The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Get shallow!  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Petros

• Team IceShanty Regular
Get shallow!
« on: Mar 10, 2014, 04:25 PM »
The late ice bite was on today. Fish that were holding in deeper water are now up in 5-7 FOW. Kept 1 crappie, 6 perch and 25 gills.

Offline iceauger57

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Get shallow!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2014, 10:45 PM »
I ind this to be very true :tipup:

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2014, 07:50 AM »
I caught a few shallow at OAKS SUNDAY.Could be the pattern starting.WHY NOT TRY?

Offline Paiceman79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2014, 12:07 PM »
Catching them shallow too

Offline prefect

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2014, 05:48 PM »
I caught perch and bass shallow on Sunday, but all the bluegills I caught were in 20 FOW.

Offline bobama

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2014, 06:19 PM »
fished two lakes over the weekend one was private. was not catching anything neither was the owner of the pond I asked if he ever did anything shallow he said he never got anything gave it a try and he was shocked went from 14 ft to 4-6 ft of water and big change on the the panfish. Public lake on sunday wasnt getting anything in 12 ft went to about 5 and found the perch got to move

Offline sparky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rooolz!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2014, 03:07 PM »
I've been catching all my fish in water from 17-25 feet since the start of the season.   They are still biting.  I think the deeper they are the less they are effected by the weather conditions.  These changing weather patterns coming through will shut the fish down in a heart beat.
sparky

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:10 PM »
The perch are going shallow because they are starting to stage in their prespawn locations.  They spawn shortly after ice out in the shallows (really anywhere they will be able to string thee eggs along something)

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2014, 07:29 PM »
the crappie bite is shallow in the weeds at moraine upto 14 fow but ive been fishing from 4 to 9 fow and getting all the species of pan fish otta the same hole up to bass and pike, it seems 6 pm dst is the start of the hot bite before that dead on the bottom then up to in the hole :o right before dark hittin maggots and minnies depending on the time maggots in daylight then minnies towards dark
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2014, 07:58 PM »
the crappie bite is shallow in the weeds at moraine upto 14 fow but ive been fishing from 4 to 9 fow and getting all the species of pan fish otta the same hole up to bass and pike, it seems 6 pm dst is the start of the hot bite before that dead on the bottom then up to in the hole :o right before dark hittin maggots and minnies depending on the time maggots in daylight then minnies towards dark
GOD BLESS
mo

Were you lying on the ice Sunday evening? As we were walking out, there was someone lying on the ice over by the church.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2014, 08:01 PM »
still catching jumbo perch in 30 FOW here in MA

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2014, 08:02 PM »
Were you lying on the ice Sunday evening? As we were walking out, there was someone lying on the ice over by the church.
looking at the fish hitting lure in the hole lol  :o really sight fishing ive never seen such a thing hitting bugz in the hole it was nicer sunday than Saturday 
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.