Author Topic: Tyler Ice  (Read 680 times)

Offline striperhunterct

• IceShanty Rookie
Tyler Ice
« on: Feb 13, 2012, 09:24 AM »
Did anyone happen to fish Tyler this weekend?  If so, how was the ice.  I am wondering if it improved at all from last week from 3 - 3.5 inches.  It wasn't cool when the ice cracks with every freaking step.
Tight Lines!! 

Offline AustinB

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Tyler Ice
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2012, 09:34 AM »
from what i have read, mostly 4-6" sometimes down to 3". As of this weekend i believe only near the launch to the left is safe.
Tight Lines

Offline pk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2012, 09:45 AM »
Fair amount of open water even with this cold snap. Ice is now divided by open water by the flow out of the swamp. Guys were fishing it Sunday to the left of the launch and along the west shore. Don't know how thick the ice was in those spots.

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2012, 11:26 AM »
Pm'd you striperhunter.

Offline NorthEastFisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2012, 12:17 PM »
Fished it saturday. Ice was 4-7 inches. 4 near the right side where it's open water and 7 to the left near the ramp. Only the left side is fishable from the north west down to the northeast but seeing rain and some snow may make it less depending on the temps.
Team CT 203
YouTube Channel: NorthEastFisherman

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2012, 06:44 PM »
Fished it today with a few other guys on the ice.   Ice was 4"- 5" in the holes I drilled straight out from ramp 100 yards out.  Most guys stuck to that distance with open water toward center. The ice was cracking and moaning all morning. We caught a few bass and small perch, not much action.

Be careful, I was told the ice thickness gets thin if you venture to far out from launch area.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.