Author Topic: What boots are you using this ice fishing season?  (Read 13483 times)

Offline MinnesotaPike

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: What boots are you using this ice fishing season?
« Reply #90 on: Nov 12, 2019, 03:10 PM »
Hmm...just by the looks of them I would have to say they wouldn't compare to the other Baffins that have been discussed on here. Take a look at the Baffin Impacts for example. The Titans look more like a rubber boot and the Impacts are an insulated "moon boot."

Those Trappers look like less insulation and flimsier rubber version of Titans, I'd wait and buy Titans, MSRP is only $30 more but I bet you can find a deal to bring them close to the same price.

I read through a few of the reviews online, I'm not sure the Titans would hold up when we're talking zero degrees or below.
I fish all winter in Titans, they absolutely hold up at subzero temps lol. What gave that impression? They're extremely thick rubber with an inch plus of memory foam inside.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #91 on: Nov 12, 2019, 03:13 PM »
the titans are the ones everyone in every ice fishing chat on the internet swear by, they are rated fo -100 c. the trappers are only rated -76. i dont really get cold feet but i do like them dry.

I fished with the Baffin Hunters for years, and those are only rated to -40. As long as I had on some decent thermal socks, I never suffered from cold feet. I do move around quite a bit, but spend a lot of time sitting in the hub/flipover too. We get a lot of slush here, often ankle deep, so the rubber boots are a must if you want to keep dry. I would think those trappers would be fine for warmth unless you are way up in the Arctic.

Offline sam brodrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Nov 12, 2019, 03:18 PM »
I fished with the Baffin Hunters for years, and those are only rated to -40. As long as I had on some decent thermal socks, I never suffered from cold feet. I do move around quite a bit, but spend a lot of time sitting in the hub/flipover too. I would think those trappers would be fine for warmth unless you are way up in the Arctic.
western nebraska it can get stupid cold here sometimes and i will be out fishing in it. im just trying to be better prepared than last year when i discovered that im an absolute hardwater lunatic . i cant stay off the ice.
I hate not fishing

Offline stout93

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Nov 12, 2019, 03:22 PM »
the titans are the ones everyone in every ice fishing chat on the internet swear by, they are rated fo -100 c. the trappers are only rated -76. i dont really get cold feet but i do like them dry.

Yeah, sorry. I meant Trappers. I was responding to another poster who was asking about Trappers and inadvertently typed Titans in my reply to him.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Nov 12, 2019, 06:30 PM »
baffin impacts for ultra cold days or long sled rides and helly hansen insulated rubbers for the slush.  slippers in the shack  ;D

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Nov 13, 2019, 06:31 AM »
When there's snow on the ice I wear the Baffin Trappers, they're very comfortable and warm on my feet but I don't like them with spikes. I have a pair of Muck Arctic Sports with Kahtoola Micro Spikes for glare ice. What I like about the Trappers is that I can walk in them without feeling like I have snowshoes on, and the waterproof aspect when walking in slush, the tradeoff is less insulation. Never had a problem with cold feet in either the Baffins or Mucks, but I'm not fishing in -30 either.

Offline Garrett

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Nov 13, 2019, 10:29 AM »
I wear the Clam Ice Armour rubber boots they sold a few years ago. They are not available anymore but they are 1200g thinsulate in the bottom, with built in handle holes on the top of the boot which sure are handy for putting them on. I am going to be sad when they wear out and I have to find a different brand. I have never got cold in them.

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Nov 13, 2019, 03:05 PM »
Muck Artic Sports 3rd or 4th year can't remember. They fit me well aren't as heavy or awkward to walk in as the larger boots. I throw foam down when I flip the tent, and don't have issues with my feet getting cold.

Offline Chuck Enwinde

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Nov 14, 2019, 12:45 AM »
Is that durable? It sounds like a decent idea but I'd be worried how long that's going to hold up. I will look at my local Walmart to see if they have them.

Mine are three years old and have a lot of miles on them - and not just ice fishing.  Tread on the heels is starting to wear down a bit from pier walking but I suspect I'll get a couple more years out of them at least.  I doubt they'd outlast Titans but if it works out to about $20 a year, it's money well spent in my books.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #99 on: Nov 14, 2019, 06:48 AM »
Lacrosse alpha burly 2000 gram. On my 3rd pair.
Very warm.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #101 on: Nov 14, 2019, 12:06 PM »
2nd season on Korkers polar vortex 1200

How do you like them? Are they waterproof all the way to the top? I use korkers for surfcasting and love the boa lace system but it seems like that might let water in.

Offline Bux n dux

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Nov 17, 2019, 10:00 PM »
Got some Baffin Eigers last year. I’ll be using them again this year too. Feet never got cold once. Warmest boots I’ve ever owned.

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #103 on: Nov 17, 2019, 10:25 PM »
I just picked up some Trans-Alaska III Pac Boots today from Cabelas based on recommendations.  I can’t wait to try them out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.