Author Topic: Suffix Ice Braid.  (Read 3104 times)

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
Suffix Ice Braid.
« on: Jan 14, 2011, 09:49 PM »
Anyone using this stuff or have any input on it. they didnt have the ofireline crystal i wanted to use so i picked up a spool of this think it was the same price as the fireline but has 75 yds instead of 50. Any input would be great Thanks.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Suffix Ice Braid.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2011, 11:25 PM »

Sufix Ice Braid .14 mm 6# knot break 7# 11 oz.
Sufix Ice Braid .20 mm 10# knot break 10# 0 oz.

The line has quite a bit of body and takes up a lot on the spool.  I packed all 75 yards on a Shimano 1000 reel with very little backing.  With normal mono of same diameter I could get nearly almost double that on the reel spool.  Anyway the line is kind of rough.  I still use it but I like other lines far more.

I would looking into the new Sufix 832 braid.  It actually has some sinking quality to it and is a lot smoother with 8 strands weave compared to the Sufix Ice Braid of 6 and 10 pound at only 4 strands weave.

Stren Microfuse is another great alternative to Fireline.

Powerpro Ice is also another good line to look into.

You can read about my ramblings here  ;D http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=119707.0
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2011, 10:59 AM »
well wanted the fire line but selection sucked and well didnt pay for the sufix stuff so i guess if i try it and it works then hey free line and if i try it and it sucks the fish gets away and lose some gear its going to That damn free line!  ill try it and see maybe i will have a chance to actually hook into something with it. now just trying to decide if i want to use a backer or some seat tape on the reel in stead seen as i will most likely tie flouro leaders when using this braid soo. Thanks for that link was deffinatly some interesting information.

Offline blacktrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2011, 09:17 PM »
I used some today (6lb).  Worked good.  Kind of stiff, but didnt cause any problems.  The 832 does sound like it will be good line.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2011, 09:25 PM »
yep, this will be my second full season using it, I love it, it is very stronge and stays limp even in the cold weather, may more impressive then fireline crystal

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2011, 10:59 PM »
Junky are you talking about te sufix ice stuff or the 832?   

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2011, 09:37 AM »
this is what I use..

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2011, 04:29 PM »
I use it for main line and use sufix Three pound ice line in clear and mostly orange.I also use the braid in yellow or orangefor line watching.

Live to fish forced to work

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.