Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: 15 Minutes of Fame  (Read 1124 times)

Offline iceman1267

• Team IceShanty Regular
15 Minutes of Fame
« on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Yestaurday I was fishing at Palo when John Campbell from K.C.R.G. showed up and asked to hang out and film me fishing. Got a little nerves fish wouldn't cooperate since I've had a pretty slow season so far but all ways goodfish were biting and we even got them on my marcum camera hitting my waxie. It aired tonight and the camera definetly adds atleast ten pounds;-)

Offline tyke

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 15 Minutes of Fame
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:45 PM »
Ten pounds to the fish or the fisherman ?. HEHE
jdj

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2013, 07:41 AM »
Thats pretty cool. I had my 15 minutes yrs ago. We had the ujoint go out on the truck we were using to haul wood as we pulled out of the homeowners driveway. the trailer jack knifed and we blocked 3 lanes of traffic for about 40 minutes. The next day at church everyone told my mom she was gonna have to have me dress nicer when I went to work because I might be on TV again. The news girl who was on the scene had gone to school with the guy I was working for and she asked him out. It was so surreal. My high school principal said it takes real skill to make the 5,6 and 10 oclock news. That was as famous as I ever wanted to get.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Eyeseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2013, 08:40 AM »
Wish i coulda seen that. Always enjoy john cambells outdoor footage. Never know when its on though. What were u catching out at palo? The ice still plenty thick?

Offline iceman1267

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2013, 02:53 PM »
Gills and one little eye yeah there was 8 to 10 inches of clear ice

Offline Munger1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Everyday I think...........is this the day
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2013, 04:09 PM »
Just to help perpetuate your fame here is a link to the story. Great job and tight lines!

http://www.kcrg.com/sports/greatoutdoors/JohnCampbellsGreatOutdoorsIceFishing186361911.html
Everyday I think...........is this the day that I can finally go hit the ice?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.