Author Topic: Burbot recipe.  (Read 1331 times)

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
Burbot recipe.
« on: Jan 16, 2018, 07:43 AM »
Hi all,

I've been catching a bunch of Burbot recently and decided to keep some. I have eaten it before and consider it one of the best, it's just I did not know how to clean them properly, then I watched a Youtube video, it's actually very easy, slimy, smelly, but easy.

Wanted to experiment beyond the poor man's lobster and beer batter options, although those are good too.

Had the chance to get in the kitchen yesterday, and Jack was all over the idea of helping cooking and making a recipe video.

So here goes............

Lemon Crusted Burbot on veggie spaghetti with a Moroccan chilli sauce.

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Burbot recipe.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2018, 08:41 AM »
wow that looks delicious.  Jack has a future in the culinary arts but he is going to need a hair net, that kid has a killer head of hair!
@jzuliniak

Offline hardwaternewbie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2018, 09:05 AM »
I have never caught a burbot.  Where around Kingston would I be lucky enough to find these?

Offline farmerk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2018, 09:58 AM »
Very good clip, really looks amazing. Congrats!

I have cleaned many burbot and a set of fish skinning pliers really makes it easier (these are cheap, $10-15 or so and you can use it with catfish as well). I used to do it with regular wide nose pliers but found you break through the skin a lot (especially if you are doing it out on the lake and on a larger fish).
Also, after you do your skin cut around the back of the head - make a straight incision on the belly side (from the anus up towards the head and meet up with the round incision). I found this makes skinning much easier.
Some guys make complete length-wise skin cuts along the back and the stomach and then peel 2 pieces of skin from the tail towards the head and just leave the skin by the head etc.
Cheers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.