Author Topic: Pranks on the Ice  (Read 1858 times)

HFT

Pranks on the Ice
« on: Nov 03, 2004, 09:49 PM »
Last year I read a thread about pranks and practical jokes here and I think it was some of the funniest reading I have ever read. I was just wondering if there were any new ones pulled off this last year? ???
 :'(I missed the dead line for your addiction contest. I think I am addicted to: the look on a rookies face on their first time out,when the ice pops and cracks and I scream OH NO!

Offline mod_auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pranks on the Ice
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2004, 10:04 PM »
I would have to say the best prank that my friends pull is when there is a group of us out fishing. When a flag goes up, about 1/2 of the people run to the flag, while everyone else stays and jig fishes and watches. One of the jig fishers would dash to one of the nearest flags nearest to us and trip it, and run back to where we were jigging.

we would act like we did not see the flag, and one of the guys that would have run out to the original flag would yell and start running towards the dummy flag. Only by the time he or they get there, nothing is on the end of the line. It seems that this never dies, and that there is always someone who gets caught up in the moment, and is the one who is dooped.
Play 'em if you wanna fillet 'em!

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2004, 11:28 PM »
Probably all I have ever done is had mild pranks played on me, like someone saying a flag is up when one isn't. Get's my heart racing and irritates me, especially on a slow day.  >:(.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Reelinrolly

« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2004, 12:44 AM »
prank....hmmm...try telling the ontario boys were out of beer.......lol....they don't think thats funny though.....lol....the flag one is a good one though pulled that on my buddy several times...lol

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2004, 02:01 AM »
HFT-You are a rotten person! ;D I like you. ;) One of my favorites is to sneak up on my buddy's fish house when the ice is cracking good and loud, and giving a resounding whack to the propane tank with a metal folding chair!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Offline Josephs Prairie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • See you on the ice!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2004, 02:11 AM »
My favorite prank to play is when my buddy isn't looking I'll hook a swivel to his rod that I have tied to a extra spool of line from my tackle box. Then I move away from his rod 20-30' away or go to my rod, or wherever and give it a good hard jig once in awhile till he see's it. This gets him everytime...he'll come a running from wherever, sliding all the way almost falling (sometimes he falls) to get to the rod a give it a yank so hard. That if there was a fish on it would need denture's after a pull like that. One time I did this in a local derby but he wasn't paying attention so I put the spool down and wandered off. But some young boy had crossed the path of the line to go some where and created the action off a lunker everytime he took another step away. Well I thought my buddy was gonna break a hip he ran so fast then fell on his side trying to get the hook set trying to land this imaginary fish. Even after he had the rod the boy was still walking and the rod was still jerking in his hand but now from a funny angle. Realizing this he new what was up but it was to late about 40 people saw the results of my shannanigins. Well did we LOL! :)
NAFC Life Member
Catcherman.com Staff
B&D Custom Lures Pro Staff

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2004, 08:45 AM »
My all time favorite happened a few years ago. A group of guy's from the net got together in Michigan. While one of the Michigan guy's had his back turned one of the Minnesota guy's replaced his minnow with a slice of venision summer sausage, When he saw his flag up he of couse ran to his tip-up, and began to haul it up. The look on his face when he found the "sausage" fish!  I still laugh ever time i think of it. Now any time he goes fishing he gets told to watch out for dos "sausage" fish! LOL
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

HFT

« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2004, 03:52 PM »
we only get to fish one rod here,last year my 2 buddies were giving each other a hard time,finally one was fed up. Got up off his bucket walked over to the other guys hole and took a leak. :o

Offline APU GARCIA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saskatchewan
« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2004, 05:00 PM »
Last year one of my pals went fo a quick sled ride so I hooked an already cleaned pike on his line. He got back picked up his rod felt the weight and set the hook. To his surprise the Pike had no fillets, it was all pretty funny until at the end of the day that was the only fish he had caught. ;D
MY NAME IS APU, HOW DO YOU DO, NOW YOU GUNNA DIE!!!!!!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2004, 12:05 AM »
Try This:   At the end of a day's ice fishing and chasing tip up flags, after you and your buddy(s) have finished picking up all your tip ups, and begun to walk back to the car -- Yell  'FLAG' as loud as you can and see how many of your friends spin around to locate the "phantom flag".
My pal and I have been doing this to each other for more than 40 years -- and it still works!!!

OR:

If your fishing pal leaves the area of your tip ups to answer "Nature's Call", or to get something from the car, You
set off the flags on most of your tip ups, then go sit down in your chair and pretend to be asleep.  Watch his reaction when he returns and sees all those "flags" up, and you sleeping!!!

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2004, 08:35 AM »
We would wait until our buddy went to get something or take a leak. WE'd take the hook off his line put it back in the hole and put his flag up.  We'd  run over to our own traps and pretend to be checking the bait. He sees the his flag and it looks like a fish took line. The look on his face when he pulls up his line with no hook is priceless. " wooo must of been a big fish." he'd say!  Yup sure looks that way.  ;D Then we'd laugh like crazy while he's trying to figure out what type of fish it was and how big.

smitty :tipup:

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2004, 12:39 PM »
This has got to be the funniest thing I ever read here on the shanty:

Back before cell phones, we were fishing a smaller lake we enjoy.  One of my buddies left something in the truck and walked back to get it.  When he got back on the ice he realized he locked the keys in the truck.  Well for some odd reason, I had my spare set in my coat pocket...of course I neglected to tell him that.  Anyway we fished for a few hours then went back to the truck.  On the way back, we told Rich when we got to the truck, he was walking back to Rosie's to call my wife to bring us keys and we'd stay with the equipment(about a 2 mile walk).  As soon as he got out of sight, Steve and I jumped in the truck and drove the opposite way around the lake to Rosie's, and parked out back.  When he walked in, already pi$$ed about having to walk there, and saw us sitting at the bar with a cold pop he flipped.  He wouldn't drink the beer we had set up waiting for him, and called his wife to come get him.  Of course the next weekend he was on the ice with us...but he drove that trip.

It can be found here:

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=4720.30

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.