Author Topic: Configuration wishes and must have items for custom fish house build?  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Timmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hello all,

I ordered an Alumaice 20 foot tandem axle custom built fish house back in August.  My build has started.  It has a large amount of cabinets and storage.  Below is the list of the features I have already ordered, but from there it's pretty much a blank slate inside.  I am anxiously awaiting the call to go over the configuration walk through.  We will be talking accessories, power locations and types, hole locations, etc.  Is there anything in your house that you really like or wish you had?  Things you don't like that you wish were different?  I should mention that the unit will primarily be used for ice fishing, but also a 2nd bunkhouse for summer camping as our kids often bring friends (we already have a large camper).  I'm open to suggestions for items that will help with resale value as well, even if they may not be high on our feature list.

On my list to discuss are hole lights, ambiance lights, various 12v fishing electronic outlets, USB outlets for phone devices, window blinds, extended fold down countertop.

Dual facing jackknife couches rear
Happijac bed 60" rear over jackknife couches
Standalone collapsible dinette table
Jackknife couch front
Tilt single bed front over jackknife couch
Fridge - large 10cu
Stove/oven combo
Microwave
Electric fireplace
Dual wall mount TV's w/ hookups for fishing electronics
Radio
Air conditioning
Dry flush toilet
Pump sink
Armless awning
Diamond plate propane tank box with top storage 
Windguard TV antenna

Timmer
Most of the tools, some of the skills!

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Regardless of what additional options you get, great fish house. The basic list of options is more amenities than many people's homes. I might add a Direct TV satellite dish and a propane gen set with extra fuel. Sweet setup you have there. Party on.

Offline Timmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Regardless of what additional options you get, great fish house. The basic list of options is more amenities than many people's homes. I might add a Direct TV satellite dish and a propane gen set with extra fuel. Sweet setup you have there. Party on.

Thanks Eiderz.  We are trying to do it right.  We do have gas generator with an additional external tank kit so that is covered for now.  On the home front we ditched satellite and stream TV via Hulu.  In our camper/fish house TVs we can connect to Hulu off our cell phone if we have celluar internet coverage.  If we are too far out for cellular internet then we usually can get a few channels over the air or just watch DVD's.
Timmer

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks Eiderz.  We are trying to do it right.  We do have gas generator with an additional external tank kit so that is covered for now.  On the home front we ditched satellite and stream TV via Hulu.  In our camper/fish house TVs we can connect to Hulu off our cell phone if we have celluar internet coverage.  If we are too far out for cellular internet then we usually can get a few channels over the air or just watch DVD's.

You're doing it right. I typically sit in silence in the dark, wishing I had a rig like yours. But the beer does stay cold.  ;D

Offline Timmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bump!
Timmer

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Sounds like a really nice ice house, pics when you can.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline Herms

• Team IceShanty Regular
We have a 16ft Yetti that we use mainly for ice a bit camping also.  A few creature comforts that we have gotten plenty of use out of...

With your jack knife sofa up front make sure the holes are far enough away from the front of the sofa that you can fish comfortably.  Some companies put them to close and isnt near as nice to fish out of. 

I'd have to dig to find the exact brand but glow in the dark hole sleeves with clear covers to save dropping a phone down or a kiddo stepping into the hole.  Also nice to have the glow sleeve for when the rattle is going off in the middle of the night. 

Another is some sort of fan to help move air, either a 12v fan that plugs into the wall so can run off battery or a ceiling unit wired into the generator.
Electric/drill auger helps to be much lighter and never have to deal with the fumes.

Little corner storage spot on the top bunk/bed areas along with a USB charger for phones and such.  Place near the ceiling so you can keep the cords out of the way and should not hit when folding up for travel.

Depends on your system and how long you stay on the ice but wheel well covers can be nice also.  Another quick trick is to toss in 4-6 4x4 blocks to drop the house onto which stops/helps it from freezing into the ice.  Will make leaving much easier just lift it up then knock out the blocks for next time. 

If you are in a really cold area might want to look into tank heaters as the warmer they are the better pressure you will get from the tanks.

A magnet on a rope for that situation when something falls in.... Hopefully never need it but better option that trying to snag something with a treble hook.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MYC7R6S?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Magnetic lure boards that are secured to the wall and can remove and place in plano boxes for fishing out of the portable.
https://www.goicerigs.com/store/p1/Full%C2%A0_Mag%C2%A0_Tack%C2%A0_System.html

Catch cover quick disk system, these are nice and expandable can be used for cup holders also.  Give you different options for day fishing or setting up rattle reels.
https://catchcover.com/quick-disc-bundle/

On the topic of rattle reel these are awesome and can be set up with the catch cover disk system.  And now would be the time to run the 12v wiring needed for the light. 
https://northernlightsrattlereel.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.