Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1638435 times)

Offline Crappyfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #210 on: Oct 19, 2014, 10:38 AM »
Had a "feel like temp" of 34 this morning. 60's the rest of the week though. When we get ice, I'm gonna be drilling ice with my new honda lite auger no matter what thickness! Can't wait to use it!!!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #211 on: Oct 20, 2014, 03:07 AM »
37 and rain in the forecast. At least it's dry for my run. Gonna take a ride to the new Field and Stream later. Might pick up some stuff for perch flies. Pulled all my firearms out of the safe the other day. I was thinking about selling some since I haven't hunted in quite a few years. Common sense prevailed.

I'll be looking for some new hunting clothes while I'm there ;D

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #212 on: Oct 20, 2014, 04:00 AM »
Good Morning Fella's,
83 guests....7 members this morning....almost 12:1.....good odds for horse racing!  ;D
Enjoy your shopping trip RG....welcome back to hunting! Great exercise.......
Pouring the footing this morning on a foundation renovation, and setting up a huge tarp to tent it in....no down time with the rain forecasted....small job....about 300 block.   31* here in the Hilltowns this am.
Coffee's brewing......there's a few bags of Oreo's just waiting to get dunked.....help yourself boys!

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #213 on: Oct 20, 2014, 05:37 AM »

Good morning Eddie, RG and everyone else. I need coffee! Have a good trip to the F&S store RG. It was 27* here.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #214 on: Oct 20, 2014, 05:45 AM »
Mornin' guys!!! Up early today. Cawfee's perkin'...eyeballing that extra- thick sliced Apple wood smoked bacon and fresh eggs that are on the menu for a special treat breakfast!

Might have to have a mid-morning snack later...... ;D

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #215 on: Oct 20, 2014, 04:17 PM »
Never did get shopping today. Somehow I became entrenched in rearranging our basement to accommodate a reloading bench. One thing lead to another and a trip to the dump ensued. Probably a direct result of my mild but ever present OCD.

In any event, the basement is cleaned and ready for a little construction. ;D I'm really enthused about getting back into shooting. I stopped reloading and shooting after a devastating basement flood 10 years ago ruined my setup. Now I have not only the desire, but the time.

This retirement thing just keeps getting better and better.
Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #216 on: Oct 21, 2014, 02:48 AM »
    90 Guests, 4 Users (0 Buddies)
masoneddie, NY_BLUES, icehook17, muskiewrangler
Good Morning Everyone,
Way out numbered here this morn....now I know how Custer must have fealt.    ;D
42* and light rain in the Hilltowns. Good luck with your reloading RG....sounds like your retirement is going quite well these days!  :thumbsup:
Coffee's brewing....bacon and eggs on my mind this am for some reason Reb...have a great day all.

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #217 on: Oct 21, 2014, 05:42 AM »

Good morning guys, yea rain this morning, I should have stayed in bed longer. mmmmmmm Bacon and eggs, sounds good to me. ;D
          Have a good day everyone! :flex:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #218 on: Oct 21, 2014, 05:51 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, Ice Wanderer light rain and 50 f at this time . Stay safe and make the best of your respective days.
Steve

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #219 on: Oct 22, 2014, 03:38 AM »
Good morning everyone.
47 and breezy here with some rain around. Temps are going the wrong way for ice fishing. Supposed to be near 70 by Monday. Good news is, the perch are really getting busy.

Put some lights up and wired up a compressor for one of the club yesterday. He's in poor health at 55 and has no business on a ladder. It was actually kind of fun to throw on the tool belt for a few hours. Anyway, no sparks or flames so I guess I haven't lost my touch just yet ;D. I was happy to,donate a little time.

Gonna rain again today so it's back to the basement project for me.

Fare well my friends!

Rg

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #220 on: Oct 22, 2014, 03:51 AM »

Good morning Rg, You shouldn't put on a tool belt so soon after retiring, you could get the itch to go back to work. LOL
            80 users and 13 users, come on guys log on or join up. Coffee is on. ::)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #221 on: Oct 22, 2014, 04:03 AM »
Good Morning Fella's,
45 and scattered showers here as well, off and on rain all day again....my big tarp has been working well keeping everything dry.....kinda reminds me of a 50' long Clam shack.... ;D
Way to go helping your buddy out RG.... :thumbsup:
Coffee's brewing.....the wife bought Freihoffers doughnuts.....help yourself.....just don't take the cinnamon's!
Have a great day guys!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #222 on: Oct 22, 2014, 04:56 AM »
Good Morning to all the regulars on this thread. Also agree with Ice Wanderer  to all the lurkers among the guests on this site become a member,there are parts of this website you can not access being a lurker. You will find joining us to be one of the best decisions you made regarding ice fishing.
Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #223 on: Oct 23, 2014, 03:31 AM »
Good Thursday morning Mason Eddie if you weather forcast is like the one for my area ,you will be working under the tarp again rain for most of the day. I see we are out numbered 10 to 1 (70guests-7 users) .
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #224 on: Oct 23, 2014, 04:33 AM »
Good Morning Mr.Clean, Everyone,
Finished laying up the block just before dark last night Mr.Clean...this morn it gets a quick plaster coat below grade, clean up, homeowner's going to tar coat it Saturday... :thumbsup:

Guests on the site....join up guys! You know it's a great site....your opinions could make it better....it's free!

Coffee's brewing.....all you can eat doughnuts for the first 70 guests to sign up....
for the regulars here, Entenmanns Cheese Danish on the counter......help yourself! One of the perks for being a member.... ;D
Have a great day fella's!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #225 on: Oct 23, 2014, 05:27 AM »
Thanks Eddie!! I'm going to have to read this AFTER I have breakfast because I think I've gained a little weight from reading it before!  ::) Come on guests, Eddie's right, we need you to join and participate in this great site!!  :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #226 on: Oct 23, 2014, 05:31 AM »

Good morning Eddie, OS and the rest of the members that are here. 88 guest 21 users. I don't get it.
         The wind blew all night, now it raining, I guess it's going to be an inside day for me, except I have to go to the "VA" to get a flu shot.
    I need coffee.

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #227 on: Oct 23, 2014, 06:49 AM »
Water temp in the Tupper Lake vicinity was 55 Tuesday.  We've got a long way to go.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #228 on: Oct 24, 2014, 02:54 AM »
Good Morning Mr.Clean, Mornin Boys,
Happy Friday all.....41* and light drizzle here right now.....warmer weather coming again.
60 guests and 13 members on this morning.
Coffee's brewing....toast and strawberry jam on the menu....peanut butter's on the counter if you want to make an Old Fashioned....help yourself.   ;D
Have a great day fella's!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #229 on: Oct 24, 2014, 03:14 AM »
Mornin' Eddie and all you folks in the shadows.

51 and not so bad out there. Shaping up to be a nice fall weekend. Gonna be a bit breezy for the boat so I might investigate some streams of the spirit moves me. Otherwise I'm still working on the basement project.

Have a great day!
Rg

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #230 on: Oct 24, 2014, 06:10 AM »

Sorry that I'm late this morning, I slept in. Coffee is on, I could use some bacon and eggs to get me going. ::)

IW

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #231 on: Oct 24, 2014, 07:10 AM »
Hurry on over Jeff, plenty here and we're burnin' daylight!!!  ;D
(Actually, it's still dark...)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #232 on: Oct 24, 2014, 07:43 AM »
mornin'. daily routine before leaving for work.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #233 on: Oct 24, 2014, 07:47 AM »
I'm here! Drinking coffee and perusing the site......Morning all!! :)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #234 on: Oct 24, 2014, 09:29 AM »
How do we find out how many users are online?
And so it begins........

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #235 on: Oct 24, 2014, 09:44 AM »
Home page, scroll down!!  ;)

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #236 on: Oct 24, 2014, 09:53 AM »
Thanks
And so it begins........

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #237 on: Oct 25, 2014, 04:07 AM »
Morning' Mr. Clean and all you other boys and girls.

My Bride tells me it's Saturday so I have to go to the breakfast meeting and pick up the eggs. Our Saturday waitress has some kind of exotic chickens and she supplies us with fresh eggs every week. They are the biggest brown eggs I've ever seen. She's got a couple of birds that lay bluefish green eggs too, not the egg, just the shell (thought I'd clarify ;D).

Then it's back to my basement project. I'm gonna have one heck of a hobby room when I'm done and my Grandson's gonna have his own bedroom when he comes to visit.

It's a win win ;D

Have a great day!

Rg

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #238 on: Oct 25, 2014, 05:23 AM »
Same to you Rg ,enjoy your breakfast and the eggs.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #239 on: Oct 25, 2014, 05:47 AM »
Good Mornin Fella's,
It's not raining today! 40* and light winds here right now.....supposed to be in the mid 60's today.
The project sounds like its coming along nicely RG! I'm sure your grandson will enjoy his new room as much as you building it....good deal!  :thumbsup:
Coffee's brewing.....eggs and bacon on my mind again for some reason....have a great day guys!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.