Author Topic: Rembrandt fishing tackle  (Read 4522 times)

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Rembrandt fishing tackle
« on: Oct 31, 2004, 09:18 PM »
I am looking for and info on Rembrant ice fishing lures. Anyone here know anything about??
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

lite fish

Re: Rembrandt fishing tackle
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2004, 08:44 PM »
The only Rembrant lure I know of is a willow leaf with a purist body assuming you know what a purist is , any way the guy that came up with it has been dead and buried close to twenty years now .Pinky John was his name to anyone that fished on the ice in the midwest. Jigs and spin are one of the companies that make a copy of them it is a real good crappie lure threw the ice , great under a bobber for gills in the summer as well . they still use the rembrant name and their is at least two other guys making them . Or were two years ago ,  (last Time I needed a few.) (the rat fink was one of his jigs to )

Offline jigginfireman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • When hell freezes over I will fish that too!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2004, 09:08 AM »
Blue Floyd,
Check this website out. http://www.joaniejiggs.com/rembrant.html This is the one of the places you could buy these jigs. I purchase them locally at a bait and tackle store. I like them for crappie fishing. I also use the smaller sizes for gills. To fish them use a light line and use a quick snap on your line. They key is to let the jig swim freely on the snap. Make very small clockwise or counter clockwise circles with your rod tip. I say 1/2' circles with the tip of your rod. Use a very sensitive spring bobber along with some hi vis mono line. My old man uses this combination all year long. I dont think he wants to use anything else. I use it on and off. Drop me a line if you have any more questions.
Take care and tight lines!!!!!!!

stinky

« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2004, 11:14 AM »
 try the Little Atom co. they make the puriest and rembrandt.  Custom jigs also makes some
bob

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2004, 06:33 PM »
great and thanks guys.  wouldn't you know its a thing I can't catch fish with??? I own several Custom jigs purists. bites but no hook ups.  Hooked up with guy off in-depth to send me pix of his display.  thanks again.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.