Author Topic: BIGGER IS BETTER !  (Read 422 times)

surflizard

BIGGER IS BETTER !
« on: Aug 11, 2010, 06:05 AM »
Years ago, an old buddy of mine showed me how he made his Porkrind style Sucker meat trailers for his Laker jigs. He took a 2" inch piece of the tail end of a Sucker fillet and made a slice down the middle of it about 1 1/2" long. the slice created 2 legs that flutter very seductively when it was jigged !  ;D Last year I tried
some small adjustments to the design, I cut the strip 4" long and tapered the front of the trailer to a point. With the longer legs and tapered point, the jig took on a whole new look and action, the description of the new action is what I'd call SEXY ! ;D We did notice some changes in the Lakers behavior towards the jigs too, while watching them on the camera. The half hearted pick ups and drops have almost stopped and were replaced by mostly viscous strikes !  :o We
also noticed an increase of more fish being attracted and a switch to 3/4 oz jigs have seemed to bring in a bigger size class of Lakers too ! ;D The dinks still show up, but they don't stick around very long, when the bigger boys come in to play !  This is one of the bigger test subjects that showed up after the jig trailer adjustment !  ;D I'm sold on the idea, that Bigger is Better !! :thumbsup: :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.