Author Topic: Artic Sirens  (Read 1100 times)

Offline BLACKMOUSIE

• IceShanty Rookie
Artic Sirens
« on: Jan 22, 2007, 06:54 PM »
I picked up four Artic Sirens (tip up alarms).  I hope to give them I try this weekend.  Anyone ever use them?

Offline Big W

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Artic Sirens
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2007, 06:07 PM »
Good Luck...In theory they are a great idea...reality they are a pain in the a$$$.  They don't fit correctly on the tip-up...make sure the little yellow string is tied tight so you don't drop the pin down the hole....the string is too long, so they don't always pull out.  I have them on my bd. I shorten the length quite a bit....

Good Luck

Big W

Offline BLACKMOUSIE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2007, 06:50 AM »
Thanks.  I am going to try them this weekend in NJ (we just got ice).  I see what you mean about attaching to tip-ups.  I screwed two onto wooden tip-ups (barely fit)  & used the Velcro on two round ones.  We can use 5 devises in NJ & PA.  I usually set out four & jig with one rod.  Many times flags are not noticed timely when engrossed in jigging.  Those things are pretty loud too - may drive some people crazy on a busy day. ;D

Offline Duves

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2007, 06:59 AM »
I have two of them and do like them.  They are nice because I have a Clam 2000 and you don't have to keep looking out the windows just listen.  The trick is to use the Velcro and not screw it to the tip up.  When you clip onto the flag place the base of the alarm almost directly under where the flag is clipped so when the flag goes up it's pulling the pin almost straight up.  Just fiddle around with it before you head out and you will know what I'm saying..  Good luck I think you will like them.

Offline BLACKMOUSIE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2007, 11:48 AM »
Great - I'm looking foward to it.  I fish out of  shanty as well.  We do limited evening/night fishing around here but if the temp continues to drop & I can access the deeper areas I would love to try them for Walleye. The alarms seem to be a great application for this.  Thanks for the tips. :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.