Author Topic: Automatic Fisherman  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Automatic Fisherman
« on: Jan 24, 2008, 01:32 PM »
Fleet Farm is carrying these and they're on sale for $42. Could probably wait until after the season and possibly get marked down even more, but I want to use it now.  It's not a bad deal since you get a rod/reel combo.  Has anybody used one yet?

I will try it out this weekend and see how well it works.  I also have some Slammer Tipups, but I got this so I can use it with a shorter rod for panfish and walleye fishing.  I did make a smaller Slammer but I do not want to bend the eyes on my expensive Thorne Bros rods.  Instead of buying a new rod/reel combo for my small Slammer, I decided to get the Autmotatic Fisherman to get the whoe kit and caboodle.
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
Re: Automatic Fisherman
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2008, 08:08 AM »
I have used the automatic fisherman now for 2 seasons, yesterday caught 2 hammer handle pike, hook set was in top of mouth both times. i lost 2 pike on normal tips, i am going to keep using the auto from now on. :laugh:

wallygator :tipup:
<{{{}}

Offline saskoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:51 PM »
I got one for christmas, and have caught countless perch and many northerns with it. I use a single gamagatsu octopus hook with a size smaller one tied about an inch and a half behind it. I hook the back hook through the minnows back just in front of his tail, and the second size larger hook just behind his head. both hooks should be just barely poking out under his belly. I have never lost a fish this way, every time it trips it hooks the fish through the top of the mouth and holds it on until i get there. good luck  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline [email protected]

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2009, 07:37 PM »
Fleet Farm is carrying these and they're on sale for $42. Could probably wait until after the season and possibly get marked down even more, but I want to use it now.  It's not a bad deal since you get a rod/reel combo.  Has anybody used one yet?

I will try it out this weekend and see how well it works.  I also have some Slammer Tipups, but I got this so I can use it with a shorter rod for panfish and walleye fishing.  I did make a smaller Slammer but I do not want to bend the eyes on my expensive Thorne Bros rods.  Instead of buying a new rod/reel combo for my small Slammer, I decided to get the Autmotatic Fisherman to get the whoe kit and caboodle.
I think that this is a great product, every fish on it I have caught and there was no need to set the hook.  The only thing I recommend is one of those de-icing bobbers that prevent the ice from freezing on the line, I haven't tried it yet but I will and I will get back to it when I try it.

Offline [email protected]

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2009, 03:48 PM »
I had used the de-icing bobber yesterday and the water all around it was frozen, but the line was fine.  The bobber floats from the liquid that keeps the line from freezing and it never freezes.  Didn't get any bites on the automatic fisherman so I can't tell you how it worked with the bobber but would seem to me that nothing would change. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.