Author Topic: ARCTIC SIREN!  (Read 1681 times)

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
ARCTIC SIREN!
« on: Dec 17, 2007, 10:20 PM »
Hey Guys! Ive been looking at the Frabil arctic siren, but I'm not sure how big/small it is! If anyone knows the dimensions it would be great. Id also like to know if its a good or bad buy.... :-\ Thanks

~ Fishstalker

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ARCTIC SIREN!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2007, 10:18 PM »
I bought one last year as a joke and attached it to a Frabill Classic tip up (I only use Arctic Fisherman so I wasn't about to ruin one with this) and it is just (about) big enough to mount on the board - the wood split a little bit even with a pilot hole. Put some Gorilla glue on and it was fine.

The first (and only) day I used it I had it set up about 50 yards from our camp. It was 10 deg with a 5-10ph wind. The first flag went up and we could barely hear the siren to attract our attention. When the second flag went up I never heard it until I was pretty close. The last straw was when I went to change out my tip ups from pike to walleye at dusk  - the flag had tripped and I had a fish on, but the pin was frozen into the alarm so the pin never pulled out to activate the alarm. The clamp that attaches to the flag worked great - it never let go from the flag, thus holding the flag down enough so it looked like it wasn't tripped from where we were at.

Needless to say, it ended up in the "gimmick - do not use box" that we have put together for like products.

With this being said I am sure it is a fine product for each person to test on their own, but this is just an example of what happened to me.

Good luck in your search.

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2007, 08:50 AM »
I purchased one the other night. I was wondering how it would hold up in crapty weather. All i can do is test it out i guess! Thanks for your info on it esox13.

Offline King Fisher22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2007, 08:51 PM »
What siren would you guys recommend???
FLAAAAAAAAAAAAG!  Or should I say.... BELL!

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I'm just not a fan, had too much probs with them  :'(
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.