New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Miserable people Conesus lake  (Read 1654 times)

Offline mcperch

• Team IceShanty Regular
Miserable people Conesus lake
« on: Jan 30, 2022, 11:39 AM »
My 11 year old son and I were fishing, talked to this 1 gentlemen and offered his auger a we were having problems with my drill auger ,nicest person ever ,next could guys come out he had a coffee I asked if he brought me one just joking NOPE should have brought your own ,next there setting 2 feet from me wouldn't talk  ,MUSTBE ANEW COVID SYSTEM SNOTTNESS 🤪
McPerch

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Miserable people Conesus lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2022, 11:48 AM »
 Anyone else on a lake I prob won’t even go unless I can put them in another zip code. Personal space is even more than the 2 feet stated. Why would anyone crowd you like that especially when with a little kid?  I Wouldn’t even want him walking past me that close. I don’t do anything social when outdoors for exactly because of the rudeness or inconsideration of others. Feel bad for your son

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2022, 02:46 PM »
That is truly too bad.  I started in Conesus over 50 yrs ago.  Maybe a few of you remember what ice fishing was like. No shelters then unless it was a permanent wooden house. Everyone was friendly and visited everyone else,  there was a genuine camaraderie out there. When fishing was slow, we visited and were offered a shot of whiskey or a hot cup of coffee, your preference. Thank goodness the  vast majority of guys are still willing to talk and share info. It’s called making friends.
  That’s why I enjoy ice fishing.
Sorry for the rant.

Offline ECobb91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2022, 02:46 PM »
Just me but I don't go ice fishing to talk to random people I don't know....... I'll be pleasant for a couple sentences but then I've got nothing for you.  If you need assistance I'll be happy to help if I can but if all you want is blah blah blah you've got the wrong guy.

Same with me. I don’t mind saying hi and whatever but I’m out there to get away from people and not have to think about the worlds problems. If someone is close enough to have a normal conversation then They probably set up too close. I’m friendly and I’ll help anyone no matter what, also give basic info but I don’t go out of my way to have conversations. I wont give very specific info out, that’s how spot poachers ruin places. I’m a very introverted and quiet person especially with people I don’t know. The last thing I want when we go fishing is Some stranger telling us their life story.

Last year I had one guy follow us around like a lost puppy talking to us for hours while we set up our stuff and we’re jigging. He only had 3 tip ups set and the other 2 just laying on the ice. Took him 3 hours from us getting there to set up all of his stuff. At one point he actually walked inside our shanty and sat down just to talk… one thing we noticed is if someone is walking right toward us with the intention to talk and are overly/suspiciously friendly, they’re either from Albany area or downstate.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2022, 03:32 PM »
i'm  very  introverted and  shy  as you  all can  tell   :roflmao: ..........  screw that  when  big guy  al and i  are  on the  ice   the laughing never stops  and  anyone  is  welcome   if they are  considerate  ........  it's  fishing and  were all  from the  same  mold   ,christ i rather  be  hanging on the  ice  laughing with ice fisherman then  hanging with a  bunch of  snow  flakes  drinking lattes and  discussing   whats  better  solar  or  wind  powered  cell phone  chargers......  lighten up  have  fun remember the person thats  annoying you  could  be  me  ;D......... 

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2022, 04:34 PM »
i'm  very  introverted and  shy  as you  all can  tell   :roflmao: ..........  screw that  when  big guy  al and i  are  on the  ice   the laughing never stops  and  anyone  is  welcome   if they are  considerate  ........  it's  fishing and  were all  from the  same  mold   ,christ i rather  be  hanging on the  ice  laughing with ice fisherman then  hanging with a  bunch of  snow  flakes  drinking lattes and  discussing   whats  better  solar  or  wind  powered  cell phone  chargers......  lighten up  have  fun remember the person thats  annoying you  could  be  me  ;D.........
I’d just hand you a Pabst. It is a blue ribbon winning beer. Lol
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2022, 04:42 PM »
my nick  name  among  friends  has  been  2  brew  ...i  could  never  drink alot  couple beers and i'm  done  lol  ....coffee  and tea  i can  drink

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2022, 05:21 PM »
i like the  taste  i  like different kinds of beer  but 2  beers and i'm  full .......i'm  just  not a  big  drinker but i like  a  beer  or  two

Offline sodussut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2022, 05:22 PM »
Pequod; right on, I was there as well! Miss those days. Jerks are everywhere.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2022, 06:25 AM »
Pequod, I was there with you in the early 70's. I think some of my fondest memories were of fishing Conesus Lake back then. Three of us, one day every weekend. A jigging rod, a skimmer, some bait and a bucket. On those COLD days a 3lb coffee can with some charcoal. My PB perch came from there...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline pipefitter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • retirement = 7 Saturday's a week
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2022, 06:38 AM »
I was there as well in the 70s the derby's and the boy scouts pancake breakfast at the fire house. That was a lot of fun back then I miss it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.