Author Topic: seeforellen trout  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
seeforellen trout
« on: Dec 16, 2014, 01:08 PM »
I don't know if anybody else follows fish and game on Facebook. They've been doing their stocking of the big fat German trout. They just did black pond. Looks like it's iced over but not enough to stand on yet. Such a tease

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=355152261188535
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: seeforellen trout
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2014, 01:50 PM »
Gonna need a bigger auger! :o   :tipup:

Offline frenchy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • addicted to bass fishing
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2014, 07:02 PM »
highland lake is frozen shore to shore, went today for seefs.
Bass fishing is #1

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2014, 07:15 PM »
highland lake is frozen shore to shore, went today for seefs.
Best news I've had all day. Hopefully by Christmas.
Has the water level come up much? went buy a couple weeks ago. It looked to be down 6 feet or so.

Offline frenchy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • addicted to bass fishing
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2014, 12:29 AM »
Best news I've had all day. Hopefully by Christmas.
Has the water level come up much? went buy a couple weeks ago. It looked to be down 6 feet or so.

Water level is up a bit, maybe a foot or 2, i go to school at NWCC down the road so i fish highland a bunch before class.... It wasn't frozen AT ALL yesterday, overnight did some damage, literally shore to shore and every side as far as the eye could see there was ice... there were seagulls and other birds on the ice in the middle of the lake.
Bass fishing is #1

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2014, 09:13 AM »
With luck we'll be on for new years day.
Tough way to start the day. Good luck on the big ones. I heard a couple that they stocked around the state are new state records.

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2014, 10:50 AM »
I'm really on the fence about whether they should be considered state records our not. Granted you caught it on rod and reel, but it's a whole different strain and was already released that big in the first place. Granted I would love to catch one of those behemoths but just not sure how I feel about calling it a record
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2014, 02:55 PM »
Your still going to need some skill to actually land one of those monsters.

Offline halfhooked

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • anything more would be shopping
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2014, 04:54 PM »
if you catch it I say no record if I catch it its  a record   LOL ;D

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Your still going to need some skill to actually land one of those monsters.

Yea, guys are fishing the same day after they are stocked and catching them right near shore. The fish can't even adjust to the lake before 50 guys throw spoons at it trying to hook or snag it.. 

Offline JohnnyJigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2014, 09:03 AM »
I think I am going to take a ride by black pond today to see if I can find a parking spot  :o

Opening day in December!
Bite on my line
The man known as JohnS

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2014, 02:53 PM »
I still can't get past, how to get one of those pigs through an 8" hole. :flex: :thumbsup:

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2014, 10:35 PM »
I do. And I went to black pond today-walked all the way to the rocks to find enough open water to cast in- look at the post that says" not ice but still couldn't help it" if you want to see what a sixteen pound seeforellen looks like!

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2014, 10:40 PM »
and you can't see them; but they're out there-I feel they'll do better in our trophy trout lakes-who knows if one of these guys makes it a few more years; we could see a thirty-pounder come out.

Offline NorthEastFisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2014, 08:39 AM »
Hope everyone who is fishing for them won't keep any of they catch one, especially since they've only been in there for a week or so. I wished they put them in candle wood where the trout seem to survive really well in.
Team CT 203
YouTube Channel: NorthEastFisherman

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2014, 10:14 AM »
I understand trying to give anglers across the state the opportunity to catch them; but I agree they should concentrate on putting them in trophy trout lakes; I looked up black pond on the website before I went+ it said trout don't hold over there.-I kept mine; but also say an 8lb. fish some guys were showing off in the cooler in their car from the day before-it was in water;not ice. Not sure if that fish'll be properly eaten as it deserves. Mine will.

Offline NorthEastFisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2014, 12:47 PM »
I understand trying to give anglers across the state the opportunity to catch them; but I agree they should concentrate on putting them in trophy trout lakes; I looked up black pond on the website before I went+ it said trout don't hold over there.-I kept mine; but also say an 8lb. fish some guys were showing off in the cooler in their car from the day before-it was in water;not ice. Not sure if that fish'll be properly eaten as it deserves. Mine will.
I was reading up on the ones the DEP stocked and they said that their estimate is they won't last more than 2-3 years after being released and won't get too much bigger than what they are. So I'm assuming that's the reason they put these in those lakes so people have a better chance of catching them. Kinda sucks to hear people were fishing the day of stocking them and right after but then again it's good so they won't get bigger and be the new record since that's a little cheap. But oh well, I'm  getting ready to go to college in maine (hopefully), I'm getting a little tired of what our state has to offer  :-\
Team CT 203
YouTube Channel: NorthEastFisherman

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2014, 07:17 PM »
Hmmmm, I am very encouraged at how the state is managing the fisheries.  The Walleye program is a huge success. The Northerns as well.  The broodstock Salmon and Browns are welcomed challenges in the fall. My parents brought me to CT in 1962 and I grew up fishing here, the overall quality of fish being caught in my opinion has never been so good.

Hawk

Offline bojango

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2014, 08:49 PM »
They shouldn't haave said where they stocked them until a couple weeks afterwards

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.