Author Topic: Transducer mount  (Read 4904 times)

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Transducer mount
« on: Dec 18, 2017, 05:43 AM »
Need some honest opinions on my homemade transducer mount for my Garmin Striker 4. I made it adjustable for ice depth. nothing is hard mounted yet. Built this because I didn't want to spend the 97 bucks on an ice ducer and I hated the float set up for the ducer that came with it.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Transducer mount
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2017, 06:16 AM »
looks like it will do the job

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2017, 06:20 AM »
Thanks OG
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2017, 06:31 AM »
what are you running for a finder

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2017, 06:42 AM »
battlestar galactica of a ducer mount.lol.jk but I think you can just put a loop the ducer cord and zip tie it level..there was pics on here.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2017, 06:50 AM »
Thanks

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2017, 07:40 AM »
Thanks hd, not sure how well that would work with mine because the cord comes out of the ducer between the brackets, that's why I just fed it through the tube

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2017, 08:19 AM »
Thanks hd, not sure how well that would work with mine because the cord comes out of the ducer between the brackets, that's why I just fed it through the tube

Its just got to hang level ...some use to add a bubble level to the top of there boat style transducers for reassurance ..old arrow shafts...PVC ...Stiff wire some R&D and you should be set ...during your R&D turn you zip ties around so the don't lock on you till you get it right. Remember this has to be easily removed from your hole to land fish if need be
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2017, 08:25 AM »
Adjustable is always a plus. Looks good.
<===Lefty===

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2017, 08:26 AM »
Thanks

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2017, 08:26 AM »
my lowrance elite 3x ducer is the same way and it worked.but your setup should work too..my 1st  setup was a old stick tip up but it didn't fit my style of fishing.it was to bulky to move around.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2017, 08:50 AM »
I hear ya, well I will give this a shot. didn't cost much to build so its not like I'm out a ton of money

Offline Cal64

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2017, 09:12 AM »
I run a garmin,and played one whole season with a home made mount for ice fishing.i was never satisfied, and was thinking of going back to a showdown. Decided to try ice ducer first,and it made a huge difference. If your system isn’t one of the best you have ever used, don’t hesitate to try ice ducer.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2017, 09:19 AM »
Thanks Cal

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2017, 01:46 PM »
are you certain you want to use your boat transducer for ice? what degree is the angles of it? ice transducers angles are 10/20ish for dual angle and 20ish for single angle.

if/when you go with the right transducer, you can leave the float off of it and let it hang under the ice plate.
you could pick up a marcum arm and use that instead of hanging electronics under the ice. they only need to be "just wet" or not have any air under them to work correctly.
this is what the instructions say for marcum products. and that's how i use mine.

it is always fun to experiment also. so have fun.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2017, 02:17 PM »
are you certain you want to use your boat transducer for ice? what degree is the angles of it? ice transducers angles are 10/20ish for dual angle and 20ish for single angle.

if/when you go with the right transducer, you can leave the float off of it and let it hang under the ice plate.
you could pick up a marcum arm and use that instead of hanging electronics under the ice. they only need to be "just wet" or not have any air under them to work correctly.
this is what the instructions say for marcum products. and that's how i use mine.

it is always fun to experiment also. so have fun.

It is a dual beam. It is meant to be used through the ice or a boat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2017, 02:47 PM »

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 2017, 03:14 PM »

Offline Dakpheasant

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2018, 10:51 PM »
I just bought a striker 4 today. Looking at the photo with the cord looped above the transducer I tried a similar set up on the garmin.  It needs  little fine tuning but I think it may work. I used the bolt and spacer that came with the unit. Put the bolt through the tabs with the spacer in between.  Run the cord in front of the bolt and the spacer in between the tabs/mounts.  I think maybe a bigger spacer with a notch for the cord and it should work pretty well.  Can't upload a photo right now but I will try this weekend. 

Added some photos - finally.

Offline Bryce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2018, 11:20 AM »
My Garmin Striker 4DV skimmer mount.  Cut the bottom of the PVC square so the ducer is level on the bottom, notched enough for the cable to run inside.  Has worked well for me.  Thinking of shortening the vertical some so it will sit in my bucket better for transport.  Can only run two rods at a time here in Utah, so I space out three holes with the ducer in the center one and can see both jigs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.