Author Topic: One pole limit!  (Read 2032 times)

Offline chop1

• Team IceShanty Regular
One pole limit!
« on: Dec 06, 2018, 08:42 PM »
Can anyone explain why BC is the only province that allows one rod on the ice  , But allowed 2 in a boat when I’m alone ? This doesn’t make sense to me . I’m curious  who else thinks this should be changed ?  ???

Offline tigrr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: One pole limit!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2018, 09:08 PM »
I don't understand that one either.  Add to that the single barbless hook and what is the point of going fishing.  Some youngsters don't even get a fish to the boat.  Maybe that is the plan to discourage future fishermen.  Hmm.
Wishing I was Fishing.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2018, 09:17 PM »
its a weird regulation- or is the one person in the boat in summer a weird regulation? hehe
I guess it helps more people get skunked so will be less pressure out there on the ice   :icefish:
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline tigrr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2018, 09:56 AM »
I see that they have closed some more of my local lakes to ice fishing.  And some more have been made Fly fishing only.  Soon the sport will be saved for the elite and fn.  sad :(

Wishing I was Fishing.

Offline Fishthuder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2018, 10:13 AM »
Its not that hard to drag a fly around open water,I've caught many through the ice on cronos

Offline Fishthuder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2018, 10:15 AM »
There asking for input to fishing regulations,any one know what site ?

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2016FLNR0279-002401

Offline FirstCast

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2018, 04:53 PM »
take your boat out on the ice and drill two holes. also kids can fish anyway they want as long as they are the only one in control of that fishing gear. I  am for the barbless hook rule mainly cause I release most of my fish anyway.Tight lines

Offline weinerfork

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2018, 05:13 PM »
input to fishing regulations,any one know what site ?

try this

Fish and Wildlife Branch
Phone:   Toll free 1-877-855-3222
Fax:   250 387-0239
Mail:   PO Box 9391, STN PROV GOVT
Victoria, B.C.  V8W 9M8
E-mail:   [email protected]

Offline coyotebc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2018, 02:54 PM »
I don't mind the barbless hook regulation, but the 1 pole is stupid IMHO

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2018, 08:02 PM »
I agree, the one pole is a stupid rule. 

You only are required a single barbless hook if the lake specifies it in the regulations.  If there is no special comment then you can use barbed treble hooks if you want.  I use barbed single hooks and trebles while ice fishing at times when interested in catching dinner.  You can even use lures with multiple trebles on them as long as all attached to same lure.

THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline coyotebc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 27, 2018, 02:22 AM »
I don't mind barbs if you plan on eating them, since I release most of mine I use barb less even when not required

Offline IceDrisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2019, 07:30 PM »
From what I have seen, a lot of guys ignore the 1 rod only regulation and fish a second rod anyways. I have heard of several people getting fined for this. That's the trouble with rules that don't make sense.

Another funny one is the 'no fin fish' bait rule, but yet you can buy minnows at Canadian Tire and they are often sold out, so...

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2019, 05:39 PM »
From what I have seen, a lot of guys ignore the 1 rod only regulation and fish a second rod anyways. I have heard of several people getting fined for this. That's the trouble with rules that don't make sense.

Another funny one is the 'no fin fish' bait rule, but yet you can buy minnows at Canadian Tire and they are often sold out, so...

well,  you are 100% allowed to use those minnows for bait, as long as you cut them in half, and as along as you only use them on a set line intended for burbot,   also, the comment from firstcast about dragging a boat out on the ice and drilling 2 holes was challenged by a member on here years back, and the CO fined him if memory serves me right.   I agree,  we should be able to use more than 1 rod on the ice

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline FirstCast

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2019, 05:28 PM »
Hey Ise De By you wouldn't know the year or the name of that case. I cannt find it in the court records.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.