Author Topic: So, who tried out the Striker Ice boots?  (Read 5828 times)

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
So, who tried out the Striker Ice boots?
« on: Feb 14, 2018, 07:45 PM »
I've got the Hardwater suit, Kahtoola's, and mittens...next up is boots.  My Bogs and Wolverine's aren't cutting it as I have poor circulation.  My fingers and toes get cold pretty quickly.  Anybody get the Striker boots and have some feedback?  Unfortunately, it looks like our ice season here in Ohio is over for me, but I'd like to take advantage of end of season deals and pick up a pair for next year, if everyone is happy with them.  Thanks!

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: So, who tried out the Striker Ice boots?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2018, 08:17 PM »
I would guess they would be similar to bogs

Offline jayman_1975

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2018, 08:10 PM »
Get yourself a pair of these.  Warmest boots I have ever worn and I have blown a ton of money trying to find warm boots.  I have colder than normal feet and these are great. 

https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/apparels-and-protective-gear/boots/ckx-boots-yukon?sku=033081&keyword=Ckx%20yukon

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2018, 11:43 PM »
Get yourself a pair of these.  Warmest boots I have ever worn and I have blown a ton of money trying to find warm boots.  I have colder than normal feet and these are great. 

https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/apparels-and-protective-gear/boots/ckx-boots-yukon?sku=033081&keyword=Ckx%20yukon

50 bucks cheaper.
https://www.amazon.com/CKX-Boots-Yukon-Size-9/dp/B017NSPS1W

Offline jcrow75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2018, 08:21 PM »
50 bucks cheaper.
https://www.amazon.com/CKX-Boots-Yukon-Size-9/dp/B017NSPS1W

Are they waterproof? They don't look like it. I currently have Mickey's but am looking for something lighter that is still waterproof.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2018, 05:08 AM »
Are they waterproof? They don't look like it. I currently have Mickey's but am looking for something lighter that is still waterproof.

Click link
Scroll down
Waterproof = yes
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline jcrow75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2018, 07:09 PM »
Click link
Scroll down
Waterproof = yes

I should have clarified. I was wondering if someone has them and their experience is that they are waterproof and stay that way over time. I seem to end up in slush a lot and don't want wet feet. 

Lots of ADs say such and such boots are waterproof. Then you look at the reviews and not so much. There are no reviews for that boot yet.

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2018, 11:42 AM »
I should have clarified. I was wondering if someone has them and their experience is that they are waterproof and stay that way over time. I seem to end up in slush a lot and don't want wet feet. 

Lots of ADs say such and such boots are waterproof. Then you look at the reviews and not so much. There are no reviews for that boot yet.

+1 on this. Winter boots are always listed as "waterproof" but there is a big difference in what waterproof can mean

"front door>car>store" waterproof vs 6 hours on the ice walking through 2inches of slush waterproof
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline Rustyfa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2018, 08:50 PM »
I bought a pair last year.  I followed the specs and bought a size larger than I usually wear.  They were comfortable and stayed warm every time I tried them.  I wore one light sock and one heavy inside the boot.  They were under water up to my ankles for 15 minutes at a time and did not leak. 

I'm going to try them out in colder weather this year as -10 was the coldest I was out in them other than blowing snow.

One weird thing, one of the boots turned silverish.  I stored them in my youngests room so wondering if they colored one of my boots with something??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.