Author Topic: pleasant lake in northwood  (Read 1056 times)

Offline ice malitia

• Team IceShanty Regular
pleasant lake in northwood
« on: Jan 26, 2013, 06:07 AM »
Headed to help put a shanty out and fish alittle, anyone have some helpful hint on this lake? Never fished it so I don't really know what to expect. Thanks for any help

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: pleasant lake in northwood
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2013, 06:36 AM »
Alot of avg size trout here (12-16") with the occasional 18-20" fish. Smaller size shiners (2-3") are good as well as night crawlers and salmon eggs most of the shoreline around the lake is relatively shallow 2-6ft and sandy. Some days are good but fishing is slow to fair most of the time. Good Luck.  ;)

Offline Cptn. Morgan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2013, 09:13 AM »
nice spot about a hundred yards out from the boat launch on the right a little brook dumps in nice sandy bottom always bag a couple there good luck brother

Offline ice malitia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2013, 05:56 PM »
i didnt personally get to make it out there today. somethings came up, but my buddy and the guy he was going to help did. from the sounds of it, thats where they put the bobhouse. i ended up back on sunapee again. slow day and wind was brutal! got 3 cusk on the cusk lines, biggest around 20". fished from 1030 to 3ish. had 4 tip ups out the whole time with no flags. just out of sheer boredom i busted out the ole jig n 5 minutes later landed laker. 20-22" seems to be the ave ive been getting. rumor has it someone got  28" laker earlier in the day. ice was rediculous. nothing shy of 12". that place is definatly starting to fill up with shantys. definatly got a whole shanty village going at the beach. my question is what could the be fishing for there?

Offline Lakertaker101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2013, 08:48 PM »
i was at a taxidermist yesterday and he said someone caught an 18lber on the south side in 5fow...not sure when that occured but it was cool to hear a young girl got it and that theres still some big ones around in sunapee!

Offline ice malitia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2013, 09:39 PM »
What taxidermist? The one I brought my 10 pounder to told me the same story, except he said it came from that sand bar area where everybody goes n parties on there boats. Up above blodgetts landing. I'm starting to like that lake. Lol. I think I've spent most time there this year.

Offline Lakertaker101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2013, 05:07 AM »
daves...soo you got it at sunapee?

Offline ice malitia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2013, 08:20 AM »
Oh no crap, my fish is at Dave's. Lol. i think he said the girl got it last year. i assume through the ice. i imagine boat traffic there would push them right out of the shallows. I've been there almost every night after work. Ive got my cusk lines in there. I gotta go back up and check them today too. Wish I could figure it out a little better to catch other species also. I was going to put my hard side up there but someone moved into the spot I liked. you snooze you lose I guess.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.