Author Topic: INDIANA NEEDS HELP....ICE SHANTY.com BEING BASHED!!  (Read 12996 times)

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
INDIANA NEEDS HELP....ICE SHANTY.com BEING BASHED!!
« on: Mar 14, 2008, 09:22 PM »
this is what many saw in the local paper.....an elitest trout guy bashing a great guy!! we have no limit on perch here.   
 email is on the bottom....keep it clean and clear...
Thanks in advance!!

okay a little help with the link......i'm trying!! ;Dhttp://kpcnews.com/articles/2008/03/14/features/columnists/james_phillips/doc47da73a68dae1496567767.txt
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!

Offline kimball07

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • race,fish,and hunt
Re: INDIANA NEEDS HELP....ICE SHANTY.com BEING BASHED!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2008, 10:13 PM »
left a comment for the paper.  ;)

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2008, 10:15 PM »
thanks much appreciated. 

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2008, 10:39 PM »
okay, that is rude! i don't care who you are, where you come from, or whether or not you're a f&g warden, you do not know anything about these two guys, maybe they have just enough income to buy gas and are forced to use the lake as a source of food for, oh i dunno, 7 kids? ever think of that? well guess what! I'm gonna spam you! I'm going to forward all of the spam in my in box directly to you, and you can't do anything about it! nobody trash talks the good fisherman on iceshanty while i'm around!

woo, that got off some steam, that felt good! you guys should try that! it... it's like punching a wall with their picture on it! that feels good!
but seriously, if there is no limit, a man has the right to catch and keep 125+ fish. in my line of experience, perch reproduce very fast, almost like rats (very, very delicious rats) and in large lakes i see no problem with catching that many fish and keeping them. besides, he's cleaning them.

any threats made are not real threats and are only put there to back-trash them and hopefully get them to shut their mouths!, sorry i'm doing it again, um, yeah.

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2008, 10:48 PM »
I posted My reply.Told em about the overpopulation of Perch.

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline Jack Ryan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2008, 11:05 PM »
Left 'em a note.
"Be the one you want to catch"

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2008, 11:25 PM »
 >:( My wife and I, and my dog, have been greatful to be able to eat perch all winter long. I have been laid off and haven't had much money. Nothing wrong with bringing home 500 perch just as long as they are being consumed and not wasted. (And a finger doesn't get cut off while cleaning them.)

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2008, 12:07 AM »
Once again the news has been reported one sided. If only the person who wrote the article would have more read more posts here he would have never written that article. To judge people without knowing them is very unfair. But thats the kind of world we live in today. Alot of the comments he said that were on here are just lingo. Football players yell..Kill em...break his legs. Every sports has its own lingo. I left a comment and I hope maybe the man who wrote this article takes time to read Iceshanty and see what its all about before judging people and this GREAT site.
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline fishyfinger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Sitting on your icehole is catching!!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2008, 12:57 AM »
No regs on creel of a small fish....overpopulation of a small fish.....can't do this everyday to these small fish, and that's what the freezer is for....stocking with these tasty small fish! That's how to enjoy them until the next time....if they bite the hook. What was Phillips point???? I could see it if there was a "grotesque" waste of fish rotting somewhere, which I have seen when huge dieoffs occur from the lack of oxygen in spawning areas of perch. I'm sure that if the biologists decide there is significant reductions in the perch population they will enact a limit just like here in NY. The bag here is 50 perch per person per day...or 100 perch if you and your friend limited out...SO BIG DEAL THE GUYS CAUGHT 125 PERCH?..SHEEESH. nit picker Phillips...and the father-in-law theory of twenty fish is enough to clean and eat works out to 140 fish for one guy every week if he's retired with nothing to do but fish 7 days a week. Morality is enjoying the fish for dinner. Sure it would be immoral and a travesty if anglers were to keep 125 trout but that is a matter of the biology aspect...if the gene pool of the trout were the same as the perch, then I'm sure they would overpopulate as well...but let's leave that up to the expert biologists to determine, and let's not label people who fish lawfully and morally, or in this case post a reply in support of a good day on the ice with a wonderful resource as the proliferate perch. Phillips keep your opinions to yourself on this issue, the only people intrested in a tabloid editorial like this are members of elitist rights groups, and none of them do you or the rest of the fishing resource any good. Go catch more trout and be happy!
drillem & killem then grillem, OH YEAH!

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2008, 02:46 AM »
Typical trout fisherman vs. panfisherman  ::). Around here the trout anglers seem to have their noses in the air and think they're better than most folks
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2008, 05:36 AM »
Got your back Indiana. Wrote my comments. You understand that it was his intention to stir controversy. He sounds like PETA to me. Very much like PETA as a matter of fact.

Offline SPARKYICE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2008, 05:42 AM »
e-mail the advertisers on the page of his column.
let them know in no uncertain terms that you object to the opinions that they, by proxy through his article, hold, and that you will make every effort to tell every body you know not to buy/use their goods and services.
hit them in the pocketbook.
grandpa told me-"never wrestle with a pig. you both get muddy and the pig likes it".

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Mar 15, 2008, 06:38 AM »
Now this is one I responded to. Wonder how many trout he takes each year? How dare he hurt those cute little trout!
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 15, 2008, 06:46 AM »
Lots of good responses left on that newspapers site. Glad to see people responding the way they are. I'm hoping it does so good. Guess we will see........John
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline Wilsonlaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Mar 15, 2008, 07:19 AM »
In Maine, nobody really eats yellow perch or bluegill and there is no bag limits. I usually ice the yellows that i catch for eagle food. BUT i do like eating large white perch and crappie, so if i get in to them i try to fill at least a five gallon bucket. Perch, bass, walleye, and pike are extremely hardy and reproduce by the tens of thousands. In Maine most of these fish are considered exotic and anglers are encouraged to harvest the fish.

Offline bridgedoctor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 15, 2008, 07:43 AM »
I posted my comments today.

My point was that his article was deceptive because he tried to put a human face on fish when he introduced the 14 year girl/The Pill analogy.  Rather, he should have kept his argument to wildlife biology to prove that the taking of so many perch was immoral.

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2008, 08:57 AM »
thank you all!!!
i wonder if he know the perch can decimate a trout lake he would have written that.....bet he does his homework next time

thanks ....just want pole cat and riverscum to know they are supported!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how would you like to be attacked in your local paper  for a legal harvest!!!!!

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 15, 2008, 09:51 AM »
message left. What i would like to know is how he came across these agregious pictures. as i stated in my comment to the paper, he is either one of the thousand of wanna be lurkers of IS or he was tipped off by a Banned IS member who is hell bent on discretiting this site. It is pathetically written article and i hope the author has a real job because he really stinks at this one.

Snot Rocket
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 15, 2008, 10:18 AM »
 Comment left. I told him he was fishing without bait. ;D

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Mar 15, 2008, 10:20 AM »
I left a post   seems like they have basically shut down responses   as most know  I dont care for perch  in maine  and like to see people eradicate them up here  personal preference  as far as im concerned they did nothing wrong and for that writer to go public and bash this site and the views of the people here is wrong  F&G of each state know what is best and fly by night journalist need to understand that  I still say to those  come to maine  rid us of our perch problem  if you like em that much
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 15, 2008, 10:21 AM »
Alright. I smell PETA. Everybody check your shoes and wipe it off outside. Watch where you step. Its everywhere.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Mar 15, 2008, 10:25 AM »
Alright. I smell PETA. Everybody check your shoes and wipe it off outside. Watch where you step. Its everywhere.
nothing new  time for shrine circus soon   they will be out in force  :(
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline SPARKYICE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Mar 15, 2008, 10:38 AM »
i just read phillip's article again.
he says

" My personal objection involves the ascendancy of science over morality"

i think that is the crux of his whole article.
he's just another self-rightious blowhard trying to impose his views on others.
the only validation of his spewing would be if he were, in fact, MORALY SUPERIOR to the rest of the world.
i suspect he is not.

grandpa told me-"never wrestle with a pig. you both get muddy and the pig likes it".

Offline Mr. gill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 15, 2008, 10:42 AM »
This guy is a tool. If you do not control the population of fish in the lake then all the little ones will take over. He is just upset because he cannot catch a good mess of fish.

Offline Chucker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice - It's not just for drinking!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 15, 2008, 11:00 AM »
message left. What i would like to know is how he came across these agregious pictures. as i stated in my comment to the paper, he is either one of the thousand of wanna be lurkers of IS or he was tipped off by a Banned IS member who is hell bent on discretiting this site. It is pathetically written article and i hope the author has a real job because he really stinks at this one.

Snot Rocket

Possible....  Note the response by "ShantyBasher".  Seems like there is an axe to grind, but they were perfectly aware of the article's existence, even though they claim to be next best thing to banned.
I'm a-going to stay where ya sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk who invented work
In the big rock candy mountains.

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Mar 15, 2008, 12:03 PM »
every time a PETA starts chewing me out i just smile and nod, and when they're done i ask them two questions, 1. do you fish? and 2. are you a truly happy person?

that shuts 'em up real fast.

and by the way, in my last post on this thread i only did that 'cause i needed to yell at something, school problems.

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Mar 15, 2008, 12:28 PM »
They could have shut down the posting on that newspaper..but...it takes awhile for it to be posted. Guess they are reading the posts first.

Offline oleike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Mar 15, 2008, 02:12 PM »
This breaking news....!! Just in.....did everyone here the news Phillips the "writer" has just flipped over to peta. He is no longer a fisherman.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Mar 15, 2008, 02:20 PM »
That is FINE.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.