New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS 2015/2016  (Read 208256 times)

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS 2015/2016
« Reply #1650 on: Mar 04, 2016, 05:59 PM »
All trapper has done is caution everyone about the ice conditions.  I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  Everyone has their own level of comfort when it comes to ice thickness, quality and ice safety.  He's speaking from his own experience.  Regardless of what he says, people are still going to go out.  Nobody is making any decisions for anyone.  Some of us may not act like it, but we're all grown adults here aren't we?

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1651 on: Mar 05, 2016, 02:40 AM »
Seems to be a touch of spring in the air. Sounds just like last year around here....and the year before and the years before that.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #1652 on: Mar 05, 2016, 07:07 AM »
thanks to all  who gave me solid info on this board  .. because of it had a great season and made it to hopefully go another year     heading to MMF,,  thanks to admins for their time.    goodluck be safe
youngster

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1653 on: Mar 05, 2016, 12:54 PM »
Beautiful morning on that "rotten" ice.   ::)  :P

Offline LP Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1654 on: Mar 05, 2016, 01:16 PM »
Looks awesome

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1655 on: Mar 05, 2016, 02:23 PM »
I will be trying the beAch tomorrow am and going SOLO. If anyone else is going to fish it tomorrow and wouldn't mind someone walking out with them let me know. Just feel safer walking out with another guy or a few guys then solo. Message me or just let me know. Thanks guys

Offline Ima Fishin addict

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishin the American dream
« Reply #1656 on: Mar 05, 2016, 02:41 PM »
Trapper what happened? Every topic on ice shanty you have to give people a hard time (speaking in general-- not refering to the fact that you are "helping" out with ice reports). Did you have a bad childhood? Or did It happen when you started trapping...  And the berries got stuck in the trap 2000 times?  ;D

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1657 on: Mar 05, 2016, 04:52 PM »
first I never gave  anyone a  hard  time ...second  I merely  reported  what I personally witnessed ....after  the  sheriffs  department  had  to send  a  coptor to assist  someone off the ice ....  from my understanding  he is the  one  called asking  for  help ..... now  if talking to oneiida  and  sul   about what I witnessed and  talking about  fisher (the animal)  is considered  giving you  people a  hard  time I would suggest  you grow thicker  skin .... you  can find   a spot   ( by the beach) and  click a  picture   you can fish it even ...cats out of the bag on that  however  I  don't see anyone  fishing  from chapman to lewis point and  that's  what my report was  on  and  that was  what 4 days ago????

now I know  ya all upset  with   the  short ice  season ...and  although I am old and probably closer to going to heaven then most ...I really don't have  any pull asking  the  good lord  to change the  weather  or  ice  sorry

so  I guess  what  your  asking is   when  we see open water  to not report it  or  was it the fisher storys  that  are  getting to you????

anyhow  I never  said    you couldn't fish  ...never ....I never said all the  ice  was rotted   because I don't know I only fished  chapmans  and  only  drove  up 31 ......

now  personally  most of you guys  whining  aren't even  fishing anyways ... those that are  fishing where not on chapmans  when we  reported it

3 nights  of  below  20  ya might be  ok ..... good luck

oh ...I  told  people  not to talk dirty in front of little  kids and  woman  and  I reported open water ....boy  guess I really am a  jerk .....addict  here I have a  crappie or two for  you  ;D

Offline hinkydo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1658 on: Mar 05, 2016, 05:37 PM »
Way to go trapper2000.
I agree.

hinkydo

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1659 on: Mar 05, 2016, 05:40 PM »
Any ice left? Safe for machines? What's the hot lure? Anyone for a cold beer n popcorn, 😀

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1660 on: Mar 05, 2016, 05:43 PM »
Well said Trapper. fyi... I was thinking of driving a long distance (2 hours each way) and your post about the open water saved me a lot of time, money and disappointment. Exactly what you were trying to communicate. Thanks.

Offline oldbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • usmc 1972-1976
« Reply #1661 on: Mar 05, 2016, 05:55 PM »
Good for you trap. I too appreciate the Info. Im not sure what the problem is. I guess some people just have to b***h.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1662 on: Mar 05, 2016, 05:56 PM »
first I never gave  anyone a  hard  time ...second  I merely  reported  what I personally witnessed ....after  the  sheriffs  department  had  to send  a  coptor to assist  someone off the ice ....  from my understanding  he is the  one  called asking  for  help ..... now  if talking to oneiida  and  sul   about what I witnessed and  talking about  fisher (the animal)  is considered  giving you  people a  hard  time I would suggest  you grow thicker  skin .... you  can find   a spot   ( by the beach) and  click a  picture   you can fish it even ...cats out of the bag on that  however  I  don't see anyone  fishing  from chapman to lewis point and  that's  what my report was  on  and  that was  what 4 days ago????

now I know  ya all upset  with   the  short ice  season ...and  although I am old and probably closer to going to heaven then most ...I really don't have  any pull asking  the  good lord  to change the  weather  or  ice  sorry

so  I guess  what  your  asking is   when  we see open water  to not report it  or  was it the fisher storys  that  are  getting to you????

anyhow  I never  said    you couldn't fish  ...never ....I never said all the  ice  was rotted   because I don't know I only fished  chapmans  and  only  drove  up 31 ......

now  personally  most of you guys  whining  aren't even  fishing anyways ... those that are  fishing where not on chapmans  when we  reported it

3 nights  of  below  20  ya might be  ok ..... good luck

oh ...I  told  people  not to talk dirty in front of little  kids and  woman  and  I reported open water ....boy  guess I really am a  jerk .....addict  here I have a  crappie or two for  you  ;D

X2.
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline pove44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1663 on: Mar 05, 2016, 06:41 PM »
 Been fishing the big O for 42 plus years don't really do a lot of chiming in because never really looking for any special info, but like seeing post of pictures and experiences. But it seems to me that lately anything posted on this site is attacked by rookies and the (pros)  I really don't care what anyone says but if all your gonna talk about is what's said then why say ANYTHING! I used to enjoy all my visit's now it isn't even worth the time.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1664 on: Mar 05, 2016, 06:46 PM »
Say "Good night Gracie"
Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.