Author Topic: Genes pond or Hardwood Impoundment  (Read 1468 times)

Offline wrightap

• Team IceShanty Regular
Genes pond or Hardwood Impoundment
« on: Jan 07, 2018, 04:06 PM »
Any ice reports on either of these lakes?  A group of us are coming up the last weekend of January from central Indiana and just wanting to get a idea of where the ice is.  Last year we brought 4 wheelers up with us and then got there and realized that dragging up 3 4 wheelers was a waste of fuel.  If possible we will leave the 4 wheelers at home this year.  Thanks for the help and info in advance.
Adam

Offline GripNrip

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Genes pond or Hardwood Impoundment
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2018, 10:10 AM »
I'm not sure about Genes as far as taking vehicles but People have been driving vehicles out on Hardwood. There were a few slushy spots last week from vehicles but the ice was 9-10" at that time and should easily be at 12" or more by now. 6 mile lake just down the road from Felch had 11" Saturday and trucks everywhere. To be safe I would drive to the far end by the bridge and check activity to be safe. I never drive vehicles on ice so I'm not saying 100% your golden haha just be safe and try to get a few more opinions

Offline wrightap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2018, 05:21 PM »
Great and thanks for the help.  Looking at the forecast it may pile on some ice between now and when we come towards the end of the month.  Little warm up may just melt some snow and then when the next cold blast hits it will really thicken up!  Thanks again I really do appreciate it!
Adam

Offline wrightap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:54 AM »
 Still getting vehicles out on Hardwood?  Heading up Friday to the great northland!  Looking forward to the scenery and great experience.  Thanks for any info in advance.
Adam

Offline MichiganMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:01 PM »
We got about 9" of wet snow the last 2 days. There's going to be some slush pockets but plenty of ice underneath. Bring a tow strap and a shovel just in case and you should be fine. Good luck and have fun. Leave some for seed.
It's more important to be nice, than it is nice to be important.

Offline wrightap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:50 PM »
Thanks MichiganMan.  Last year was the first time I had been that far North and I must say you folks have beautiful country up there!  Thanks again.
Adam

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.