Author Topic: Arctic Fisherman 50th Anniversary "Beaver Dam" Tip-up: EPIC FAIL  (Read 18859 times)

Offline brycro

• Team IceShanty Regular
think they look neat but 75 buck that could be better spent somewere else.

you could buy 5 heritage lakers on sale for close to that and call it good. 
I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do. – Izaak Walton

Offline Flypopper

• Team IceShanty Regular
I don't think you should come on the site and tell everybody BD's are not made at the same quality, when they clearly are.  Your right the paint job is styled as "distressed"  and the price is too high.   The 50th anniversary just had the edges sanded down.  It's not that Uncle Josh's bought the company and decided to make a lower quality product because they could afford to paint the entire board.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks for clairfying this for me, I didn't think Uncle Josh would put anything out there as bad as these guys made it sound.  Price is kinda high though.

Offline gooseblaster49707

• Team IceShanty Regular
It is plain for all to see that Frabill is trying to win over the Disgruntled BD fans with the BD clone, great lakes tip up ! I'm just curious, You start the post describing how the BD looks so terrible that it will ruin the company, then you say that it still looks better then the Frabill  ???

Oops sorry, Cotton !  Greasy looking rags tend to look similar that way  !

Yes, the Frabills are made right in Jackson Wisconsin, Hence the name !  ;)2 

I'd say Most Definitely B.L.B ! :roflmao:

read the fine print = frabill = China. went thru this at the local sporting goods store last week.  doesn't matter the distribution or ownership spot, the package still says made in China. the spools wobble and the shafts aren't square to the spool on the newest ones.  S O R R Y x 8.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
personally i think all the BD style traps are junk because if there is a decent amount of snow you need to clear it to actually see the flag... I'll stick with my cross style 40-ups at $12 a tip-up... going on 16 years with some of them and haven't had a problem with them.... the newer ones however the spools are made of a cheap aluminum so they are getting replaced with Heritage spools as a upgrade

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.