Author Topic: Special thanks to my wife  (Read 1456 times)

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • give me cold temps and I'll keep em comming
Special thanks to my wife
« on: Apr 01, 2008, 07:37 AM »
Know I know that my wife does not frequent iceshanty.com much but anyways I wanted to give her a special thanks for letting me enjoy my passion this ice season.  I know I was gone a lot and got minimal stuff done around the house but she understands my passion and for the most part accepts it.  I could not ask for a better wife.  I will clean out the garage and stow all my stuff by this week and get ship shape before the open water season ;)

THANKS HUN!!!!!!!

Offline troutguy1377

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • soak your jig in cider
Re: Special thanks to my wife
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2008, 08:35 AM »
You must have done something really bad, I hope she doesent find out ;D ;D

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • give me cold temps and I'll keep em comming
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2008, 08:37 AM »
You must have done something really bad, I hope she doesent find out ;D ;D
Yea, I was gone all winter long  ;D

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2008, 10:23 AM »
You need to work on her to become your fishing partner. Mine took a lot of coaxing but now I've created a monster. She went from not even willing to consider it to an extreme ice fishing addict! It cost a few bucks to get her outfitted to stay warm (portable shanty and a variety of heaters), to stay interested (extra Vexilar and Aqua-Vu), and to catch fish (spend serious time here on Iceshanty.com for a ton of good info).
Now we're both are guilty of not getting work done around the house, but we figure why worry about what the house looks like as long as the shanty is kept clean? After all, no one is home all winter long anyways!
What a dilema ...   ;)

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline chezmoose

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2008, 11:17 AM »
My first husband was embarrassed that I liked to fish and hunt, and did NOT want me discussing it with his friends. Also thought I should wear dresses and stuff...  :roflmao: :roflmao: :cookoo:

I did much better the second time around. This one's glad that I like to go with him and doesn't mind me hanging around the shanty.  ;D
But yeah, we ended up buying two new portables this year (both my idea) and I have a vex and an ice gator on the list for next season! And an AquaView would be nice too. And an ATV to haul it all around....  :laugh:

Thanks to your wife for letting you enjoy your sport and hang out here at the shanty. We know you're a true sportsman...  :)

Official Treasurer of the M.I.R.C.
                                    Membership dues payable now

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2008, 11:43 AM »
my ex liked to fish, and didn't mind me hunting.( she thought i would be gutting the deer on the counter like fish, forgive her, she's a brit) maybe the next one........ ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline jon in ct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2008, 11:55 AM »
Mine let me stay unemployed all winter so I could icefish as much as I want.  As long as the house stayed clean she was happy!

Offline pascoag icefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2008, 10:56 PM »
I have a girl that love to fish

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2008, 08:09 AM »
I wish mine liked it, What gets me by is I do 2, 24 hr shifts and she works during the day on my off days. So its me and the kids off fishing. Getting a shelter and heater this year though for them.  :icefish:
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.