Author Topic: Anyone? Bass Pro Shops Extreme Ice Classic Tip-Up? Please advise  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Sprocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Personal Text
Hi All - looking for a Jack Trap style tip up.  Found this:
http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Extreme-Ice-Classic-TipUp/product/10203326/

I was trying to modify my standard tip up to fold flatter - then thought to strip my H-T Polar plastic unit for parts and use oak...  Did some searching and found the H-T makes a similar type but for $30 each I can make my own.

Jack traps are great - don't get me wrong - but I fish small water for mostly small fish - the goal is to have a small, efficient, simple kit.  I think these fit the bill but I haven't handled them in person.  If anyone has bought/used/handled one of these, I'd appreciate some advise.

(All bets are off when the 50% sales start after the season...)

Thanks All - hope to get out soon
Trust me, when the Zamboni driver says "You won't catch fish through that hole", he knows of what he speaks.

Offline Deathtofish

• IceShanty Rookie
they are pretty good.
have 6. oldest about 4 years now.
one thing is you gotta bend the flag a bit where it meets the staples at the top of the post, they have a tendency to slide down when tripped. and as with anything from basspro check nuts/bolts tightness/clearnces. other than that, not bad.

that being said. if it weren't for everyone giving me bass pro cards for Christmas I would have invested in jacks.

Offline Sprocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Personal Text
Thank you
Trust me, when the Zamboni driver says "You won't catch fish through that hole", he knows of what he speaks.

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I beleive you want something more like this. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Celsius-Wood-Tip-Up-Combo-3-Pack/21080957

They would be cheaper, lighter, and pack smaller.
-Tom

Offline Sprocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Personal Text
No Tom but thanks - I have a set like that now along with 2 polar plastic types that I've come to like.

I'm looking for something like a 3/4 scale Jack Trap...I'll end up making something but for now I'm just looking for an excuse to drive 2 hrs to go get gear I don't need...

Offline mike1

• Team IceShanty Regular
How about the Jack Jr Trout traps? I have a couple I really like for shallow water, and when I'm on foot, very light  http://www.jacktraps.com/store.php/products/20-jack-jr-trout-trap

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm just looking for an excuse to drive 2 hrs to go get gear I don't need...

Man, I love the way Sprocket thinks... ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.