The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Colyer Lake  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Colyer Lake
« on: Oct 21, 2005, 12:44 PM »
Report from the PFC website:

"Colyer Lake has been partially drawn down due to the condition of the dam. The lake will remain drawn down until funding is available to rebuild the dam."

I know they draw the lake down frequently, but it looks like it may be drawn down for a while. 

Jim, don't you fish this lake?  I just looked and it is no further for me than to go to Bald Eagle (about an hour drive).  I will have to hit this lake a few times this winter.  How's the fishing here?
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
Re: Colyer Lake
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2005, 01:11 PM »
Russ, the last time I drove by it looked to be the same level as last winter. It would be a great place to take your son and let him run after the flag's. There are a ton of 14 to 17" pickerel. I got a few great perch but some very small one's also. Fishtales and Mr. buster say there are alot of good gill's in it but I didn't find any last year. I was only there 2 times though.
        Jim

Offline beerduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • beer and fish nut
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2005, 05:26 PM »
6 years ago i caught my biggest string of crappie ever here. i really liked this lake. off the point i have read about 30 something feet its deep for a little one but i dont know how deep it is now

Offline TipupsnAppleBarrel

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2007, 04:01 PM »
The last small open spot on the lake should soon be freezing over...couple of good cold days and we might be in business :tipup:

chimo

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2007, 04:26 PM »
Looks like I'll be hitting the ice here more than last year because the water has been drawn down in Perez.  Lots of pick's like CC says, some bass, some nice perch and a some tiny perch, and some crappies.  There are some really nice gills in there to but I don't know how the fishing will be for them this year.  I fished from shore a few times this fall after I came back to school and the gills I got were all starved looking.  Never seen a bluegill so thin, you could see their ribs.  Oh ya, there are 3 biiigggg gold fish too.  good fishin

chimo

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2007, 04:49 PM »
Good luck getting them "Goldies" Chimo. I saw two of them the other year and they aren't coming thru a 6" hole for sure :o
       Jim

Offline Squeaks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2019, 10:04 AM »
Has anyone been there lately?
I was hoping to go out there this weekend if the ice was good. Thanks...

Offline chris555

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2019, 11:03 AM »
Speaks I too would love to know conditions of lake. Or if anyone even has fished it last season. Thanks for any info

Offline Squeaks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2019, 01:24 PM »
Stopped today... 4-5” in “spots”. Marked nothing and caught nothing.

Offline holy crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2019, 07:55 PM »
I think they stock trout in this lake, anyone caught any?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.