Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1679789 times)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #5370 on: Aug 22, 2019, 07:13 PM »
Been drooling over the flameking propane kit and 3 extra tanks to go with it. Scored the whole shebang for 15.89. By applying for the Amazon credit card at time of order. They knocked 60 bucks off.

Caveat is the interest rate is 24 % +. Works for me as I won't carry a balance.

How'd you do that? I'd bite at that price... Already got Amazon Prime card.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5371 on: Aug 23, 2019, 03:35 AM »
Deal only good for those not having a card. Promotional thing company hopes that you eventually will carry balance.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #5372 on: Aug 23, 2019, 07:22 AM »
Deal only good for those not having a card. Promotional thing company hopes that you eventually will carry balance.

Thanks hays, I should have read more carefully. I've had the Prime card almost forever and accumulate points, 5% on every Amazon/Whole Foods purchase, 2% back on gasoline, restaurants and qualifying drug stores and 1% on everything else. Never carry a balance and get  $$ to spend back online. Works for me.

Enjoy your Flame King purchase!

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5373 on: Aug 26, 2019, 08:36 AM »
Hey everyone, Looking to pick up either a Helix 7 SI or Garmin Striker 7sv. Anyone have an idea when these may go on sale? thanks!
Tight Lines!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5374 on: Aug 26, 2019, 08:53 AM »
Hey everyone, Looking to pick up either a Helix 7 SI or Garmin Striker 7sv. Anyone have an idea when these may go on sale? thanks!

Electronics are excluded from most retailer's sales these days.  Try Hennessey Outdoor Electronics for the Bird.  Call for best price.  They can't advertise for less than MAP, so you need to call.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline NEWLEE

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Marcum then catch 'em
« Reply #5375 on: Aug 26, 2019, 09:30 AM »
Scheels has some pretty good deals on fishing stuff and there's some ice fishing deals scattered through there.

They have a Black Betty for $69.99 Or a men's Arctic shield parka for $49.99 are just a couple examples.

https://www.scheels.com/c/fishing/sale?sz=24&start=0

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5376 on: Aug 26, 2019, 01:31 PM »
I just ordered a pair of the Striker boots for $86, best price I've seen, only sizes 11, 12, and 13 available:

https://www.thereelshot.com/products/striker-ice-boot

You can also order from the company above but through Walmart if you have gift cards to use up like I did. Your cost might be lower, the $86 was with shipping and I got charged sales tax

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5377 on: Aug 26, 2019, 02:35 PM »
I just ordered a pair of the Striker boots for $86, best price I've seen, only sizes 11, 12, and 13 available:

https://www.thereelshot.com/products/striker-ice-boot

You can also order from the company above but through Walmart if you have gift cards to use up like I did. Your cost might be lower, the $86 was with shipping and I got charged sales tax
hmm wondering if they are more durable than my muck arctic pros.both my boots have 4” cracks across them and only 2 seasons old and thats only wearing them icefishing .might go back to my mickeys but also looked at baffin titans but these strikers have a better price.i need a all rubber boot with no laces due to lots of slush and water on the ice here.i will never buy another set of mucks ever again.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5378 on: Aug 26, 2019, 04:56 PM »
Dryshod best rubber boots I've even seen both my brother in laws have a pair and one has the winter ones and the other has the higher artic one and both have said their feet never get cold
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #5379 on: Aug 26, 2019, 07:30 PM »
Dryshod best rubber boots I've even seen both my brother in laws have a pair and one has the winter ones and the other has the higher artic one and both have said their feet never get cold
It's a good habit to include a link to the product!!  https://dryshodusa.com
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5380 on: Aug 26, 2019, 08:49 PM »
I don't know the price of Titans now but I bought a pair about 4 years ago about that $86 price in Cdn $
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5381 on: Aug 27, 2019, 07:39 AM »
Electronics are excluded from most retailer's sales these days.  Try Hennessey Outdoor Electronics for the Bird.  Call for best price.  They can't advertise for less than MAP, so you need to call.

DN

I'll give them a shot, thanks!
Tight Lines!

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5382 on: Aug 27, 2019, 07:42 AM »
I have a pair of Kamik's, high boot, fully rubber. I wear strictly for ice fishing. 3 seasons in them and no signs of wear yet. I'm happy with them.
Tight Lines!

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5383 on: Aug 27, 2019, 10:49 AM »
It's a good habit to include a link to the product!!  https://dryshodusa.com

Re-branded muck boot. If i remember correctly the owner of this brand branched off from muck and supposedly improved the boot, etc, etc. Looks the same to my bad eyes. I had a pair of mucks split on both sides at the seam by the ankle after wearing about 20 times. Other people wear em for years with good luck. Last year i went the baffin route and now have 3 pairs. Love em! best and most comfortable warm boots I've purchased over the years.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5384 on: Aug 27, 2019, 11:13 AM »
Re-branded muck boot. If i remember correctly the owner of this brand branched off from muck and supposedly improved the boot, etc, etc. Looks the same to my bad eyes. I had a pair of mucks split on both sides at the seam by the ankle after wearing about 20 times. Other people wear em for years with good luck. Last year i went the baffin route and now have 3 pairs. Love em! best and most comfortable warm boots I've purchased over the years.

It is not a rebrand muck boot. It's by far the best rubber boot on the market as soon as the lacrosse ones I have blow out I will be buying a pair of dryshods
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5385 on: Aug 27, 2019, 11:22 AM »
It is not a rebrand muck boot. It's by far the best rubber boot on the market as soon as the lacrosse ones I have blow out I will be buying a pair of dryshods
Fair enough. We all have our opinions and experiences, that is what makes this forum fun and educating. I'm partial to baffin because i have them and tried them and many others and they are my favorite. You are partial to the dryshod because you have experience knowing someone owns them. Great. We can all be happy and enjoy trying new boots :) 

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5386 on: Aug 27, 2019, 11:44 AM »
STEAL if you need big BTUs!  Mr. Heater MH45T Triple Tank Top Outdoor Propane Heater - $67.65!  These normally run around $130 and higher, so about half price!  Three independent, fully adjustable burners.  I can't really think of many ice fishing applications for this, but it'd make a great garage/man cave heater if'n you needed one!  I was doing a search of the smaller Mr. Heaters when I accidentally bumped into this deal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054WH9NA?psc=1

Hope someone has a need!

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5387 on: Aug 27, 2019, 12:07 PM »
Amazon Warehouse - Baffin Titans, size 12, very good condition - $54.01  Too big for me or I'd grab 'em.  Buy if you wear size 10 1/2 to 11.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002BH4G78/?condition=used

DN

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5388 on: Aug 27, 2019, 12:13 PM »
Amazon Warehouse - Baffin Titans, size 12, very good condition - $54.01  Too big for me or I'd grab 'em.  Buy if you wear size 10 1/2 to
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002BH4G78/?condition=used

DN
damn it i wear size 14.do baffins run small in size?

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5389 on: Aug 27, 2019, 01:34 PM »
damn it i wear size 14.do baffins run small in size?
i normally wear a 9 and in baffins i order 10 and they are perfect for me. Some guys claim they need to order 2 sizes bigger but not me.

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5390 on: Aug 27, 2019, 03:05 PM »
Fair enough. We all have our opinions and experiences, that is what makes this forum fun and educating. I'm partial to baffin because i have them and tried them and many others and they are my favorite. You are partial to the dryshod because you have experience knowing someone owns them. Great. We can all be happy and enjoy trying new boots :)

I bought the strikers last year and I love them, My baffins do not like slush so when standing in water my feet get damp.  The strikers held up awesome standing in water, and plenty warm enough.

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5391 on: Aug 28, 2019, 01:18 PM »
I'm kind of the same way, my Baffins are great when it's not wet, but I like a sturdier feel to my footware, they baffins feel like slippers to me and when it gets slushy they don't cut it.  I'm still wearing my Arctic Pro's but I've had the same problems as mentioned several pairs have split and leaked on me, but I do wear mine for summer farming and all times in between, so I guess I get my usage out of them, but they do seem over priced for the short life span... I've been wondering about the Cabela's boots, if they guarantee them like they used to on other products I'd take them back if they failed in a season and I'd bet they will replace them... Let me know if anyone has had good luck with the Cabela's boot, I was looking that direction next time... Later J

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5392 on: Aug 28, 2019, 01:31 PM »
Rubber boot care..been using it for several seasons now on my Muck Artic sport
 ..I am hoping it is working.

https://www.gearaid.com/products/revivex-care-boot-rubber?_pos=2&_sid=095af7879&_ss=r
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #5393 on: Aug 28, 2019, 01:50 PM »
Edit:

Never mind... I got too far off topic.  ;)2

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5394 on: Aug 28, 2019, 01:51 PM »
Rubber boot care..been using it for several seasons now on my Muck Artic sport
 ..I am hoping it is working.

https://www.gearaid.com/products/revivex-care-boot-rubber?_pos=2&_sid=095af7879&_ss=r
hmm my mickeys are from 1971 and no cracks but my mucks worn only on ice and stored in a dark closet couldnt last 2 seasons.i thought about rubber conditioners like that but they didnt last long enough To try anything.both muck boots look brand new still except for huge cracks that i slathered shoo goo on.mucking up the deals thread with boot comparisons.lol

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #5395 on: Aug 28, 2019, 02:20 PM »
mucking up the deals thread with boot comparisons.lol

Yep. I should kept my mouth shut...  ::)

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5396 on: Aug 28, 2019, 02:53 PM »
Yep. I should kept my mouth shut...  ::)
im just as guilty..

Offline Ice Thunder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5397 on: Aug 28, 2019, 08:00 PM »
"Let me know if anyone has had good luck with the Cabela's boot, I was looking that direction next time... Later J"

For the first time ever last year I went to all rubber knee boots (I have large calves and didn't think they would fit comfortably).

I bought one "mid-weight" pair of "lifetime guaranteed" Cabelas for hunting and liked them so much I bought the heavier insulated ones and wore them for all of the ice season last year, and I ice fished A LOT last year (WI, MN, MI, Canada) in all sorts of temps and conditions.

I was VERY happy with the Cabelas boots.

Wore a light liner sock and a mid-heavy over sock and was never cold or wet. Fairly easy on & off too.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5398 on: Aug 29, 2019, 07:41 AM »
I went with the Cabela's transalaskan boots last year and they were incredible. They were actually too hot for the 25* days. I picked up a pair of cheap muck-style boots for warmer days! :)

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5399 on: Aug 29, 2019, 10:47 AM »
I don't want to muck up this thread too much, but I've had the Cabela's trans Alaskan boots for three season going on my fourth, I never once have my feet been cold. Extremely warm. But, for those guys who commonly have to work in slush or standing water these might not be the boots. I find water will go through the top part by the shoelaces if you were in slush or standing water

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.