Author Topic: Huron Bay  (Read 993 times)

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
Huron Bay
« on: Jan 24, 2018, 03:14 PM »
Anyone know how the ice is holding up in Huron Bay?
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline finnbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Huron Bay
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2018, 04:54 PM »
I've never ice fished in Huron Bay - I have done some summer fishing there off of Witz Marina a few years ago. I plan on trying Huron this Sunday - does anybody have suggestions as to where I can access the lake from? I heard something about an A-frame????

Regarding ice conditions, I hope all will stiffen up as we return to colder weather Saturday night into Sunday. It takes a long time for good ice to get bad, I'm not too worried about that.
Thanks
Too many lakes
Too little time

Offline Flag UP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2018, 05:08 PM »
The A frame is at the end of Bayview Road. You take a left just before the Huron  Bay Trading Post and follow the road as far as it is plowed. There is a small parking area there. You will see a yellow gate with a "No Motorized Vehicles" sign. Just follow the road down the hill to the bay.
The other access point is at the public boat launch a little further north. You keep going on the Skanee road until you see the sign for Skanee and the sign for Witz's marina. Take a left there. As you come to the large building on the left there is a road that turns to the left, goes down the hill and follows the bay for maybe a 1/2 mile. The public launch will be on the right side near the end of plowed road.

Offline finnbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2018, 12:26 PM »
Thank you so much, great information.
Too many lakes
Too little time

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.