The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Where to buy bulk minnows/shiners  (Read 12159 times)

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Where to buy bulk minnows/shiners
« on: Oct 20, 2008, 09:16 AM »
I'm in the process of putting together a bait tank to store fatheads and some shiners this winter. Anyone know of a place in the eastern part of PA that I can buy fatheads in bulk by the pound from? I live at the lanc/Berks county line, but will drive to pick up.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Where to buy bulk minnows/shiners
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2008, 09:27 AM »
go to baitnet and check if there are any places close to you and give them a call. Here's a link to baitnet for Pennsylvania-->  http://www.baitnet.com/search.php?action=statelist&state=PA&orderby=name&submit=List+all+shops+in+Pennsylvania
Ken                                          

Online primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2008, 10:23 PM »
one thing i've found is that if you ask any local baitshop and ask to buy in bulk, they will order shiners or fatheads at cost or slightly above cost for you. the only hitch is that usually will make you pick them up within hours of the order coming in so their tank levels don't get thrown way off
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2008, 05:55 AM »
Ron's Wholesale on Jonestown Rd. Really nice to deal with. Have been buying from them for years now. They supply most shops in the surrounding areas.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline icetechy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Give him room Brodie"
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2008, 08:37 AM »
primepin's right on... Use to order early and meet the truck from Buffallo when it came in to Riverside Marina down the street from me. There was quite a few of us that met the truck...
Tim Rogers

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2008, 03:23 PM »
Try Kurtz fish hatchery in Elverson. You can find it easily on the internet. They might be fairly close to you as well.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2008, 04:44 PM »
Try Kurtz fish hatchery in Elverson. You can find it easily on the internet. They might be fairly close to you as well.

I e-mailed them for a price list on monday, still waiting to hear back. ;)

Thanks for the info everyone. Tired of driving over 30 minutes one way to get bait or waiting until the tackle shop opens.

Offline juniatabassman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2008, 01:08 AM »
Ron's is the way to go. that is where i stock up on waxies. I have gotten minnows by the pound there the last two years for trout. They seem to be in good health and i don't really loose that many except to the fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.