The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hole size  (Read 1746 times)

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hole size
« on: Dec 14, 2015, 02:48 PM »
I have a Ridgeline wheelhouse that I got last year. I put a spear hole in it as soon as I got it, but with the way the floor framing is laid out the best place in my opinion was right in the middle near the front. This gave me a 2'x4' hole which I liked pretty good. The only problem was that it gave only 2' on either side and in the front just enough room for a small tripod chair to sit in. This set up really made me nervous about someone falling in. So I'm in the process of moving the spear hole to one side. This will make the new hole only about 19" wide and 4' long. This will give us 4' of room beside the hole and the same amount of room in front as before, but much better situated in every way. I'm just a little concerned that the hole might be a little undersized. What are the opinions out there on this score? I'm going to use a piano hinge and back the under side of the hole cover because there will be an ATV wheel or track right on top of it in transit. 

Offline webee

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Hole size
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2015, 03:49 PM »
Look at it this way. Nineteen inches is only 5 inches less than the 24 inch hole. Not that much difference.
Good luck to you.  ;D

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Hole size
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2015, 04:46 PM »
Look at it this way. Nineteen inches is only 5 inches less than the 24 inch hole. Not that much difference.
Good luck to you.  ;D
I know, that's probably true. I think what I gain in comfort as far as being able to sit without worrying about falling asleep and going swimming, will far outweigh 5" narrower viewing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.