The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2010 PA ICE TEAM LINEUP  (Read 19111 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
2010 PA ICE TEAM LINEUP
« on: Oct 28, 2009, 12:07 PM »
i thought it would be a chance to introduce ourselves and start the 2010 lineup i see a lot of new faces lol well names: "1mofish" im from the western pa division i uasually fish lake arthur and the 79 corridor lakes,i have met a lot of you and would like to met more fell free to post lets see who's out there    mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
Re: 2010 PA ICE TEAM LINEUP
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2009, 12:22 PM »
I too am a member of the Western Divison of the Commonwealth of PA. I also fish Lake Arthur more then any other Lake in my area. I sometimes fish Glade Run which is close to where I live. I have had the pleasure of meeting and fishing with alot of the guys who post on IS. There is some very good info that gets posted on here about Lakes in PA. I am hoping that this contuines this year. I think the most important thing that gets posted is Ice conditions.
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2009, 12:30 PM »
Topher7694, NEPA...fish some private lakes in my area, but am known to go to a new lake at the drop of a glove...especially if the fish aren't cooperating...I also go to the 6 different lakes that are within the 25 miles of my house to post the ice conditions for PA...best of luck to all this year...

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2009, 01:27 PM »
Sittin here bored and sick drinking hot Sambuca with lemon, honey, and garlic - can't feel or taste a thing - so I'll do my chiming - Dr. JM, 2nd year resident at UMDNJ, assistant to the hospitalist at Pocono Medical, Northeast Division all the way, I keep my eye on the plateau and only fish private lakes along with the Big D and Susquy thru the ice.  Me and Skihunter are the first to stand on (or fall through) ice in PA while Pikepopper is usually the last.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2009, 03:26 PM »
Van_ Cleaver; stuck in the Southeast, though my mind is usually elsewhere. Home lake is Marsh Creek (and that doesn't  always freeze anymore) but anywhere within 2.5 hrs is fair game. I enjoy jigging for gills perch and crappie, but will throw out a couple traps from time to time. Recently have been lucky enough to fish some private lakes, and though they are far less pressured, can still prove challenging at times. As in where do the crappie go in the winter?  ::)

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2009, 03:58 PM »
Jiggerman,  JM (the original)  I am a central Pa transplant now living in the poconos.  I fish a number of private lakes that I know nobody on here fishes, as well as some public lakes here in the northeast mainly promised land and the big lake.  I used to fish the central Pa lakes almost everyday with my three favs being hunters, rosey, and lake jean.  Im not telling which lake but the same lake gave me winning perch in consecutive years with the other two lakes each yeilding winning sized ones pre tourney days.  Perch and walleyes are my go to fish with trout and bluegills being close runners up.  I have also been known to try and dance with the northerns. 

anyways I dont know how much of an asset I will be to team PA this year because i am expecting a baby daughter in the next couple of days, and am going to spend as much time with her this winter as i can.

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 2009, 07:39 PM »
John T. central divison. I like to jig for panfish most of the time. but i have been known to set tipups out. I fish Sayers Dam AKA Blanchard , Half way dam AKA R.B. Winter state park , and Black Moshannon. but would like to fish other lakes if i could get a guide.  i have met other I.S. members but would like to meet more. Hope to see you on the ice. John T.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2009, 08:22 PM »
holehawg here... beach lake pa /upper nepa ...right on the delaware river boarder....i'll fish anywhere...for anything...in any state...just make it after rifle season...i've been know to hang out with unsavory types from suffern ny and jackson pa. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 28, 2009, 09:38 PM »
i live in erie and fish presque isle bay, some inland lakes in NWPA and the tributary mouths. most of my time is on the bay going after perch and steelhead. just put some new runners on the hut to deal with the snow. cant wait to try them out.
forever in debt for your priceless advice

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #9 on: Oct 28, 2009, 09:49 PM »
Jayswimmer09!!! western pa, i fish moraine mainly but hopefully will be expanding some this year

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2009, 09:58 PM »
From NW pa, Venango co.
Primarly Fish Justice lake, Kahle Lake, and Wilhelm But plan to expand and hit Pymatuning and Lake Arthur this year.  Fish for trout (catch and release as I don't like eating them), walleye, crappie and perch for the table.

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2009, 10:05 PM »
Gambler here!!
My son lil maggot and I are from western Pa.
We fish Harbor Acres for trout and usually make it to lake Arthur and Kahle lake a few times a year for perch and crappie.
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2009, 11:00 PM »
I fish anywhere there is ice,but here in pa. I spend alot of time on hidden lake and Minnsi

Jan 2 MAINE
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline SuperX2Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 29, 2009, 02:00 AM »
I guess Im in a bit of a pickle here, not sure what team I get to fish for this year, as first and last ice for me will be in the Adirondacks, but I will be home for Christmas break fishing in PA.

When in PA I fish Hunters, its right up the road, along with Lake Jean. Sayers(blanchard) is my favorite place to fish and I will spend most of my time there when the ice is right.

Offline we3jeepers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Jeep?
« Reply #14 on: Oct 29, 2009, 04:29 AM »
i thought it would be a chance to introduce ourselves and start the 2010 lineup i see a lot of new faces

Is there anything we have to do to be part od the 2010 pa ice team??? or is it we just have to be members here and ice fish Pa??? Is it a competition between states or something?
BTW I will be fishing the Kinzua resivor which is just up the road along with some small lakes/ponds this year

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 29, 2009, 11:11 AM »
JiggerMan   CONGRATS on the new addition to your family. Keep us posted.   We3jeepers there are no dues of fees to be a member of the Pa fishing squad.....Just the desire to catch fish and share pics and stories and Ice conditions.
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline erihick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Oct 29, 2009, 12:15 PM »
erihick here. I'm from central pa and i spend most of my time on black moshannon but also fish walker and sayers pretty hard. Also a trip to raystown here and there. can't seem to find to many in colyer through the ice, but do good there for crappies in the spring. Sure wsh they would open poe valley back up, we used to catch huge chain pickerel in there.

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Oct 29, 2009, 10:06 PM »
Mike here , northeast corner New York border I fish primarily private ponds/lakes in upper wayne county but as long as there is food I'm game for anything.

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #18 on: Oct 30, 2009, 09:08 AM »
I live near the Mercer/ Venango Co. line.  I fish Wilhelm, Sugar, Kahle, and Shenango mostly.  I also fish Justus, Pymatuning, Woodcock, and Sandy (known to locals as Stoneboro) every once and a while.  Maybe going to try some tip-ups this year.  I mainly jig fish for perch and crappies.

Offline svfdf5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Oct 31, 2009, 02:42 AM »
svfdf5 i fish here in nwpa mainly pymatuning but also fish sugar,woodcock,tamarack,crystal lake and P I in erie i manly fish for crappies and walleyes but once in awhile like to jig for bass.good luck to everyone this yr and remember to stay on top.....

Offline daltonweaver3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Oct 31, 2009, 07:33 AM »
I just starting ice fishing last year.  The girlfriend goes with me.  I live near Pittsburgh.  Last year we mostly fished High Point with tipups for pike, but want to try to jig up some panfish this year.

My parents live by Kinzua, so might give it a shot this year as well as some of the Western NY lakes.

Offline roygpa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's da Ice?
« Reply #21 on: Oct 31, 2009, 10:14 AM »
I live about 10 miles or so south of Pittsburgh, so that make me part of the Western PA gang. I usually fish a little lake here called Peters Lake Park because it is close to home. I would like to try other places this winter maybe Presque Isle, Arthur or Cranberry Glade Lake as my brother has a small cabin not far from there.

Roy
Southwestern, PA

Offline btechvft70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Oct 31, 2009, 12:56 PM »
btechvft70 from NEPA I fish mostly all lakes within 2 hours of my house but mainly Harveys, Francis Slocum, Lackawanna, Proismed land, and my favorite Lake Jean
Dave

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #23 on: Nov 01, 2009, 07:11 PM »
JiggerMan   CONGRATS on the new addition to your family. Keep us posted.   We3jeepers there are no dues of fees to be a member of the Pa fishing squad.....Just the desire to catch fish and share pics and stories and Ice conditions.

thanks pajns, 

the little one came friday morning at 1:18 am.  Isabelle lee Wisner enterd the world at 1:18 am weighing 8.7 pounds and 21 inches long. 

JM

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #24 on: Nov 01, 2009, 09:13 PM »
NIce catch
congrats

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #25 on: Nov 01, 2009, 09:34 PM »
Well guess i should chime in here too
I just south of PIttsburgh .over recent years when i can get out iv been going ot high point Deep creek
twin lakes and virgin run.
Health usally holds me back at times
and only having a car used to be a problem now im in 4wd
I ve fished quite a bit with Pletch and eric and met quite a few of iceshanty members on the ice
and if you ever have the opportunity to take a trip with them i would do it.
I post what i can and i rely on other posts to learn more about the lakes i fish

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #26 on: Nov 02, 2009, 10:25 PM »
Marshrat is back and still full of piss and vinegar! Still fishing in the North Central with 5 home lakes in Tioga County. I have also been known to invade the waters of NY state. Gear up boys those New Yorkers can be mean and nasty Ive spent the last 5 years fighting them off for team PA and you wont find anyone that I can't hold my ground with on the ice. I also fish the FLW Tour Northeast College Division along with the BFL's.  I will host again this year the Team PA Iceshanty Gathering. This year the event will be held near Lock Haven but the dates and location will be announced later in the year.
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Nov 03, 2009, 02:30 PM »
Caddy084 checking in up here in the NE part of PA. I fish mainly on a few private lakes in Wayne County,  but am also known to fish Promised land, the Pack and Shohola to name a few. My line of work usually allowes me to spend the better part of the winter on the ice. I'll always post ice conditions for the public lakes I fish, and sometimes even tell "ya" how they were biting.  ;D   ;D   ;D... I look forward to chatten with you guy's and gal's again this season.....   """Go Team PA"""   

Offline MO FISH jr.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Nov 03, 2009, 08:36 PM »
mo fish jr.sixburgh pa.! usually fishin moraine. still waitin for the old man to lose his mind and give up the seacrets! :o

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Nov 03, 2009, 08:43 PM »
You have a better chance hitting the Irish Sweepstakes then getting THOSE Seacrets.... ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.