The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Lake Chemung, Livingston Co Ice Fishing  (Read 1551 times)

Offline bkmorgan50

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Chemung, Livingston Co Ice Fishing
« on: Feb 10, 2007, 08:14 AM »
Hi, All -
   I recently moved to Howell, and live on the south side, towards the west end of Lake Chemung.  I haven't ice fished for probably 35 years and would like to give it a try again.  Can anyone offer any tips as to where on the lake to start, maybe suggestions for bait/jigs?
   Thanks -
     Brian

Offline bullseye670

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Chemung, Livingston Co Ice Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2007, 10:18 AM »
  I've never fished itmyself, unless about 38 years ago counts. I was too small to remember. I'm gonna try it soon. I would suggest trying around the boat launch. I think (don't quote me) that if you go out twards wilson marine, that may be ok. There should be some people to look for and give you a good start.
  I think if you go to Dicks Sports center in howell, they might be able to give yopu some advice.
   Also get a map of the lake. I think you can get a rough one on the michigan dnr website. They have a lot of map lakes there.
  Good luck and let us know how you do.  bullseye670........... ...
bullseye670........... ......

Offline bkmorgan50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2007, 10:34 AM »
   I think if you go to Dicks Sports center in howell, they might be able to give yopu some advice.
    Good luck and let us know how you do.  bullseye670........... ...

Just thought I'd pass on that Dicks Sport Center in Howell is going out of business...  Not much else in the area to choose from - at least that I have found.
    Brian

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2007, 10:40 AM »
Just thought I'd pass on that Dicks Sport Center in Howell is going out of business...  Not much else in the area to choose from - at least that I have found.
    Brian
What? Going out of business? Man, I love that place. They got a decent selction of everything. (Except Waterfowl gear) I wonder if they had too much competition with Dunham's. I fished Lake Chemung about 2 years ago. Fished towards the west side near the campground. Didn't catch a single thing.
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline Icer for life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2007, 11:55 AM »
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but what do you know about Dick's Sporting Center going out of business?  I stop in there prior to every icefishing trip for bait and anything else that I feel I am running short on.  This place rocks, sure would miss it.  Can anyone verify?

Icer

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2007, 11:58 AM »
Two years ago the fly tying goods began to deplete. I started wondering then if this was going to be an issue. :( :tipup:

Offline bullseye670

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2007, 06:31 PM »
   I went by there (Dicks) this afternoon. They started the going out of bisiness sale today. Man that really sucks!!!! I can't believe it. There were more cars there than I've ever seen. Some items were 1/2 price, though not many. Going to slowely drop the prices.
   I asked what happened. They told me the owner decided to do somthing different ( other bisiness). It was either that or drop a lot of cash in Dicks.
bullseye670........... ......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.