New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392894 times)

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #60 on: Dec 09, 2011, 08:29 AM »
Well HT and Fishead will be partnering up...I gotta find a partner. Bcons maybe? We knows all the good gas holes to fish ::)
It'll eat.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #61 on: Dec 09, 2011, 05:17 PM »
Well HT and Fishead will be partnering up...I gotta find a partner. Bcons maybe? We knows all the good gas holes to fish ::)
you mean like this picture of him crawling over to a gas hole to release a bass  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Dec 09, 2011, 05:25 PM »
you mean like this picture of him crawling over to a gas hole to release a bass  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
(Image removed from quote.)

If I was 5 foot nothing I coulda just walked up and dropped it in, but us normal size guys gotta be careful.   

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Dec 09, 2011, 05:35 PM »
Fishing and being partners with the "Wooden Pickle"?  I saw those pics last yr of what he does with perch while I'm busy catching real fish.  ::) ::)  Then the next question Chief would I have to wear pickle attire or 3" heels? 

JK, junior.  You do ok, especially after dealing with FH in person.   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) WHATEVER I'M ______________________ ___ :P :P

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 09, 2011, 05:38 PM »
Fishing and being partners with the "Wooden Pickle"?  I saw those pics last yr of what he does with perch while I'm busy catching real fish.  ::) ::)  Then the next question Chief would I have to wear pickle attire or 3" heels? 

JK, junior.  You do ok, especially after dealing with FH in person.   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) WHATEVER I'M ______________________ ___ :P :P
man i hope he changed his apparel ::) ::) ::) ;D

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Dec 10, 2011, 09:36 AM »
Boggey I'll keep your honey hole warm for you.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Dec 10, 2011, 01:33 PM »
man i hope he changed his apparel ::) ::) ::) ;D
.          .....nope I haven't. I want to get an ice armour suit. I am gunna sell one of my guitars so I can get one. I am gunna be a wooden pickle probably the first part of the season then hopefully I'll be wearing one of those 400 dollar floating suits the second part of the season.
It'll eat.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Dec 10, 2011, 04:04 PM »
.          .....nope I haven't. I want to get an ice armour suit. I am gunna sell one of my guitars so I can get one. I am gunna be a wooden pickle probably the first part of the season then hopefully I'll be wearing one of those 400 dollar floating suits the second part of the season.
arctic armor are the suits that float. just make sure that you get the right kind Bro. ice armor is good but is not the kind that floats ;)

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Dec 10, 2011, 08:48 PM »
Yeah man for sure... Know anybody that wants a nice vintage guitar and a nice amp? Haha
It'll eat.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Dec 11, 2011, 01:30 AM »
Man, All this talk about the tourney is getting me excited. Cant wait to get out there. Havent ever had the itch this bad...This past year was my most memorable one. Meeting some guys from this site and fishin with them made the season. Now, as far as the tournament goes...I plan on taking first JBoggey ;D Hopefully ice conditions are good for walking
It'll eat.

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Dec 11, 2011, 02:45 AM »
I hope this little cold snap gets a cap over sandy soon.  I'm hoping to be out there in another week.  I'm in Syracuse. anybody know if there's any ice forming along the shore at all?

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #71 on: Dec 11, 2011, 06:19 AM »
No ice yet it will be a least 2 or 3 weeks. The temps will be to high this week but the night temps look promising. It was good to see those that showed up at the ice show.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #72 on: Dec 11, 2011, 07:25 AM »
Got to see a couple of you guys at Gander yesterday, but missed everyone who left early. Fish Mechanic told me I missed Goon and DD by a couple of minutes. I tried getting some more sponsors for the 2 man tourny, now that's a trick, trying to get something from someone who is trying to sell you something. The only one who coughed up anything was Tony who promised a couple of his Plastics starter kits, thanks Tony . I did buy one of those Nimrod attachments for my new 20 volt hand drill. I fished with Turk and Drowndin dots last year and they were drilling holes all over the place with theirs. Turk said he could get (30) 4" holes from one battery pack. That sure was a lot lighter than carrying around my 80 pound electric. The only thing I give up is the 8" hole. I don't think It will drive as many holes with the 6" mora on it though. Oh, I forgot to mention the mechanic coughed up a couple of oil and lube jobs for the tourny, Thanks bud. Besides the money prizes the boys from PA  are going to have an impressive list of contributors and co-sponsors. Eddy and I are going to take first prize but second and third are still open to you other guys. Chris and Vince think they are going to come up from PA and win their own tournament, ha ha ha.
Too bad I missed ya , Shoulda called bud . And no it will not drill as many with the 6 inch screw but it will still do quite a few as long as the batterys are kept warm and the blades sharp  ;D

Offline townzee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Dec 11, 2011, 07:51 AM »
I must have missed you at gander Boggey. I was there around 11:00 or so. It's starting to look promising out there. Woke up this morning to skim ice on the pond behind the house. I can't wait to get out with everybody this season. Boggey, did you tell the higher ups that hard water fishing comes before any job?

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Dec 11, 2011, 10:38 AM »
I did buy one of those Nimrod attachments for my new 20 volt hand drill. I fished with Turk and Drowndin dots last year and they were drilling holes all over the place with theirs. Turk said he could get (30) 4" holes from one battery pack. That sure was a lot lighter than carrying around my 80 pound electric. The only thing I give up is the 8" hole. I don't think It will drive as many holes with the 6" mora on it though.

Did some quick math for you. The area of the hole cut is the key and area is determined by the square of the radius. So 4" hole (radius of two doubled is 4), 6" hole (radius of 3 doubled is 9), and 8" hole (radius of 4 doubled is 16). That then will get you roughly 14 holes of 6" diameter and only maybe 7 holes if you could even get them started with an 8" dia.  A number of guys I know are now splitting the difference and going with a 5" diameter blade as you can still get "most" fish that we catch through a 5" hole if you get their head started up right. Enjoy-cya....

Offline Mr. Jitterbugger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Dec 11, 2011, 02:12 PM »
living in MIch. now; just thought I'd check on the NY board to see how the ice is coming along, had some great times on Sandy pond last year what a blast!! good luck to everyone out there this season!!

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Dec 11, 2011, 08:02 PM »
Thanks for the feed back and the math Mike. I have an old 5" hand auger, sounds like a minimal trade off, Will def get new blades. I still haven't found anyone who can do a good job sharpening them, I must have 4 or 5 old sets of blades. I don't throw anything away.

Sounds like me, I still have a couple of spoon augers (one is so old it has a metric blade about 6.7" diameter). They were sharp when I put them away but I don't know where to get them sharpened now. I just buy replacement blades for my Mora hand blade auger but they say you can ship old blades back to maunfacturer for replacement-probably not any cheaper after shipping costs. The older I get, the harder to use the 6" one, but I'm old school and hope I'm good for another year....   I have seen some big fish come up through a 5" hole (usually caught by someone else!!). Oooh, just noticed, looks like this Post made me an "Addict" but I'd don't feel any different.. Cya....

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:36 AM »
Thanks for the feed back and the math Mike. I have an old 5" hand auger, sounds like a minimal trade off, Will def get new blades. I still haven't found anyone who can do a good job sharpening them, I must have 4 or 5 old sets of blades. I don't throw anything away.
Check with Fish307. One our site sponsors. Pretty sure they do blades.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Dec 12, 2011, 05:26 PM »
Thanks prchslyer, I will check. Mike, besides the IS title, I strongly suspect you were an addict from day one. Congrats.

Thanks. I usually hang out in the Rochester area in Western NY. Haven't been up to Sandy Creek (or Oneida) way in quite a long while but remember the crappies in late March from Greene's Point and out from the Wigwam. I always read the Posts but it seems like you are doing better on the perch these days. Here's hoping you have a good season without any of those 4' snow squalls from Oswego.....    Cya....

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #79 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:08 PM »
Looking forward to hitting the pond again this season. Last year I made my first trip and hammered te perch big and small. My fishing partner couldn't walk away from his tip up, it was comical.

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #80 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:31 PM »
Looking forward to hitting the pond again this season. Last year I made my first trip and hammered te perch big and small. My fishing partner couldn't walk away from his tip up, it was comical.
Hey Mike, capthook88 and I are going to make a trip out to chautaqua this year. Do you fish there much.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Catchemall, I don't think your blood has thickened enough yet from that trip to Florida. You may have to triple up on the thermals your first week out. :roflmao:

If his blood has thickened enough to deal with Fishface, it'll deal with the cold!  The youngin has to have heart just to not go postal with that guy around.  ::) ::)

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:36 PM »
Besides crowning me the king, plz post the other details of the pond tourney's asap.  :-* :-* :-*  Bogey PM sent.

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:36 PM »
Hey Mike, capthook88 and I are going to make a trip out to chautaqua this year. Do you fish there much.
There is no mike here only Justin Ha. I have only fished the pond a few times but I feel I have a decent grasp on the pond.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:49 PM »
There is no mike here only Justin Ha. I have only fished the pond a few times but I feel I have a decent grasp on the pond.

ohhhh boy, me thinks some pond regulars might disagree, or show you something else you might wanna grasp shorta the pond.     ::) ::) ::)   JK bro, one of my boys wants to go to Ranger School, so you're one of the ones I'll be hitting up for info in the near future.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #85 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:50 PM »
ohhhh boy, me thinks some pond regulars might disagree, or show you something else you might wanna grasp shorta the pond.     ::) ::) ::)   JK bro, one of my boys wants to go to Ranger School, so you're one of the ones I'll be hitting up for info in the near future.

He's not the only RS grad on here.  ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:54 PM »
That's why I said I think I have a decent grasp lol. As ADKRoy stated I'm not the only one lol we are everywhere haha. I am more than willing to give you or your son info on the RS.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #87 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:55 PM »
That's why I said I think I have a decent grasp lol. As ADKRoy stated I'm not the only one lol we are everywhere haha. I am more than willing to give you or your son info on the RS.

Same here!
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:55 PM »
Sorry ranger bound that quote was ment for onebucketmike. Yeah I think I might know a little bit about sandypond. I will have To see if I remember how to fish it again this year!! :whistle:

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:58 PM »
Same here!
Sorry forgot to add that ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.