The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: venterior fish finder?  (Read 337 times)

Offline Downahole1994

• IceShanty Rookie
venterior fish finder?
« on: Jan 28, 2019, 10:12 AM »
Anyone have any reviews or input on these venterior fish finders? Saw them online and they get good reviews. Just curious from the ice fishing guys. New to the Ice side of things and starting out on a budget since I’m just beginning!

Offline Flyboyroy35

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: venterior fish finder?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2019, 04:53 AM »
I never heard of them until I read your post. I took a quick look on line.  It would work for so e things-  mainly depth.  I think I might get one for kayak fishing.  If I flip over and it gets wet then I'm only out 40 bucks.  I think you would be happier  spending just a little more on a basic flasher like a vex fl8 --- let's not start a great debate here. Marcum, hummingbird - they all make basic models and that is all you really need.   These 40 dollar ones take small batteries and that could be an issue if you are out all day. It doesn't say  the power of the transducer.   
But for 40 bucks it may be worth a try.  You can always sell it to someone else for 25 if you don't like it !

Offline Iceking41

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2019, 09:56 AM »
I'll second the vex fl8, you won't be sorry, it's never let me down.

Offline Downahole1994

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2019, 08:32 PM »
If I saw a flasher for a lower price than I have, I’d pull the trigger. I definitely have the bug already from the few times this year. Could only imagine after getting into a school of fish jigging. I’ve had no issues catching pike and bass on tip ups, but last two times I’ve went out, I’ve had a goal to finally get into some perch or crappie. No luck yet

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.