New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2014/2015  (Read 538205 times)

Offline nickeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2014/2015
« Reply #60 on: Nov 20, 2014, 08:21 PM »
I went out for walleye tonight in a boat on my way back in, the water near shore started to freeze!!!! :o ;D

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #61 on: Nov 21, 2014, 04:54 AM »
Radar looks like you guys are getting a shot of snow this AM.   :woot:

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:14 AM »
I think I recognize that spot!!! @) ;D

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:56 AM »
Yes sir. The bad news is (for me) this dock isn't coming out anytime soon.

The good news is the water's cold. Even with this wind, look at that slush building up.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:59 AM »
You might be able to get your dock out Monday. Supposed to be 60 degrees with some rain! If you need a hand shoot me a pm man
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Nov 21, 2014, 07:41 AM »
You might be able to get your dock out Monday. Supposed to be 60 degrees with some rain! If you need a hand shoot me a pm man

Thanks, DeadEyez. That's a heck of a nice offer. I'm out of town next week but hopefully I'll get a small window to get it out when I get back. Don't want too much of a window though. I've already got the spud by the back door and am ready to test some ice!

Offline perryzf81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Nov 21, 2014, 09:07 PM »
Hi everyone! Great to be reading the posts on here again this year. Hopefully after another month of perchin' there will be ice!!!

Do got a question if anyone would be willing to give their knowledge away. I have seen a few guys on here that that use a fish finder/chart plotter on the ice. I am planning on attempting to use the lowrance off of my boat just so I can have the GPS chart plotter on the ice. My question: what type/size battery do you diehards recommend? Will a battery similar to the Vexlar battery work or do I need a bigger one? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
FISH  ON !!!

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Nov 21, 2014, 09:54 PM »
Hi everyone! Great to be reading the posts on here again this year. Hopefully after another month of perchin' there will be ice!!!

Do got a question if anyone would be willing to give their knowledge away. I have seen a few guys on here that that use a fish finder/chart plotter on the ice. I am planning on attempting to use the lowrance off of my boat just so I can have the GPS chart plotter on the ice. My question: what type/size battery do you diehards recommend? Will a battery similar to the Vexlar battery work or do I need a bigger one? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I use my Lowrance Elite 4 on the boat and the ice with the ice pack. Just a standard 12v 7a battery is all you need. I charge mine after every third day so it lasts a while.

Offline perryzf81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Nov 22, 2014, 02:31 AM »
Thanks for the info Chowdaire. I am going to give it a try this ice season. I have always gone out on the ice blind. For not being a local I do pretty well on Oneida. So, now that I will have a nice chart plotter/GPS map of the lake for ice fishing, I can make a pretty good assumption that I wont catch a dam thing :o :o :o :o :%$#!:  ...................... ..
FISH  ON !!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #69 on: Nov 22, 2014, 07:10 AM »

Perry that unit will help a bunch , study that map you will do just fine , eyes on Oneida aren't hard to find , getting them to bite well that can be another story

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #70 on: Nov 22, 2014, 07:12 AM »

Thanks!

I have a Lowrance Mark 4. I use it on the boat as a Fishfinder/GPS. And using a single cable, I use it as a GPS only on the snowmobile. It is hooked up to the snowmobile battery as recommended in the Owners Manual. Lowrance Installation Guides are also available on the internet. I bought the single cable from, The GPS Store. I had a few questions they were great!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #71 on: Nov 22, 2014, 07:18 AM »
Perry that unit will help a bunch , study that map you will do just fine , eyes on Oneida aren't hard to find , getting them to bite well that can be another story

Amen to that!  ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Nov 22, 2014, 11:05 AM »
I was enjoying the ice this morning. :tipup:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Nov 22, 2014, 12:03 PM »
I was enjoying the ice this morning. :tipup:

:thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #74 on: Nov 22, 2014, 12:13 PM »

Hey Kevin when your done modeling how about some fish pics buddy

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Nov 22, 2014, 12:27 PM »
My money is on he isn't modeling.  Just trying to disguise the fact he slipped.
That seat mounted on the sled appears quite comfortable, you should try it sometime.

Certainly deserve a congrats for making most on this board envious.  :thumbsup:

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Nov 22, 2014, 01:23 PM »
Slow morning but so nice to be on the ice. ;)
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #77 on: Nov 22, 2014, 01:45 PM »

That seat mounted on the sled appears quite comfortable, you should try it sometime.

Yes those seats are comfy but I have my own thanks
Nice striper Kevin

Offline perryzf81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Nov 22, 2014, 02:30 PM »
Thanks filet and bart. I have done a lot of studying of the GPS map during the spring and summer months while on the boat. I also constantly check out http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp on the computer all the time (thanks to someone sharing the website on here). It is amazing how many little depth changes and humps are there that you never really noticed before.

Catching fish through the ice and attempting to get back to that spot by using land marks is not an easy task (at least for me it is not ??? ??? ???) so I am looking forward to having the lowrance. Will also be interesting to check out spots from spring and summer months to see which ones the fish will return to in the winter months.

Thanks again for the information! Time to get the boat ready for some Seneca Lake perch tomorrow morning!!!!
FISH  ON !!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #79 on: Nov 22, 2014, 02:46 PM »
Never count out those spots
Pics of those perch are always welcome and good luck

Offline Greenhornet73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Nov 22, 2014, 06:20 PM »
Has anyone had any luck with PK spoons on Oneida?  I have used kastmasters, acme phoebe's, and pimples with success but not consistently enough to be my go- to spoon.  Just curious if any of you have put any time into these lures and if you had any luck, tipping or not tipping with bait?
I prefer a 2oz sinker for perch...when it hits 'em they won't feel a thing

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Nov 22, 2014, 10:14 PM »
My buddy on here JakeP and his brother both really like them and do well on them. Maybe he can chime in here and give you some valuable info. I have not tried them through the ice but I did use a smaller spoon open water perch fishing last fall and had some success on them...
It'll eat.

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Nov 22, 2014, 10:32 PM »
Fish with PKs all the time on Oneida and do very well with them. If I was to choose one go to PK spoon for Oneida it would be the red dot glow flutter fish .as with many lures figure  ;out the cadence that the eyes want for the day and I promise you can expect results . Good luck and drop me a pm if you want to see / check some out in action or have any questions .  ;D

Offline Eastsider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Nov 23, 2014, 07:34 AM »
Happy Sunday morning, just south of Edgewater the ice has formed out to the first sandbar (100-150') shouldn't be long now, I'm sticking with my guess of Dec 17th for first fishable ice on Oneida.
*REMOVED

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Nov 23, 2014, 10:26 AM »
Picked up a wheeler today kawasaki praire 300 4x4 for the upcoming ice pretty happy !!

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Nov 23, 2014, 10:26 AM »

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Nov 23, 2014, 10:29 AM »
Nice Jake.  East Sider,  I'm ready.  Dec 17th would be really cool. 

Offline perryzf81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Nov 23, 2014, 11:03 AM »
There is your stinkin perch picture filet..... :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:.....they got the best of me today. Caught these right off the bat and the two big ones were the first two I caught, I thought it was game on after that but it did not happen ??? ???.  Oh well, at least I got enough for lunch. Day like today is frustrating but it makes me want to go again and again and again..... :cookoo:

FISH  ON !!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #88 on: Nov 23, 2014, 12:00 PM »

That's to bad you didn't score better , but you got enough for a meal , but they are nice ones

Offline perryzf81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Nov 23, 2014, 12:08 PM »
Yea, still a good day on the water. Bring on the wind, cold, and snow for the next 4 months. Middle of winter, my favorite time to be on the boat. ;D
FISH  ON !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.