The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 3rd Annual Northeast Get together !!  (Read 16046 times)

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
Re: 2nd Annual NEPA get together
« Reply #30 on: Dec 01, 2007, 11:53 AM »
If you all that live in the far NE section want to get a get together planned, you might get a few of us from Orange, Sullivan, and Rockland NY to join in.  Just a thought, no Hi-jacking intended.

The Pack is about an hour from me here in Newburgh, NY.
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline iceaddiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 01, 2007, 09:17 PM »
i like rose valley too i have a cabin in ralston so that would be awesome
I live to fish anytype but ice fishing is my passion

Offline brewer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 02, 2007, 07:01 PM »
I hit a coyote on 84 in Newburgh...LOL

Just imagine what you would have hit if you were on Braodway in Newburgh.   :o

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #33 on: Dec 02, 2007, 07:56 PM »
Just imagine what you would have hit if you were on Broadway in Newburgh.   :o

OOOHH, someones been in my town  :o :o
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 03, 2007, 05:43 PM »
OOOHH, someones been in my town  :o :o
is there still a bar there called treasure or pleasure island  ??? ??? me thinks it was by the airport....served juice  ;) ;) ;) and yes i think maybe we should include the pack in the nepa get together poll..if no one wants it ..vote it out... ??? ???

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 03, 2007, 07:31 PM »
well guys if ya dont mind i would love to come up from bucks county to fish and meet some of you guys. rose valley or lake jean would be best bets i think have been to both once and both seem to be pretty good. plus id have a place to stay thats close to both of them

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #36 on: Dec 03, 2007, 09:13 PM »
well guys if ya dont mind i would love to come up from bucks county to fish and meet some of you guys. rose valley or lake jean would be best bets i think have been to both once and both seem to be pretty good. plus id have a place to stay thats close to both of them

You can vote in the poll look forward to seeing you there. MR
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline holeinhide

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • have ice will fish!!
« Reply #37 on: Dec 03, 2007, 10:43 PM »

Hey fastribs85 I am also from bucks county. you fish the nock allot if it freezes? maybe we will run into each other on the ice.

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #38 on: Dec 04, 2007, 05:54 AM »
Posted a comment on the poll page and was just thinking, yes, I can do that sometimes. Why don't we have several events?? One towards the NW, one in the NC and one in the NE?? I am sure there are groups in each area who would like a get together in "their" neck of the woods. Sorry marshrat, not trying to jack the thread, would just like to get this debate of where to have an event out of the way. I know that is what the poll is for, just too much bickering over "missing" lakes. Seems that there are enough IS members from around the state and surrounding states that we could have several organized events. Call them whatever you want, I don't care. Would just like a chance to meet and greet other IS memebers from around the state and enjoy some fishing no matter where it is at  :) I know you are putting forth the effort for this event marshrat, so if some others would do the same we could have more then just one  :)

Now don't everyone start throwing things at me, just wanting to have a good time somewhere as I am sure alot of us would like to do  :)
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline brewer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 04, 2007, 11:31 AM »
Just imagine what you would have hit if you were on Braodway in Newburgh.   :o

Yup.  There a few times per month.   We have an office out by Stewart.

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2nd Annual NEPA Gathering on Lake Jean
« Reply #40 on: Dec 11, 2007, 03:37 PM »
Now that we have our Lake and date set, We need people to start Volunteering to bring anything they can.  I would like to have a ball park guess at how many people will be coming so If you would like to come you do not have to bring anything but if you could it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know Just make a post with what you are bringing and how many people will be coming from your username.

The date will be Jan 19th with a back up date on feb 2nd. We will be eating around noon so feel free to stop by even if you can't fish and grab a bite to eat.
Christopher S Neal

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #41 on: Dec 11, 2007, 09:34 PM »
My prediction for lake jean is that, there will be little to no big perch left in the lake by the end of the ice season or soon after.  All this lake needs is more fishing pressure than it already has.  a few years ago you could go up there early in the year ( first month or so) and see a few people out on the lake but now you go and there is more like 25 - 50 people at any time and i have seen well more then 100 people.  Each year it gets harder and harder to find the big ones.   I think spud, byron, beerthirty, rosevalley, hit hole, and a few others will agree that the fishing has changed considerably for the lake.

I might come just to catch up with some of the guys. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 12, 2007, 05:05 AM »
No offense meant to anyone but, you have to take into consideration that "WE" as a group promote this sport. Especially with this site. That being said, with the limited resources available do we not expect to see more people on a given body of water and less fish being caught out of said body of water? C&R goes a long way.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 12, 2007, 06:19 AM »
Now that we have our Lake and date set, We need people to start Volunteering to bring anything they can.  I would like to have a ball park guess at how many people will be coming so If you would like to come you do not have to bring anything but if you could it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know Just make a post with what you are bringing and how many people will be coming from your username.

The date will be Jan 19th with a back up date on feb 2nd. We will be eating around noon so feel free to stop by even if you can't fish and grab a bite to eat.
what do you need marshrat ??????? i'll bring something... :) can you tell me of a place to get a room for the night close by...?????? got to find this place on the map....... ??? :tipup: :unsure: :tipup:

Offline nepa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 12, 2007, 07:43 AM »
If work does not have other plans for me I will be there.

Offline ice023

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #45 on: Dec 12, 2007, 09:41 AM »
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/rickettsglen.aspx#cabins

for those guys coming from out of town, they have cabins for rent at the park, year round.  not sure how they are or price but posted above is the link. 
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty well-preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW What a Ride!"

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Dec 12, 2007, 09:47 AM »
thanks a bunch..ice023...

Offline ice023

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #47 on: Dec 12, 2007, 09:49 AM »
after i posted, i went in and looked at the cabins on the website, they are modern cabins and about 80 bucks a night.  i think they sleep 6 to 8.   
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty well-preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW What a Ride!"

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Dec 12, 2007, 09:56 AM »
kool...i'll try to bring some of my hardwater pals along... ;D

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Dec 12, 2007, 04:00 PM »
what do you need marshrat ??????? i'll bring something... :) can you tell me of a place to get a room for the night close by...?????? got to find this place on the map....... ??? :tipup: :unsure: :tipup:
Well I will be bring my Grill and Hot dogs and Hamburgers and maybe some salads (potato and macaroni) We will need cups plates napkins if anyone close by can bring a table and some chairs if not buckets will work. Also hotdog and hamburger rolls and buns. Drinks Anything will help. Thanks Mr 
Christopher S Neal

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 12, 2007, 07:39 PM »
i'll bring the plates /cups / plastic ware...have to stay in touch so i know about how much to buy..also i'll bring some soda and beer  ;D

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #51 on: Dec 12, 2007, 09:26 PM »
No offense meant to anyone but, you have to take into consideration that "WE" as a group promote this sport. Especially with this site. That being said, with the limited resources available do we not expect to see more people on a given body of water and less fish being caught out of said body of water? C&R goes a long way.

C&R does go a long way...... But sadly there are those that do not practice this when it comes to the larger fish of certian species such as perch.  there are some that do not pratice this at all and keep everything that comes out of the hole.   I dont know why but some people think that catching a big perch is a big deal and have to keep it to show off to others followed by consumption hopefully.  Big perch were once fairly common in this lake but now are fairly uncommon.  They are still their though you just got to find them.

I would say that less than 1/4 of the big perch that i have seen caught in this lake have made it to see  another day.

there are some lakes out there that have large numbers of perch and keeping the big ones is not a problem but this is not one of them. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Dec 13, 2007, 08:10 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong here guys but is Beer allowed on the lake if it is no prob if its not keep it on the DL
Christopher S Neal

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 13, 2007, 09:31 AM »
thats kool..i don't need brew to fish although i fish much better using performance enhancing substances...I'll just have to fish w/my b game.... ;) ;D (sorry w/all this baseball junk i can't resist  ::) )

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #54 on: Dec 13, 2007, 10:56 AM »
 I'm going to try to make it! I only live a half hour from Lake Jean! But I never know when something comes up! It's a hard job sometime, keeping the flock together!  ::)
TEAM  PA.

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Dec 13, 2007, 11:49 AM »
hey guys planning on being there baring any problems aand will definatly bring some deer meet of some sort

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Dec 13, 2007, 02:06 PM »
thats kool..i don't need brew to fish although i fish much better using performance enhancing substances...I'll just have to fish w/my b game.... ;) ;D (sorry w/all this baseball junk i can't resist  ::) )
No prob can never go wrong with some baseball. So did u guys get dug out yet just finished shoveling here
Christopher S Neal

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Dec 14, 2007, 05:41 PM »
yep..plowed my parents ..my shack..and  the job site....snow is nice but i'd trade for ice .. ;D

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Dec 15, 2007, 07:16 AM »
My prediction for lake jean is that, there will be little to no big perch left in the lake by the end of the ice season or soon after.  All this lake needs is more fishing pressure than it already has.  a few years ago you could go up there early in the year ( first month or so) and see a few people out on the lake but now you go and there is more like 25 - 50 people at any time and i have seen well more then 100 people.  Each year it gets harder and harder to find the big ones.   I think spud, byron, beerthirty, rosevalley, hit hole, and a few others will agree that the fishing has changed considerably for the lake.

I might come just to catch up with some of the guys. 

Agree. I use to fish it about 10 yrs ago & it was decent. Tried it 2 yrs ago & definetly went down hill.
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Dec 15, 2007, 01:13 PM »
Well I would have liked to fish rose vally but not enough votes looks like we are getting hit again not good for the ice
Christopher S Neal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.