Author Topic: Tackle Boxes And Bags  (Read 1133 times)

Offline ripstik

• IceShanty Rookie
Tackle Boxes And Bags
« on: Feb 06, 2012, 08:57 PM »
What are you using to keep your jigs and spoons in?  Links or pics would be nice.

Offline CharlieBrn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Tackle Boxes And Bags
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:35 PM »
I use a small Plano box.  The one that has compartments on both sides.  I tried the tube thing by Northland once and had trouble with the tubes staying in the rubber middle housing and dumped jigs all over the ice.  The Plano works great for me.

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:51 PM »
I second the exact same Plano boxes. I use one for "spoon type jigs" only and another for "minnow style lures". For smaller teardrop jigs I use the smallest Genz Box by Clam. I think it holds like 50 small jigs and has some compartments for smaller spoons and plastics. They are small enough containers to fit in the oversize pockets in my rod locker/bag.

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline laclabiche walleye hunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:57 PM »
I use a small flambeau boxs the clear ones with the removable dividers they work great for my stuff.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:02 PM »
I use the small clear plastic boxes with compartments for each jig, that way I can see whats in each box. I just put them in buckets in my Guide.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Bullelk34

« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:22 PM »
I like this little box, has 4 removable boxes and a small compartment on top for storage of miscellaneous goodies. It's hard to show size, but it fits half way into a 5 gallon bucket, it's compact.

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:28 PM »
DUDE ! I Swear on all things holy we were seperated at birth...I showed the pics to my girlfriend and she goes when did you learn how to use photo bucket? LMAO...Not even joking....I have 3 jars of bait and a spool of micro ice in the top but mine is 2lb test!...and you have your boxes labeled...I'm crackin up right now

Bullelk34

« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:31 PM »
Right on brother!!! Do you have a custom made deer antler "perch eye remover" too?

Offline steve339

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:47 PM »
Right on brother!!! Do you have a custom made deer antler "perch eye remover" too?

"perch eye remover" is that what that is?  I was wondering about that.

Bullelk34

« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:51 PM »

Works like a champ, too.   ;D  In fact I just mailed out a few to some friends today. I use antler tines for the perches on cedar birdhouses too, and making the perch eye removers is a good use for the base that's left over.

Offline wyo700

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2012, 11:11 PM »
I like this little box, has 4 removable boxes and a small compartment on top for storage of miscellaneous goodies. It's hard to show size, but it fits half way into a 5 gallon bucket, it's compact.

(Image removed from quote.)

I have the exact same one. Keep different colors and styles in each small box and other larger spoons and other supplies on the top, a great little box.

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2012, 11:23 PM »
Hahahahahahahaha no you got me on that one but I'm still thrilled to see someone else using that same little box for icefishing...when I saw that box on the shelf I didn't care about cost I said to myself "that's mine" and never looked back its absolutely perfect!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2012, 12:11 AM »
This is just some of my gear that I have pics of. I think there are 5 more small boxes also.

If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2012, 05:37 AM »
Works like a champ, too.   ;D  In fact I just mailed out a few to some friends today. I use antler tines for the perches on cedar birdhouses too, and making the perch eye removers is a good use for the base that's left over.
I don't have the perch eye remover but I do use antlers for perches on bird houses. We don't have any perch in our area soooo.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline Handy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2012, 02:14 PM »
I too have the same tackle box as bullelk34 but mine is tan. Its big enough to carry quite a bit of gear but small enough to fit into my sled nicely with the other equipment. I got mine about 3 years ago and haven't even looked at upgrading to a bigger box.

Paul

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2012, 05:54 PM »
The plano 1157 is the best, the 4 trays for loose stuff, and the top tray holds my 4 fly boxes with jigs.  2 small clam boxes, 1 med clam box, and a bug luggage.  been using it for a bunch of years.
The Greenhornet's caught more fish then you've lied about, Gustafson!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2012, 06:00 PM »
I've always been a top load bag guy myself... This is what I am currently using, it a great bag for a great price.

http://www.fleetfarm.com/catalog/product_detail/fleet-farm-brands/sporting-goods/mills-fleet-farm/mills-fleet-farm-by-plano-softsided-zippered-tackle-bag

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
« Reply #17 on: Feb 07, 2012, 07:01 PM »
 I use the Clam jig boxes with the flasher bag by Clam as well. The Flasher bag holds a ton of tackle plus has a spot for two poles. I hole jump alot so it is a bonus to have everything all in a portable bag with a shoulder strap.
  Matt

Offline mackdog75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:36 PM »
hey Bullelk34 could you show us how that perch eye remover works? I would like to make one myself.

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #19 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:45 PM »
yep

Bullelk34

« Reply #20 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:48 PM »
If I think of it, next time I use it I'll make a video for you Mack. I'll try to get one made for you this weekend- I'll shoot you a PM.

Offline klbeeks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 08, 2012, 08:24 AM »

also have a couple small planos for more spoons and jiggin raps
Fish On'

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #22 on: Feb 08, 2012, 06:31 PM »

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline just_a_beer_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Feb 08, 2012, 06:40 PM »
I somehow lost all my jigs as of last year :'(  Started out buying new one again.   Using one of the Ice Armor boxes right now, til that fills up and I have to get another one.  Pocket size is awsome!
Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bout-Time

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 08, 2012, 06:52 PM »
The little Ice Armor box is great for my Fiskas and Ratsos, and I have a couple Plano boxes for spoons and plastic tails.

This all goes in an old army grenade bag.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.