The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: RE: what part of michigan are you from? NE, NW, W, E, SE, SW or UP East,West  (Read 10069 times)

Offline Crappieman61

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline jig-o-matic

• Team IceShanty Regular
Right on! I fish in coldwater alot and also have ice fished at Tri-Lakes. I live in Battle Creek.

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
Grew up in the woods and on the waters around West Branch.  Live in the Keweenaw, my third time.  Until a year an half ago, I had had ten years in Traverse City. 
Chris Raymond

Offline mich-fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bucket is half full
I'm from Sturgis. I also like to over Coldwater way to do some fishing once in awile.. This weather is just killing me, I had to get the Harley out yesterday. I guess if I can't fish I may as well ride..
IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s146/MattGski/teammichigan.gif[/img][IMG]

Offline HiRanger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jigin' My Stix in 2007! St. Helen Iceman
Higgins lake and St. Helen. St. Helen is Tammys (Pathfinder) home town.
Zymurgy's First Law of Evolving Systems Dynamics
Once you open a can of worms, the only way to recan them is to use a larger can.

We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. Never Be The First To Get Old!!!!!

Offline Mule Skinner

• IceShanty Rookie
I live near Brooklyn and fish Jackson Co, Washtenaw Co, and Northern Lenawee & Hillsdale Counties
I love the  smell of fresh Pike Slime in the morning.

Offline theProfessor

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm from Sturgis.

hey guy, i live on omena

wanna chase some perch if the weather gets here? i found some likely spots this summer while bass fishing.

cheers
jerry
"Gilligan, where did you get that stick?"

Offline Gibby

• IceShanty Rookie
On the West side.  Twin Lake, Muskegon county. Fish Muskegon lake, White Lake, Hess lake . And head up to UP for first ice of the year. So far am still waiting.

Gibby  :)

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
The South West portion of Eastern Northern Lower Michigan.

;D

I fish Peach, Clear, Rifle, Long, AuSable, Ogemaw, George (both), St. Helen and various small ponds.

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
Live in Genesee Co. (Linden) and have a place in Ogemaw Co. (Lupton) fish a few of the local lakes in both locales.

"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

Offline spoonfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just one more
Live in Genesee Co. (Linden) and have a place in Ogemaw Co. (Lupton) fish a few of the local lakes in both locales.
hey quack you ever fish any of the lake in rifle river rec area.(grousehaven,  grebe,  devoe, ect) if so do you ever catch much.  we stay in the cabins there every winter and never had fished them.  always snowmobiling.

only keep what you're gonna eat
                                                            MIRC

Offline Crankbait

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello from Livingston cnty. I fish lk shemung, Thompson lk, Whitmore lk, Creasent lk

Offline papermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "crappies on ice thats nice"
S.E.michigan and still looking for ice  :whistle:,looks like mid jan or later.

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
hey quack you ever fish any of the lake in rifle river rec area.(grousehaven,  grebe,  devoe, ect) if so do you ever catch much.  we stay in the cabins there every winter and never had fished them.  always snowmobiling.

Do a little huntin' over there, mainly woodducks. Have never fished 'em though. A few of 'em are supposed to have trout in 'em. Always wanted to give it a try, maybe now that I'm retired I'll have the time all I need is some ICE!!!!

"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

Offline DIESELWRENCH2003

• IceShanty Rookie
  • BEST TIME TO FISH-EVERY CHANCE YOU GET
Our home is Jordan lake area. I fish an assortment of puddle ponds, too numerous to mention from Grand ledge to Hastings. We have a Cabin east of Harrison, Town line lake chain, and I like everything in the 20 lakes area to Higgins, love to fish smelt at night.

Offline nelsonk44215

• IceShanty Rookie
I go to school in Angola, IN but I am from a little town called Durand which is in Shiawassee county right off 69 between Lansing and Flint. Good luck all this season

Nelson

Offline opjames

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Just need a little push...
I'm from Lackoficeville... ;D...actually I'm from the S.E. in Lincoln Park.

Offline old-man

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Greenville, Mi. 3 lakes in town
I'm from Montcalm. I fish a little in Kent & a little in Ionia, ice or no ice.

Offline ButchT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
I live in Honor (Benzie County) about twenty miles west of Traverse City.  I fish anywhere I can, any time I can.
Primarily Leelanau, Benzie, Manistee, Mason and Wexford counties.

Offline Burksee

• IceShanty Rookie
  • White Lake, Houghton Lake and Alpena!
Live in White Lake Twp in Oakland County. Fish a few of the lakes around here. White, Oxbow, Cranberry and outa Metro Beach when there's ice!  :D

When ever I can get away I can be found on Houghton Lake or up on Grand Lake in the Alpena/Presque Isle area.  ;D

Offline G.B.

• IceShanty Rookie
I live in Charlotte/Eaton county.I like to fish Coldwater,Duck,White,Manistee,Black Lake

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
I live in Charlotte/Eaton county.I like to fish Coldwater,Duck,White,Manistee,Black Lake
Welcome to our little piece of heaven G.B.
If we ever get ice it'll get real busy around here. This is a fun group!
FTD

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Live in White Lake Twp in Oakland County. Fish a few of the lakes around here. White, Oxbow, Cranberry and outa Metro Beach when there's ice!  :D

When ever I can get away I can be found on Houghton Lake or up on Grand Lake in the Alpena/Presque Isle area.  ;D
How do you like those HumpBacks? Gills with Shoulders! :tipup:

Offline BigC2245

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm from Kent County also, the west side living in Standale right now. I just moved here...you have any advice for this part of the state?

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
unfortunately I just moved to this county myself, however, I have fished Missaukee and wexford counties pretty extensively.....I am going to try a few locals next weekend, and then up norht the following weekend.

Offline downRIVER

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm in Allen Park in Wayne County.

Glad to see the ice is building, and glad to find this website.

Offline showtime

• IceShanty Rookie
I live in the far south western part of ionia county by lowell. I fish mostly in ionia and montcalm counties. Yesterday I fished big pine island lake on the north side of m-44 BY Grattan. 3"-4" of ice on the far north end. VERY light bite had to use the smallest of marmooska jigs with spikes. caught about 40 small gills. saw one 27" northern caught on a tip up.

BE CAREFULL

SHOWTIME

Offline Yeah Baby!

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm from GR, but travel to Rifle River rec area every year for an icefishing man weekend. We have always stayed on grebe lake and found that the fishing is OK. Mostly dinks and lots of hammerhandles. One year we caught a nice batch of specs, but not enough to justify the cost of the trip. We are going elsewhere this year.

Offline somerset_ice

• IceShanty Rookie
I just moved to Lake Somerset in NE Hillsdale county, It's a private lake, but guest are welcome, so if anyone would like to get out, just email me.
"If you don't like the weather, MOVE!!" 
Somerset_ice

Offline huck

• IceShanty Rookie
west michigan fish newaygo, muskegon,& mason co.  target nothern pike spearing  perfer lakes with no size limmits

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.