The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Big Eyes  (Read 5894 times)

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those big winter females
Big Eyes
« on: Jan 20, 2009, 09:10 PM »
Had a great weekend landed alot of fish, but these two eyes made the trip.  First fish is 31 1/2 inches and weighed 13.3 lbs, and the second fish was 30 inches and weighed in at 12 lbs.  All you can say is what a weekend can't wait to get back up there.

Offline cjwalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
  • tight lines!
Re: Big Eyes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2009, 10:02 PM »
Nice Eyes!  What lake/reservoir you fishin?

Offline Webbicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2009, 01:02 AM »
damn, wish we had those in Maine!

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2009, 08:51 AM »
Those are the biggest Perch I've seen in a while!!

What did you catch them on?

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2009, 10:17 AM »
nice fish :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2009, 11:12 AM »
Nice pigs..Did those come out of Peck?

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/elkcrazedfrk/TeamWyoming1.jpg[img]

Offline WapitiBob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2009, 12:58 PM »
Wallinuts is being very quiet about his spot

???

Offline jimmerjammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2009, 01:40 PM »
awesome fish!!! were they nite time bites, or did they come during the day. In my experience, the bigger fish usually come at night, especially in pairs or groupings, anyways, thanks for the pics!!!!!

Offline WapitiBob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2009, 01:41 PM »
Nope, don't blame a guy for keeping a spot where fish like that are being caught. I presume Fort Peck, but need to be told otherwise.  ;D

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2009, 02:25 PM »
he told me they were caught at Nonyer Creek!!!!

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2009, 03:34 PM »
nice looking fish!

Offline montanafishingr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2009, 03:49 PM »
WoW them are some nice fish. And I would definately not fish your personal hole if you told me where it was either. ;D Ok well maybe I would.

Offline pickledpike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2009, 04:50 PM »
Don't worry everyone.  I hooked up a gps transmitter under his bumber.  I'll sell the coordinates to the highest bidder.  Sure hope wallinuts dosen't get on here before he goes out again. ;D

Offline all4elk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2009, 08:44 PM »
those are nice.  now I wished i would of went. The one weekend I had plans go figure.Let me know next time you guys go and i  will try and meet up.

Almost never recognized chin with him being shaved

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2009, 09:37 PM »
Sorry guys can't give up the spot I might not get to go on anymore trips.  Kev I wish you would have been there it was an unreal weekeend for nice fish and sat was a good drunk day as well we are definitely going back and you will have to go maybe we can even drag bill out of the house.  As for the question  if they were caught at night yes they were.  Hopefully the perch will be biting at canyon ferry this weekend.  See you guys on the ice. 

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2009, 10:33 PM »
Nice eyes!Well there is snow on the ice so that limits the locations it could be......like the whole damn state is going to take off and go all the way up there to fish and ruin the whole damn res ::)....everyone knows you can catch big eyes and pike up there this time of year,its no secret.

Offline EyesHaveIt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:44 AM »
those are nice.  now I wished i would of went. The one weekend I had plans go figure.Let me know next time you guys go and i  will try and meet up.

Almost never recognized chin with him being shaved
kev,  you do need to go up there. lots of fun. never thought i would need a 10 inch hole but up there it is nice.

Offline all4elk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:55 PM »
just let me know next time and i will see what i can do.If i know a couple days ahead i can do it.

Offline greenofpain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 22, 2009, 07:42 PM »
those are  nice...i was in a group that caught 5 walleye on peck that were all over 14 lbs last feb...we caught them in places we had never caught walleye before ...usually pike...so go figure right place right time ....alot of luck involved...none the less nice fish....that pond is so big gonna produce new record eye soon....

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 22, 2009, 08:58 PM »
OHHH NOOO you said the name of the res!!!!!Now you have gone and ruined it for everyone!!!!! ::)

Offline Stephan_K

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 22, 2009, 10:07 PM »
Just got off the horn.  Rounded up 643 people... and we are all leaving for peck tomorrow morning.  :o Should be there and setup at dusk.  Get your hogs tonight while you can guys... for we're gonna clean em all out tomorrow night !  :P

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:21 PM »
HA!  I got 912 people from here lets GIDDERDONE!!!

Offline Stephan_K

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 23, 2009, 09:05 AM »
Great fish guys; for a few of us, them are once in a lifetimers. ;D :thumbsup: :icefish:

I don't blame you for wanting to keep your spot a secret, keeps the jealous folks out. ::) ::) ;D

I tell you what, fish like those and walleye period are what I miss the most when it comes to fishing in NW MT.  I'm sort of spoiled I guess, I'm originally from OH... and walleye fishing is what I was raised on.  We used to catch hogs like that on a regular basis on Lake Erie.  I really miss walleye fishing... :-[

I'm gonna have to do a camping trip E of the mountains here soon I think...  You guys have brought back some serious memories with those hog pics !

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 23, 2009, 06:02 PM »
 :whistle:

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 23, 2009, 06:40 PM »
Come over to Helena this summer,ill put you on some nice eyes,unlike some Im not convincing myself there are any secret spots left,nor am I unwilling to help a fellow fisherman have a good outing,some of my best buddies have been met this way.

Offline Stephan_K

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 23, 2009, 11:23 PM »
Come over to Helena this summer,ill put you on some nice eyes,unlike some Im not convincing myself there are any secret spots left,nor am I unwilling to help a fellow fisherman have a good outing,some of my best buddies have been met this way.

Summer hell...  I'd grab the tent and be on my way tomorrow :P if it wasn't for the wife & kids !

In all seriousness, no doubt about it.  I will be taking you up on that offer !  Just last week the wife and I were talking about heading east this summer just for some walleye fishing... I'm psyched !

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 24, 2009, 12:13 AM »
Hey Nonya the thing I love about you is you are always so sure of yourself about everything.  I'm glad I have the privelage of reading about an almighty bean as yourself.  Every board I am on your opinion and thoughts are the only ones that should matter, everybody elses opinions or lifestyle is wrong.  Get over yourself my freind you aren't always right or the best, but good luck on that.

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 24, 2009, 08:46 AM »
Hey Nonya the thing I love about you is you are always so sure of yourself about everything.  I'm glad I have the privelage of reading about an almighty bean as yourself.  Every board I am on your opinion and thoughts are the only ones that should matter, everybody elses opinions or lifestyle is wrong.  Get over yourself my freind you aren't always right or the best, but good luck on that.
I think this guy needs to get over himself before telling other people about themselves  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 24, 2009, 12:45 PM »
WTG Wallinuts Nice eyes! Congratulations!

Did you keep the fish to hang on the wall?

If not you should have released them, so maybe they might spawn, or maybe someone else would have the pleasure of catching the fish, maybe a kid, or might even be you again!

Ice fisherman can catch some of the biggest fish in the pond, and this time of the year those big hens are building there eggs for the spawn. 

I myself have been guilty of keeping nice fish. Over the last five years I have released most of the big fish I caught. It can be a good feeling to see that fish swim off. We all should practice C&R.

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 24, 2009, 03:44 PM »
I think this guy needs to get over himself before telling other people about themselves  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ROFL thanks,took the words right out of my keyboard!I am sure of myself,if you dont like it thats your problem,never said I was the best,i just pointed out that there are guys here who will help a noob get into some fish instead of acting like they have a secret spot nobody else fish's,I understand you were taken there by someone else and you think you are keeping a big secret but get real.

Steph,let me know through a pm on the other fishing site (summer fishing)
http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?board=26.0
where I will be checking after ice off,Ill give you a current report and let you know where you could camp in that area.I can put you on a couple spots where you can catch a PILE of small/meduim eyes with very little experience,if you are only after the big ones we will have to wait to see whats happening the week you come over.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.