New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Southeastern New York Gathering/ new york gathering.  (Read 58607 times)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Re: Southeastern New York Gathering/ new york gathering.
« Reply #630 on: Jan 12, 2010, 01:35 PM »
I'll see what else I can come up with....we still have a while ;)

Times up :)
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #631 on: Jan 12, 2010, 03:47 PM »
what you mean times up????

Working on a second T7 custom starting next week...a Light action spring bobber rod....

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
« Reply #632 on: Jan 12, 2010, 04:38 PM »
i'm shooting for greenwood lake again, if we have good ice.
I haven't been there in years, only 20minutes drive too! Forget the rules ..question for greenwood lake ice fishing, if i only have a new york state fishing license, can i park on the jersey side and fish jersey side or must i need a jersey license for entering onto the ice? also , is general rules 5 fishing devices total? meaning up to  4 tipups and one handline(jigging rod)?   thanks ahead
lonelywolf lol

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ridin' fishin' or huntin' i just wanna be outside
« Reply #633 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:28 PM »
NY rules as far as i know is 5 tipups AND 2 jigging rods...at least thats what i thought...correct me if im wrong i dont wanna get in trouble
Team MIRC NYRC chapter....ROCK BASS ON
The Official Medicine Man of MIRC
Tis better to have fished and lied than never fished at all

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #634 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:45 PM »
I haven't been there in years, only 20minutes drive too! Forget the rules ..question for greenwood lake ice fishing, if i only have a new york state fishing license, can i park on the jersey side and fish jersey side or must i need a jersey license for entering onto the ice? also , is general rules 5 fishing devices total? meaning up to  4 tipups and one handline(jigging rod)?   thanks ahead
you can fish greenwood lake reguardless of which license you have, or where you park,BUT, you have to follow the rules for the state you are licensed in.

5 tip-ups and 2 handlines with a new york license.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
« Reply #635 on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:06 PM »
you can fish greenwood lake reguardless of which license you have, or where you park,BUT, you have to follow the rules for the state you are licensed in.

5 tip-ups and 2 handlines with a new york license.
okay, so little if any rules have changed om greenwood..this is good! .. beeb having my mind set on harriman but that park is something else!  :-\ anyway tried swinging bridge and it is safe 10in easy ice.. very slow fishing as usual. I will enjoy more local  if the nights stay below.. hoping warm weather forecasts don't mess harriman open.
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #636 on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:14 PM »
any ideas as to a date yet?

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
« Reply #637 on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:30 PM »
need enough safe ice?,, i think still further north.. warmer weather coming! jmho
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
« Reply #638 on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:30 PM »
need enough safe ice?,, i think still further north.. warmer weather coming! jmho
lonelywolf lol

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
« Reply #639 on: Jan 12, 2010, 09:20 PM »
I would love to fish Greenwood Lake.  Never have and always like to try new lakes.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #640 on: Jan 12, 2010, 10:25 PM »
i will make a decision by next week.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline highflyr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #641 on: Jan 13, 2010, 10:14 AM »
the south fallsburg fire dept. contest ....is that held on the lake where they bottle the leisure time water & ice ??????  the old concord hotel is across from it or am i guessing wrong ???????
hey guys i live in sullivan county the sffd contest is usually held on echo lake which is private and a water source for fallsburg...it doesn't get fished to aweful much but it hasn't produced numbers or size like in years past...still not bad however.  Morningside gets hit hard and if your not on it by first ice it gets depressing especially seeing all the old holes...descent chance of a nice walleye though.  Haven't seen to many people out on Loch SHeldrake there too is a descent chance of a nice walleye and supposively the occasional trout...never caught one there myself...mostly pickerel, perch and crappie.  Kiamesha is also another hit or miss lake with bigger size fish....Fished em all Love em all figure out when and where and I'll be there....If there aren't too many guys i have a few private lakes up my sleeve!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #642 on: Jan 13, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Walleye sounds nice or Trouts....
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
« Reply #643 on: Jan 13, 2010, 04:27 PM »
As from my experience, greenwood lk. fish.. perch /trout especially taste like the weeds you smell when you you bring weeds up on a lure.etc.. that distinct smell is why i hadn't bothered with that lk in over a decade maybe two! lol .. i use to nail the piss out of everything through the ice there! .. I imagine it pretty much unchanged at best for taste... anyway, i'm for checking it out for the eye this season. I like to try swinging bridge this (balmy) weekend. Anybody interested let me know!
lonelywolf lol

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #644 on: Jan 13, 2010, 06:43 PM »
Count me in.....just let me know when and where   :icefish:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
« Reply #645 on: Jan 13, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Count me in.....just let me know when and where   :icefish:
I'm thinking of pooling with somebody interested on up the thruway for lk george if harriman stays closed.
lonelywolf lol

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #646 on: Jan 14, 2010, 01:25 AM »
As from my experience, greenwood lk. fish.. perch /trout especially taste like the weeds you smell when you you bring weeds up on a lure.etc.. that distinct smell is why i hadn't bothered with that lk in over a decade maybe two! lol .. i use to nail the **censored** out of everything through the ice there! .. I imagine it pretty much unchanged at best for taste... anyway, i'm for checking it out for the eye this season. I like to try swinging bridge this (balmy) weekend. Anybody interested let me know!
I'M INTERESTED,LET ME KNOW WHEN AND WHERE.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.