The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Huntley Diversion Dam?  (Read 7571 times)

Offline Fishman Teters

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Huntley Diversion Dam?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 01, 2012, 05:57 PM »
Get off at the Huntley exit, turn left right after the bar/parking lot/Minnow bucket... that road curves around behind the Bucket and then follows alongside the interstate... you will dip through a coulee and then at the top of the other side a gravel road takes off to the right... follow that on down... Right before the road crosses the tracks along the bluff they used to have a cable across keeping people from driving further. Been a few years since I have been down there though.
Thank you kindly for the info/directions. It is most appreciated.

Offline Fishman Teters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 01, 2012, 05:59 PM »
Let us know how you do. My father in law is coming in two weeks and was gonna take him ice fishing.  Not sure if there will be any safe ice even at the end of this week.  This winter really sucked for ice.
I will give a full report, hopefully along with pics.

Offline MTangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy fishy fishy.
« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2012, 08:09 PM »
Oh, nevermind then. I go to about 200yds below the diversion dam west of town. It's not roped off.   There are other places around that town that are.   Hell, go to RD 18 or Gritty Stone then. Or all the way to Pompeys or Waco

If you are from that area you are committing a sin  :o I trust all of you on here, for the most part, but i grew up in worden/huntley and we always did what we could to keep "city slickers" from going to our spots and leaving trash/fires burning/driving where they arent supposed to and so on. I'm sure none of u would do that  ;D

Offline Firetrap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 01, 2012, 09:59 PM »
None of those places are a big secret. Figured I would let the guy know since he is going to drive all the way over here. It's funny, I have a jet boat and I've  just walked in on some days and did great off the bank while a couple of boaters weren't doing all that hot.

I can't stand seeing garbage on the river either. I've picked up some of the garbage along the banks, I don't get how someone can carry stuff in when its heavier just fine, but not take out cans or wrappers?  Lazy red neck trash.   

Offline Fishman Teters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 02, 2012, 12:50 PM »
If you are from that area you are committing a sin  :o I trust all of you on here, for the most part, but i grew up in worden/huntley and we always did what we could to keep "city slickers" from going to our spots and leaving trash/fires burning/driving where they arent supposed to and so on. I'm sure none of u would do that  ;D
Not trying to invade, not going to trash the place, and certainly not wanting to tresspass. Just hoping to have a couple beers, catch some fish, make a nice shore lunch or dinner, and enjoy a day clearing my mind and easing my soul.

Offline Fishman Teters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 03, 2012, 02:35 PM »
Tomorrow can not come soon enough!!! Can't wait!! I'll be for giving ya'all a full report. Hope it's as good as I envision it will be. ;D

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 11, 2012, 09:51 PM »
Did you ever make it down?

Offline Fishman Teters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 21, 2012, 03:13 PM »
Did you ever make it down?
I did and I did lousy! One sauger on a black gumball jig and curly tail grub. No cats, no ling. If I knew any better I would say the trip was a bust, but I loved every second of it. I was the only person on the water, close to 50 degrees, no clouds! Most wonderful day!!

Offline walleyeslayer1986

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 24, 2012, 10:12 PM »
i have never had any luck ling fishing around billings aways been better the further u go down the yellowstone

Offline Fishman Teters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 27, 2012, 04:53 PM »
I plan on going down by Hysham the next time. Probably in late March or April. I'm hoping the fishing will be better. Although I was pretty lazy the last venture out. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.