Author Topic: will 2 people fit in a 1 man flip?  (Read 1919 times)

Offline mike1

• Team IceShanty Regular
will 2 people fit in a 1 man flip?
« on: Nov 08, 2021, 09:07 AM »
Is there room for a folding chair?  We wouldn't be jigging,  just getting out of the cold.  We used to get 3 people in a 2 person Otter  flip,  I think we couldv'e crammed in another if needed.  My concern on the 1-man, would be the slope of the door might force some one to bend forward,  is there room to put a chair sideways? Or would we be playing footsie? TIA!

Offline krispcritter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: will 2 people fit in a 1 man flip?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2021, 10:35 AM »
Think it would greatly depend on make and model. my buddies older Clam flip has just enough room for 1 guy and not much else.
To make a small fortune in business start with a Large one.,

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2021, 11:29 AM »
A Frabill recruit can fit 2 . Sat in my buddys last season ..and he is a big man ..he uses his with his 12 yoa kid quite often . Two mans in general are similar in weight ..and are great for more room for one person . I would also suggest an insulated version ..not much more weight . But worth the extra cost .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2021, 03:08 PM »
Just my 2 cents. If you're gonna use it just to sit why not a small hub? A 2-3 man will fit 2 comfortably with small chairs, heater and some gear, the weight isn't that much different  and most are easy enough to put up and down. And if you ever decided to fish out of it...well..."better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it". 🤷‍♂️
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2021, 03:18 PM »
Idk about 2 people in a 1 man flip.must be smaller guys because ive had a frabill commando,shappell fx100 and a clam scout xl thermal now and theres absolutely no way i could fit another person in any of them,nor would i want too.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2021, 03:23 PM »
Idk about 2 people in a 1 man flip.must be smaller guys because ive had a frabill commando,shappell fx100 and a clam scout xl thermal now and theres absolutely no way i could fit another person in any of them,nor would i want too.

X2

Offline mike1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2021, 03:29 PM »
Just my 2 cents. If you're gonna use it just to sit why not a small hub? A 2-3 man will fit 2 comfortably with small chairs, heater and some gear, the weight isn't that much different  and most are easy enough to put up and down. And if you ever decided to fish out of it...well..."better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it". 🤷‍♂️
might buy another hub, just looking at options, I've owned several hubs, looking for something that might be easier to put up in the wind, especially by myself

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2021, 03:44 PM »
might buy another hub, just looking at options, I've owned several hubs, looking for something that might be easier to put up in the wind, especially by myself

Ahhhh the wind. The #1 nemesis of us guys trying to put one up ourselves. It can be challenging for sure.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2021, 05:04 PM »
My Frabill DLX Recon would never fit 2.  Shut the  lid and a muskrat jumped out of the hole.  One of us had to go'

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2021, 05:25 PM »
I've fished two in a one man clam. Slid the seat back so my feet were in the sled

Offline mike1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2021, 06:00 PM »
I've fished two in a one man clam. Slid the seat back so my feet were in the sled
That's a good idea! We wouldn't be fishing, just keeping warm, in the past with small popups we've actually taken turns when it's cold.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.