New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Runnings Canandaigua  (Read 2149 times)

Offline meatman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Runnings Canandaigua
« on: Nov 09, 2014, 01:31 PM »
they are setting their ice fishing section as of this morning 11/9/14.

Offline KeukaZ71

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Runnings Canandaigua
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2014, 01:32 PM »
yet to stop in the store. have driven by it plenty of times. thanks for the update

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2014, 07:56 PM »
Been to the one in Rome.  Love it

Offline jonny boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2014, 10:14 AM »
i was there on 11-9-14 and they were starting to put out the ice gear. quite a display.tight lines all,jonney boy

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2014, 02:28 PM »
Stopped at the store in Gloversvile today, a Tractor Supply on steroids. Ice fishing section not set up yet, but lots of merchandise in boxes on pallets.

Offline Booker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2014, 05:01 PM »
I was at the Gloversville store today. Spoke to a sales rep and he claimed that they will have "tons" of ice fishing gear...Also, live bait. But they don't open early enough for me. Be sides, I'll stick with Jim's and Lou's for my bait.

Offline frigidaire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2014, 03:50 PM »
Stopped at the Canandaigua store today.  Looks Good!  Otter flipovers were set up right next to the snow blowers, in the front of the store.  All of the Vexilar flashers and all of the Hunninbirds.  Ion, Eskimo and Strikemaster power augers, even a Strikemaster propane powered model.  No Jiffy's.  Just about everything anybody would need, except outerware.  Ion 8' was $529.  Lot of merchandise not priced yet, but prices on Vex units appeared typical to me.  :)

Offline KeukaZ71

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2014, 06:07 PM »
Stopped at the Canandaigua store today.  Looks Good!  Otter flipovers were set up right next to the snow blowers, in the front of the store.  All of the Vexilar flashers and all of the Hunninbirds.  Ion, Eskimo and Strikemaster power augers, even a Strikemaster propane powered model.  No Jiffy's.  Just about everything anybody would need, except outerware.  Ion 8' was $529.  Lot of merchandise not priced yet, but prices on Vex units appeared typical to me.  :)

Went yesterday. I could spend all day in that store. Holy cow

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #8 on: Nov 15, 2014, 10:26 AM »
Stopped at the Canandaigua store today.  Looks Good!  Otter flipovers were set up right next to the snow blowers, in the front of the store.  Akill of the Vexilar flashers and all of the Hunninbirds.  Ion, Eskimo and Strikemaster power augers, even a Strikemaster propane powered model.  No Jiffy's.  Just about everything anybody would need, except outerware.  Ion 8' was $529.  Lot of merchandise not priced yet, but prices on Vex units appeared typical to me.  :)

Strikemaster propane????
Just enjoying life

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #9 on: Nov 15, 2014, 07:47 PM »
Will the one in Canandaigua carry bait?
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline frigidaire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2014, 09:18 AM »
Canandaigua store has live bait tanks installed, but not yet stocked with bait.

Offline LargeMouthBaggins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2014, 07:15 PM »
I picked up some nice winter boots here, only ran me 50 bucks :)

Offline Booker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2014, 11:36 AM »
Gloversville store has a great selection for ice fishing. Lots of portable shanties......set-up. Augers-- lp, gas and elec. Lots of rods and tip ups. Lots of gear.

OneidaAngler

« Reply #13 on: Nov 30, 2014, 02:24 PM »
Running's in Rome has a great ice fishing selection. I got $117 worth of store credit for their license inconvinience rebate which was awesome. I put that all towards ice fishing stuff. I've been back twice since then to buy more.  @) I can't resist the temptation... I thought their prices were pretty good on fishing stuff. The other stuff was quite pricey but, I'm sure competition will push them to lower their prices.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 30, 2014, 07:37 PM »
One thing I noticed is that they carry some higher end stuff.

I have not seen Sitka hunting gear sold anywhere around here and they have it. They have a good selection of Otter as well.

When I was there they didn't have any jigging rapalas which seemed odd. Maybe they were still setting up their ice fishing stuff. They only had 3 colors of thunder sticks too.

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2014, 06:58 AM »
The jigging rapalas in the Gloversville store are in the fishing section, not in the ice fishing section which is in a different area.  Not sure why they separate the ice fishing stuff from the other fishing section but they have.  More space to set up the portable shanties maybe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.