Author Topic: Antero 11/19/18  (Read 1619 times)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Antero 11/19/18
« on: Nov 20, 2018, 09:28 AM »
Hit Anterihole for the 2nd time in 6 days.  4-5 solid inches everywhere. Saw guys out in the middle. We fished both ends of dam including right near the outlet.  Bronco, his son "King Cole", Johnny O and me fished from 730am till 430pm. Gorgeous freekin day never a cloud in the sky, basically calm wind, never wore gloves.  We ended up with 27 trout, most from 14-18". A couple 19s, and King Cole landed the biggest a 5.5 lb Bow at 3pm.  We missed the same amount, really it was pretty slow, with the lack of giants and big numbers. I blame the near full moon. ;D

Had some big Crows hanging out with us on the ice for a couple hours, and the white weasel made an appearance on the dam rocks.
Strangely, the Crows showed up the same time as Dave (Goon) did!

All in all, another spectacular day in SP. Hurry, it won't last forever!

So for all u idiots on the FishExploiter, YES the ice isthickefuggingnuff! ;D

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
Re: Antero 11/19/18
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2018, 09:48 AM »
Nice!  Slayed em again down there!  I though Dave had an allergy to SP googans? Guess he must have taken a Benadryl.   ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Hookerhooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Always cool to see the white weasel.  Finally get a chance to make it down tomorrow

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2018, 10:20 AM »
Always cool to see the white weasel.  Finally get a chance to make it down tomorrow

Bring the sunscreen!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline cat26fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2018, 10:40 AM »
Awesome slayer!  Thanks for sharing. 

I’ve been traveling a ton for work, but headed up to the cabin yesterday in Florissant to go through all my ice gear.

Wish I could get out over the holiday, but I left early this morning to drive to PA for thanksgiving and do some whitetail hunting.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2018, 10:45 AM »
Thanks for sharing. Was out on the 16th., no pigs, but nice 15” to 18” bows. Have a good Thanksgiving!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2018, 11:49 AM »
Thanks! Me and Brandon are heading up Friday. Hopefully we can stick a few.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2018, 12:32 PM »
Thanks! Me and Brandon are heading up Friday. Hopefully we can stick a few.

We're planning on Friday up there but forecast is for WIND. Might improve the fishing though!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2018, 01:07 PM »
We're planning on Friday up there but forecast is for WIND. Might improve the fishing though!
Cool, I was wondering if you were going to head back up. Should be fun!

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2018, 01:42 PM »
Good crap! Thanks for sharing man!
Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 20, 2018, 03:08 PM »
King Coles fish was sweet! Glad his dad didn't mess up the landing,  I know I was nervous just watching!

Couldn't of asked for a better day ice-fishing, except for me screwing the pooch on my biggest of the day, but I'll blame it on 1st ice jitters  ;D

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 20, 2018, 04:55 PM »
I hit it this morning. On at 8:00 off at 12:30. Gorgeous day. A dozen good hits. Iced 8, all in that chunky 16" style except for one at 19". Kept two to alder smoke on the Weber

kettle for Thanksgiving as a side delicacy alongside the turkey. Sure beats the blue balls at that other location. It won't last long.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Crazy Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 20, 2018, 05:07 PM »
King Coles fish was sweet! Glad his dad didn't mess up the landing,  I know I was nervous just watching!

Couldn't of asked for a better day ice-fishing, except for me screwing the pooch on my biggest of the day, but I'll blame it on 1st ice jitters  ;D

Mess up the landing pleeze lol there was never a doubt  ;D Mr Kolt face is absolutely BBQ today he looks like a bright red tomato. FYI sunscreen recommended for the pasty complexion folks.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Nov 20, 2018, 06:02 PM »
I hit it this morning. On at 8:00 off at 12:30. Gorgeous day. A dozen good hits. Iced 8, all in that chunky 16" style except for one at 19". Kept two to alder smoke on the Weber

kettle for Thanksgiving as a side delicacy alongside the turkey. Sure beats the blue balls at that other location. It won't last long.
Good job Stinky!  its  fun for early easy ice.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Hookerhooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 20, 2018, 06:07 PM »
Bring the sunscreen!

Definitely,  we pasty!!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 22, 2018, 08:31 AM »
Well, the forecast for Friday and Saturday across South Park is none too good. Winds at 20-25 MPH. Personally, I don't fish a shelter but I can imagine the joy in getting one up and

anchored down. But I know also that there are some Men out there for whom no challenge is too great. I'll be padding around the house, nibbling on leftovers and fine tuning my

schtick based on what I learned up there on Tuesday. Bring extra mealies. The rest I ain't telling, lurkerboy. Happy Thanksgiving.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline GSP_Pike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That’s why they call it fishing.
« Reply #16 on: Nov 22, 2018, 12:59 PM »
Slow day for me yesterday (8-3pm) looked that way for most anglers from what I could observe. A game time decision to go at 5 am gathering gear from last year; I forgot my tackle box, bait, fish finder and extra auger battery which probably why I only caught 4 bows between 12-19” using Jiggin rap, kept 2 for smoker. Left house quickly trying to beat traffic. Lots of nimrods out there enjoying the bluebird day with zero wind.  The 19” was a lot of fun to catch, put up a good fight and challenge to get out of 6” hole by myself. Looking forward to a good year when I’m not hunting winged game.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.