally cold!
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.