New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: **Chautauqua Lake BS**  (Read 413334 times)

Offline fellinonce

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: **Chautauqua Lake BS**
« Reply #2730 on: Feb 19, 2019, 12:03 PM »
Chainsaws! Must be musky spearing time!!!
Tap, Tap,.. Cross his eyes!

Offline SteelieWheelie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2731 on: Feb 19, 2019, 05:26 PM »
Chainsaws! Must be musky spearing time!!!

Whatever you do, DO NOT post a picture! 😂

Offline Jakemanges123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2732 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:39 PM »

Whatever you do, DO NOT post a picture! 😂

LMAO

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The greatest international fisherman.
« Reply #2733 on: Feb 20, 2019, 06:12 AM »
My grandpappy used to spear pike through the ice. Toss egg shells down to see them cruise through and wham-o. Drag home 10-15 a day from local lakes and ponds.
He would cut them whole and toss them in his coal burning crockpot with some nice stale onions and potatoes.
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2022 - Featured in Jan In-Fisherman Magazine
2019- MVP of Flag Football over 65 league
1992 - 2022 Voted the best Ice Angler in Upstate
2020 - NY Times Best Seller for Propane Crockpot Book
2017 - Iceshanty.com Hall of Fame Inductee
2016 - Voted Best Grandpa in Upstate NY again.
2018 - Donated 1MM to Help Rebuild Afrikan Nation
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.
2022 - Micro-dehydrating propane cookbook debut on Amazon

Offline BIGFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2734 on: Feb 20, 2019, 06:40 AM »
My grandpappy used to spear pike through the ice. Toss egg shells down to see them cruise through and wham-o. Drag home 10-15 a day from local lakes and ponds.
He would cut them whole and toss them in his coal burning crockpot with some nice stale onions and potatoes.     

Hey Hijinks didn't see any awards for 2018 were you in the running for anything new last year.  Maybe crockpot King of lake Erie.

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2735 on: Feb 20, 2019, 09:34 AM »
Hey Hijinks didn't see any awards for 2018 were you in the running for anything new last year.  Maybe crockpot King of lake Erie.

Funny you mention that, there’s an award ceremony at the mayville VFW tomorrow night honoring me and my accomplishments. They’re keeping it quiet. Will update as needed. I am coaching Bobby Flay how to use a propane crockpot next week via Skype.
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • swimmin' with the fishes
« Reply #2736 on: Feb 20, 2019, 04:17 PM »
Funny you mention that, there’s an award ceremony at the mayville VFW tomorrow night honoring me and my accomplishments. They’re keeping it quiet. Will update as needed. I am coaching Bobby Flay how to use a propane crockpot next week via Skype.

No report from John Hanger as of late ? Those were always bountiful and informative ...
Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !
Mentor of many future Cuba Lake Legends

Offline trickin n killin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2737 on: Feb 21, 2019, 08:00 AM »
So I tried to revive an old thread and didn’t have any luck so I thought I might try here instead. Have any of you fished Cassadaga lake? Which one is best for panfish and where’s a good starting point to try from? Any help is appreciated.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #2738 on: Feb 21, 2019, 11:07 AM »
So I tried to revive an old thread and didn’t have any luck so I thought I might try here instead. Have any of you fished Cassadaga lake? Which one is best for panfish and where’s a good starting point to try from? Any help is appreciated.
To be honest... starting a new thread is PROBABLY going to get you the most info

Offline trickin n killin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2739 on: Feb 21, 2019, 11:11 AM »
To be honest... starting a new thread is PROBABLY going to get you the most info
Thanks John, but it doesn’t seem worth it from the sounds of it. I’ll just have to see for myself.

Offline Jakemanges123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2740 on: Feb 21, 2019, 02:05 PM »

I drove by cassadaga on my way to chatauqua all the time. Idk about the other lakes but I’ve never seen anyone on the lower lake

Offline trickin n killin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2741 on: Feb 21, 2019, 02:08 PM »
I drove by cassadaga on my way to chatauqua all the time. Idk about the other lakes but I’ve never seen anyone on the lower lake
Thanks for the reply Jake. I used to drive by it all the time and after catching so many dink perch on Chautauqua, I was just looking for something different. Redhouse has been pretty slow lately for the gills and haven’t caught on at Chautauqua yet.

Offline FISHN NIK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2742 on: Feb 21, 2019, 07:04 PM »
I fish Cassadaga in late spring,early summer,middle lake,pannies are nothing but dinks but caught some muskies in the 30+ range,released them in the water so never checked length or weight.I remember a couple years back that a fellow I.S. member was holding up a 3 or 4'' perch so I guess that's why no one fishes them,T.K. have you tried Bear lake?

FN

Offline OTTER119

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walleye Boss, Team Smelly
« Reply #2743 on: Feb 21, 2019, 07:11 PM »
No report from John Hanger as of late ? Those were always bountiful and informative ...

The best content out there!  Hijinks, SNAFU, emptyhanded,Tyrone....

The legend of J Hanger ???  need to hear more...toughest SOB ever on the ice so I heard
If I was a boat fisherman that sucked so badly that my whole summer of fishing sucked, I would blame it on those ice fisherman guys.

Offline trickin n killin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2744 on: Feb 21, 2019, 07:50 PM »
I fish Cassadaga in late spring,early summer,middle lake,pannies are nothing but dinks but caught some muskies in the 30+ range,released them in the water so never checked length or weight.I remember a couple years back that a fellow I.S. member was holding up a 3 or 4'' perch so I guess that's why no one fishes them,T.K. have you tried Bear lake?

FN
No i haven’t tried bear but was thinking about it for another option. Just looking for some decent gills.

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2745 on: Feb 22, 2019, 04:20 AM »

The legend of J Hanger ???  need to hear more...toughest SOB ever on the ice so I heard

I heard Hanger punches his holes open and skims them with his ball cap ?

Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2746 on: Feb 22, 2019, 05:18 AM »

I fished with Hanger last week. Guy refuses to buy a heater so he still uses a coffee can with charcoal to heat his hut, which is made from human skin.

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2747 on: Feb 22, 2019, 01:15 PM »
Found in the lot at Long Point ... jinksy .. is this you ?

Offline Jakemanges123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2748 on: Feb 22, 2019, 04:47 PM »
Fish harwood for decent gills

Offline thegoods

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2749 on: Feb 25, 2019, 07:05 PM »
Are machines lake wide now?

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2750 on: Feb 26, 2019, 03:33 PM »
Not sure how much your machine weighs, but 2 wknds ago some 1000# 4 wheelers were driving around long point. Saw sleds too. Last wknd just sleds at long point. Ice slightly thicker, but hair softer. So about equal. Back to the teens so shouldn`t be an issue.

Anybody get a perch over 8 1/2"? Seems to be the upper size limit? Looked at my old sanders fishing guide. Caught my slob beer can size 9 3/4" Perch in 2014. None of my friends ever seen one that big. Between all of us must be 5000 perch taken.

Might have to put out a bounty on any perch 11" or bigger a couple wknds from now! First fish 11" or bigger pays??? Has to be in sight of where I`m fishing like long pt, Mayville? I`d pay too see a nice one. Got sick of filleting some small ones, and tossed them in my pond, and ended up with some 13 - 14" monsters! You would think some big ones are around, but doesn`t seem that way?

Offline BlueSnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2751 on: Feb 27, 2019, 01:17 PM »
Does anybody know if the bathrooms are open 24 hour a day at long point?  Planning on getting out on Saturday night and working the various angles to convince my wife to join. 
Blue snow is better than yellow snow

Offline rando3369

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2752 on: Feb 27, 2019, 01:26 PM »
Does anybody know if the bathrooms are open 24 hour a day at long point?  Planning on getting out on Saturday night and working the various angles to convince my wife to join.

When I was there last week the inside bathrooms were locked, but there are Port a Jon's under the lights outside.

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2753 on: Feb 27, 2019, 04:03 PM »
Bathrooms were locked a few weeks ago. Not sure now. Might not be able to offer $ for a perch 11" or bigger. The dems from NYC introduced a law banning all wildlife tournaments. Fishing, Coyote, deer contests would be illegal with monetary prizes. They already are trying to ban gun raffles which are huge money makers for volunteer fire depts., etc. Called my NY Assemblyman hope you do to.

Offline snowmandan76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2754 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:05 PM »
Just throwing this out there but I lost a 12 foot Stanley tape measure at long point the other day if anyone picked it up I'd like to get it back  it has the cm and inches on it  thanks

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!!!!!!!
« Reply #2755 on: Feb 27, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Saw hogans report of some bad shore ice. What is the most current condition and best place to get on Chautauqua right now? Will be there starting Friday and some Intel would help. Thanks in advance! PS

Offline Chuck66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2756 on: Feb 27, 2019, 10:49 PM »
I launch out of midway with machine , it’s sll safe there , stay away from creeks be safe tight lines

Offline TyroneJenkins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2757 on: Feb 28, 2019, 05:16 AM »
I be coming down to Maysvile this weekend. How much snow dids you all get therE?
I walkin out.

Offline TyroneJenkins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2758 on: Feb 28, 2019, 05:19 AM »

Offline TyroneJenkins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2759 on: Feb 28, 2019, 05:19 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.