The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: lakes you can snowmobile to and ice fish (Laramie area)  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Wamsetter

• IceShanty Rookie
New guy here...I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a lake my son and I could snowmobile to that may have decent ice fishing and the snow/ice wouldn't be ridiculously thick.

We aren't avid snowmobilers or ice fisherman, but we do have snowmobiles and basic ice fishing equipment and we like doing both so I'm trying to find a place where we could do both in a day.

I know there are a lot of higher lakes in the snowies, but my fear is most will have extremely deep snow and/or ice. Maybe lake Owen?

Any suggestions much appreciated, trying to get my son out and enjoying the outdoors as much as possible.

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
Re: lakes you can snowmobile to and ice fish (Laramie area)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2020, 08:16 PM »
Quality and size is Robroy, Fun catching a lot is Owen. There are splake up on top but ice is thick, but get a extension and your good.  If you want to get a extension I'll recommend a few on top that I fished. You never now a new state record might be at your finger tips. Splake maybe a brookie.
No one left behind.     

Offline Wamsetter

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: lakes you can snowmobile to and ice fish (Laramie area)
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2020, 09:35 AM »
Quality and size is Robroy, Fun catching a lot is Owen. There are splake up on top but ice is thick, but get a extension and your good.  If you want to get a extension I'll recommend a few on top that I fished. You never now a new state record might be at your finger tips. Splake maybe a brookie.

Thank you! I think to start just catching anything would be great so Owen sounds like a good starting place. I will also be getting an extension. How long would you recommend? I'll take any and all recommendations on places to try. I've fished a number of the streams in the lower parts of the snowies in the summer, but know very little about the lakes.
Via email is great too, not trying to exploit anyone's spots.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.