Author Topic: Martin Meadow Pond 3/2  (Read 753 times)

Offline Brendog9

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ga head
Martin Meadow Pond 3/2
« on: Mar 04, 2024, 09:20 AM »
Stayed up in Bethlehem and hit Mart Meadow on Saturday from about 10-3:30 with a group.

We caught six rainbows, five jigging and one on a tip up. Biggest rainbow was 1.14 and then the rest in the .75-one pound range.

I also finally checked off jigging up a smallmouth through the ice, never done that before so I was pumped. Decent sized, 1.54 pounds. We also saw a bald eagle which never gets old.

Conditions were great most of the day, which was good because I left my jacket at the house. Hardly any wind and about a foot of ice. We decided to pack up around 3:30 because of the rain which turned out to be a great call. It started to rain pretty good around 4 as we were leaving.

I think that's a wrap for this season unfortunately. I started putting everything away when I got home, time to get everything ready for freshwater.
Marking anything?

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
Re: Martin Meadow Pond 3/2
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2024, 12:17 PM »
Nice report, congrats
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2024, 05:38 PM »
Stayed up in Bethlehem and hit Mart Meadow on Saturday from about 10-3:30 with a group.

We caught six rainbows, five jigging and one on a tip up. Biggest rainbow was 1.14 and then the rest in the .75-one pound range.

I also finally checked off jigging up a smallmouth through the ice, never done that before so I was pumped. Decent sized, 1.54 pounds. We also saw a bald eagle which never gets old.

Conditions were great most of the day, which was good because I left my jacket at the house. Hardly any wind and about a foot of ice. We decided to pack up around 3:30 because of the rain which turned out to be a great call. It started to rain pretty good around 4 as we were leaving.

I think that's a wrap for this season unfortunately. I started putting everything away when I got home, time to get everything ready for freshwater.
did you fish with a kid named Ezra?
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2024, 05:51 PM »
Looks like a solid outing... congrats on the smallie and the bows...looks like a decent trip to end the season on.

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2024, 08:23 PM »
nice work!
Tight Lines!

Offline Brendog9

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ga head
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2024, 09:32 AM »
did you fish with a kid named Ezra?

No I didn't there were a couple of other groups out there but didn't get a chance to talk to anyone.
Marking anything?

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2024, 09:40 AM »
Sounds like a successful outing -- what were you using for bait on the tip-up?

Offline Brendog9

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ga head
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2024, 07:55 PM »
Small shiners. They were so lively, great bait.
Marking anything?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.