The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Eskimo FatFish Series Ice Shelters  (Read 729 times)

Offline subtlehustle76

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eskimo FatFish Series Ice Shelters
« on: Dec 18, 2016, 12:47 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with these shelters? There's the 949 and the 949i I'm eying. My specific question is is there a huge difference in insulation? I don't need it to be super insulated, I just don't want to buy the regular one to find out it's like swiss cheese keeping the wind out. I currently use an uninsulated KillZone and that's fine.. just too small. Is the uninsulated 949 good enough on it own right?
"Nice bass thumb, wanna see my pickerel d!ck?"

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eskimo FatFish Series Ice Shelters
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2016, 12:50 PM »
Wind is fine just a lot of fog and condensation unless you run a fan in the 949 uninsulated.

Offline Eyemadness354

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2016, 12:55 PM »
I have the fatfish 949i and love it absolutely no wind to worry about in the insulated only down fall is does  create a small bit of moisture on the sides of if no big deal tho... if I were u I'd def go the insulated route better to have it then wish u had gone that route in the first place...

Offline Eyemadness354

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2016, 01:39 PM »
I'm sure the 949 will do what you need it to do then very good quality product...

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2016, 04:04 PM »
I have the fatfish 949i and love it absolutely no wind to worry about in the insulated only down fall is does  create a small bit of moisture on the sides of if no big deal tho... if I were u I'd def go the insulated route better to have it then wish u had gone that route in the first place...

X2  I also have a 949i and it's worth every extra ounce it weighs and penny you're going pay.  I'm not framilar with your shelter but I will tell you the difference between the insulated and un-insulated huts is huge. 

Offline Tyler2487

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2016, 04:28 PM »
I also have the insulated version and it's wonderful had it in some nasty weather up on Lake Ontario last year it held up great kept us warm I was at cabelas today they had anunisulated Eskimo set up there it felt just as tough as the insulated if you really don't want it I know my girlfriend likes to be pretty toasty in the hut lol

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2016, 10:57 AM »
Hey Hustle I got the 949 not insulated.  It works fine.  I keep a buddy heater going and have been able to fish in just a hooded sweatshirt inside the shanty.  I think either way you can't go wrong.  Size-wise it is perfect as I also have a growing family and you will find plenty of room.
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.